Close
One second...

The Grrl-ppreciation Blog

I think my blog about appreciating The Guys™ made it seem like I had some kind of aversion to The Grrlz™.

Which is just not the case.

The girls here are wonderful, amazing human beings. Sometimes I wonder where my deluded sense of hopeless romance derived from because, just a few years ago, I was that shy kid who had no idea how to really even put a smile on a girl's face, and I guess I'm still that kid. But the girls around here have always been so supportive and they always manage to take care of me, even when I am that obnoxious lothario character.

Hmm, maybe that doesn't really explain it well.

Okay, well, there's this part in Father of the Bride II (which I just watched over the weekend) wherein the Steve Martin character's wife and daughter are both going into labor. So there is general chaos, but in a single moment in the hall, Steve Martin turns to the doctor and says "These women are my life", and the doctor and the audience all just understand.

And I guess it's just kind of like that.

I just like the transition between those two pictures because I remember something funny happening but not the specifics.

Feel free to post your favorite grrl moments. Grrlments? Making words was a lot easier with "bro", I'll admit that.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
Omair

they make me so nervous!

Chipmnk

Dudemair, you just have to look into a girl's eyes and imagine she is me.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I like this blog better because I have girl parts and can thus insinuate myself into it better.

Chipmnk

I like when Deeann insinuates herself into things.

wut.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

Grrlz are pretty swell

Chipmnk

Me too, Khol. Me too.

FootB! I hope Ben saw that blog and decided to start a twitter.

Omair

Every time I've ever talked to a threadless girl, I always like, felt alive I guess? i don't know I guess that's the best explanation. there's this feeling that I get when i talk to a girl that I find interesting or cool, like my head swells and my temples get warm, and I just gain this weird sense of confidence where I don't want to be that boring nerd that I always am, and I wanna make them laugh and I want them to be my friend and I'm interested in everything they're saying, and for the moments that we're actually hanging out I don't have that feeling of insecurity and paranoia that I always seem to default to. Threadgirls make me feel like that every time I talk to them.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I have hopes that I can be in the pictures for one of these blogs one day.

Hopefully wearing a monocle.

Chipmnk

Omair. I know exactly how you feel.

stubby43

thread girls are awesome town, you accept us for who we are, even are most nerdy and uncool parts of ourselves.

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

I like girls. Sometimes they talk to me. That is a thing which i like

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

marblecargirl on Apr 05 '10 at 7:43pm
FootB II!

which blog do you mean?

Omair

good alvin, because I suck with wordz.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

If I could I would take all the threadladies out to a fancy dinner one by one and we could talk about cool stuff and do really nice things because all the threadladies makes my heart feel like a this

mooseinmyshoe

I like the girls here, too. I don't feel judged for my lack of fashion sense, or lame hair cut.

Threadgals are pretty tight.

mike bautista

Sarah, your fashion sense only lacks lameness, and your haircut is pretty and if it had a smell it would be baby cologne.

Chipmnk

Seriously, Phil. Back in the day, I was pretty scared about never finding the right girl, but I realized that, if there are at least a few girls like those on Threadless, there is hope.

And Ben, there was this blog where I mentioned I was watching Father of the Bride II and Aubrey mis-shortened it to "FootBII" and they were saying how that would be a good twitter name for you. @FootB

chelly

i like them
they like me
it is good

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

Hahahahaha cool, nice idea!

Omair

that IS a good twitter, man. I don' want to steal your shine, alvin, so I'm not going to talk about threadgirls anymore. I'll just say things.

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

i liked talking to omair in chicago bc nothing made sense (but really, it made so much sense i didnt get it) socooltalkmang, so cool. also, we talked about alvin's walk. good times.

also, kyoot blog.

rhythmdev9

iPear on Apr 05 '10 at 7:48pm
Every time I've ever talked to a girl... my head swells

Steve The Great

threadgirls are the best girls. the only girls.

Chipmnk

Dude, Omair. Don't even. I partially made this blog so that other dudes could work their magic with the girls. Sometimes, I feel like a dick because I'm like the guy who spells a girl's name out with fireworks to ask her out to prom while all the other guys bought chocolates and just asked and it's not like it came any less from the heart just because it was a little less grandiose, yanno?

stubby43

I had an awesome post typed then my wireless conection decided to crap out.

But the short version is please marry me thread girls, your amazing.

stubby43

Oh I was going to add that I am disapointed to report that the majority of the thread girls I met in 2007 have left the community.

boo.

blossompossum

I feel like my swooning is getting too predictable, so I'll refrain from doing so.

stubby43

p.s this photo makes me laugh because its like best friends forever... and brett.

PuppetMeat
PuppetMeat profile pic Alumni

Threadgirls intimidate me with their beauty and hilarity. I am outmatched in both. Same with Threadbros. And non-Threadbros/girls.

Omair

hahaha, alvin's Walk!

Chipmnk

blossompossum on Apr 05 '10 at 8:08pm
I feel like my swooning is getting too predictable, so I'll refrain from doing so.

Well then my catching you is getting too predictable, but I'll keep on doing it.

Omair

why W is uppercase and the a in alvin's name isn't, is beyond my current technological understanding

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Threadfolks are so amazing. I was just thinking about this the other day, how we have so many funny, adorable, sweet, talented, and downright awesome folks hanging around a little website about t-shirts. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!

Chipmnk

I still don't know how I walk. :|

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

threadgirls are the type of girls where you hug them, and then the hug ends, and then you get sad 'cause it was like the best hug ever

Chipmnk

Deeann, they asked the same thing about JESUS.

Chipmnk

So true, Brian. So true.

mike bautista

SHIRTS, DEEANN. THE SHIT YOU CAN DO WITH A SHIRT.

mike bautista

That's the cutest most confusing analogy I've ever read, Chris. But it has Anna in it so it like makes sense kinda.

tracerbullet

if anna were an ice cream flavor, she'd be mint chocolate hugs

Omair

if anna was a slice of pizza, she would be a cheese slice of pizza from dominos.

tracerbullet

if anna was a drink, she'd be Ecto Cooler

mike bautista

If Anna was a food, I'd be like oh man I don't wanna eat you! And then we become best friends.

Omair

If anna was a smell, it would be barbeque sauce

Omair

wait, is that racist?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
No account?