Close
One second...

Think Outside of the Box

• by treihugir
  • posted Mar 27, 2010
  • 110 Comments

Hey everyone! This is my design! It's sorta a rough draft, as you can see I haven't totally figured out the colors I want it to be. I'm pretty sure on the colors that I have so far, but if you have any suggestions as to what colors I could use don't hesitate. I did put on the colors I am thinking about using, but you can give me advice on changing those as well. I'm kinda new here so I am definitely open to any suggestions you have and I could also use some tips on the do's and dont's of submitting for scoring and whatnot too. So thanks in advance and I hope you like it!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
pollitro

Really cool, ready to print!

premedito

That's perfect!
Submit NOW! :D

Frosby
Frosby profile pic Alumni

i like it - a nice colourful design. works well on yellow and dark brown too!

lochok

I like it. Clever design - especially with the little dudes walking and sitting around.

Probably not something I would wear though.

Frame

Awesome. I think I definitely like the colors on V3 and V5 the best. Would like to see placement. I kind of agree with E-house on liking it better without the dudes holding the box. Definitely a great design.

deja_nintendo

cooool. i likey! strongest colour scheme is v5!

it feels like the main area of design is slightly off center with those bits extending it out to the right? so maybe shorten those bits slightly, or extend the trumpet style bits out the otherside?

also agree with frame and e-house about the dudes with box on the right.

and what about turning the main box in the center with all the stuff coming out into a character like the others? you already have the face!

right i think thats it. very cool :)

treihugir

This is the Light Brown version (Im probably going to drop this one cause its the same color as the box)...

treihugir

This is the yellow version =D I like this one a lot!

treihugir

This is the Dark Brown version. This is my favorite of the three colored tees. Im having a hard time to decide which one i like better between this one and the yellow one, but im pretty sure i like this one the most. =D Let me know what you guys think of the placement! =D Also, how do i make it so that i can show all three versions without having to submit three different ones and without having to make all three really small???

treihugir

The Larger Designs are V3-V5! Let me know what you guys think! =)

AveriaRose

I have to say, this is really good. I wouldn't have necessarily made the connection with the proverb "Think outside the box" had you not prompted it, but even on its own, it's a strong design and very very intriguing as well. I'd say, Submit!
Well done =)
When you've got a chance, I could use some help with mine too. I think I'm almost ready to sub!
When_Dairy_Goes_Bad

treihugir

crap, sorry =/ new member...

brazziga

It's nice, maybe I would try with different color tees, I mean something not brown...

MaGoogals

Good to see this coming along. Maybe another coloured tee. Otherwise ready to go.

cescobresco

i prefer it brown, it gives more the cardboard idea to all the design :)
im just not shure about the little cardboaard-boy in the middle....all the others chaaracters are well integrated and doing something in the composition....i think the one in the middle is a bit "strange" and not integrated.....what is he doing? is he floating in light?
I think it's almost there to submission, i'd just try also a different color palette...just to see how it looks....maybe with darker yellow and blue

Elicea

I LOVE this! the little cardboard people are so adorable. And I love your choice of colors. They look great against the brown.

Thanks for your review by the way ;)

erelca

really beautiful like this! Love the choice for the colors.

I've a couple of critiques on the go...
Boat
I'm single
zebra

ibeenthere

this is coming along very nicely! Please help me out and rate mine:) Owl Commando

elliemaybe

Oh man, this rocks. Love the little cardboard guys! I definitely say brown, as someone else said, it adds to the cardboard vibe. Plus there just aren't enough brown shirts on Threadless... and it's my favourite colour. (That's kinda sad, isn't it?)

Critique me back?

elliemaybe

Whoa, just checked out v1 too... this design has come a LONG way. Good job!

treihugir

haha thank you! :D you should see the original sketch :P

KreativeGym

I meant maybe like stretch those cylinder highers or those rectangle longer?

HeeBee GeeBee

sweet.

can you help me out? "melon-choly"

treihugir

Any more comments? and let me know which color you guys like best out of the three latest versions :D thanks!

nervicles

This version is way better than the previous.. love the placement too.. Also, brown shirt suited the design

check mine if you have time: link text

Nacho G

Awesome... ready for submission, i would just put it on a real brown tee template, it gives more feeling of the shirt will look like.

If you have a bit of time, would you mind commenting my design?

thanks!

treihugir

Thanks everyone for the comments! Im working on the (hopefully) final version, and it should be up probably sometime in the next two weeks (really busy lol). Thanks again! :D

treihugir

Hey Everyone! :D My new version is up! but i couldn't get it on this critique without it getting screwed up somehow... But if you go to my profile you can find it there! The new name is Cardboard Epiphany! Let me know what you guys think about the improvements and the new name too! Thanks in Advance!!! :D

treihugir

Hey Everyone! :D My new version is up! but i couldn't get it on this critique without it getting screwed up somehow... But if you go to my profile you can find it there! The new name is Cardboard Epiphany! Let me know what you guys think about the improvements and the new name too! Thanks in Advance!!! :D

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us