Close
One second...

Think Outside of the Box

• by treihugir
  • posted Mar 27, 2010
  • 110 Comments

Hey everyone! This is my design! It's sorta a rough draft, as you can see I haven't totally figured out the colors I want it to be. I'm pretty sure on the colors that I have so far, but if you have any suggestions as to what colors I could use don't hesitate. I did put on the colors I am thinking about using, but you can give me advice on changing those as well. I'm kinda new here so I am definitely open to any suggestions you have and I could also use some tips on the do's and dont's of submitting for scoring and whatnot too. So thanks in advance and I hope you like it!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
treihugir

Hey everyone! This is my design! It's sorta a rough draft, as you can see I haven't totally figured out the colors I want it to be. I'm pretty sure on the colors that I have so far, but if you have any suggestions as to what colors I could use don't hesitate. I did put on the colors I am thinking about using, but you can give me advice on changing those as well. I'm kinda new here so I am definitely open to any suggestions you have and I could also use some tips on the do's and dont's of submitting for scoring and whatnot too. So thanks in advance and I hope you like it!

Guthiz

I think need more elements out going of the box

I will be pleased if you score mine Cat who stole Moon

brenrasmussen

ya add some more stuff to the box will make it better and def more color awesome start.

vencha

Looks awesome!!!

lilesemi

It looks great! I think it would be cool if you put a design of some sort for the coloring of one of the things coming out of the box. Like plaid or argyle or something like that.

empiricist
empiricist profile pic Alumni

Definitely could use more colors and maybe try making it more out of the box?

Jebs
Jebs profile pic Alumni

nice, but forst opf all, try to put it on a tee template, real one, to see how it will work ;)
then, the outlines have all the same thickness, that's kinda "of boring" in a way, you should try to give life to those outlines imo ;)
keep it up!

DangerRuss

What Jebs said. The image would look much more dynamic with varying line weights. And I'd say rework the box a little bit. The rounded corners look a bit off to me. I like the elements coming out of the box and how they're all going off in different directions, adds a lot of energy to it. Looking forward to the next iteration!

dbieon12

Concept is good.

Try un-rounding the corners maybe?
Maybe adding a little more color would help too (in certain areas).

Nice work.

Please critique mine! Blue Balls

treihugir

Thanks for the addvice guys but if you would just read my original post you would realize that im not finished colorizing it yet and posted it like this to ask what colors you guys think i should add. If you guys would've just stopped and took a second to read my post than maybe i could be getting more valuable feedback than "i think it needs to not all be white." So sorry if i sound a little pissed but i kind of am because i was honestly hoping that i would be getting better advice than that. Sorry, but i've already gotten 4 comments telling me that i need to add color... just read the post please.

MaGoogals

Blah blah... where's the second version............

treihugir

Hey Guys! This is my second instalment, and yes I know I haven't done placement yet, but I think that should be the last thing I figure out before sumbitting for scoring. Tell me what you think and thanks in advance! =D

treihugir

What colors do you guys think I should use and where should I put them????

gasss97

you can only use one other color, so you have to test some differents combinations to see what is the better, and perhaps some shadows in the box (it's to be tested), good luck

thanks for your comment, could you score and let me comment on an other work I submitted, thanks

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Perhaps everything could be coloured apart from the little guys and the box, almost like everything outside the box is bursting into colour. The little guys are really cute and I like how they have boxes for heads.

treihugir

Thank you fox! I really like that idea!!! =D thanks so much for the suggestion!

Ms6101985

I really like this...You should put it on the bottm right side of a tee shirt.

treihugir

thats what i was thinking too =D

tjc45

cool!

cstyves

Really cool !

If you can add more strange things outsiding the box.. by replacing the tube behind it will be reallllly awesome :)

feel free to comment mine

I Hurt You

taxiQueen

The little figures make me think of the little forest spirits in Princess Mononoke :-) And I also like the clean vector look. If I were you, I'd consider a couple of things (but it's just my opinion)...

1. Try to make the objects in the box a bit more specific. Like the tubes are part of a recognisable musical instrument or something; the cylinders could be part of an engine or whatever; the thing on the right could be an ice hockey stick etc...

2. You might be able to solve the colour dilemma by using half tones (I found a very simple, straightforward tutorial for half tones - http://www.photoshoplab.com/halftone-mania.html - if you know all about them already, sorry).

3. On the topic of half tones: you've already got black. Half tones could be used to create grays & shadows or even to create other colours (e.g. instead of making the tubes 2 grays, just make them different shades of black).

Hope it helps a bit!

If you have some time, please check out my design and vote:
http://www.threadless.com/submission/266306/rough_amp_green

fait1307

I love the design. Are you going to leave some parts in white and the rest in color, because I would love to see it with even more colors and just have the box people in white or something. Something to toy with!

treihugir

yeah thanks for the advice! i think im gonna toy around with leaving the box and boxmen white or just the boxmen or maybe even mess around with making their eyes a certain color while leaving the rest of them white or something.... Thanks for the great advice everyone! keep it comin! =P

Rynoa

I'd leave the majority of it white, but add some colors on the right part of the design, otherwise it's a little unbalanced with all the colored parts on the left side and none on the right :)

Amcc

I think a suggestion would be maybe thicker outside lines, and pump up the saturation on the colors, maybe even make the lines a color and put them on a colored shirt, for more of a contrast. Right now it's kind of reading coloring booky. I would just do a few more color comps. Also maybe try to fill the box more there is a fairly large shape forming under the grey tuba-y shape and the inside of the box. :)

Tofudge

Awesome! The guy who's thinking about jumping looks kinda like he's sitting. And the guys who are below maybe can hold something so that it's easier to tell they want to catch him.

Check out my design Thanks!

treihugir

last bump, i promise =P

treihugir

Im not sure about this color, its cool but i think it detracts from the picture being that it is the same color as the box which is sorta the main focus...

treihugir

This is my second favorite color...

treihugir

Hello again! This is my new version after many many hours of hard work, but I think it has paid off!!! =D there are two other versions before this one that are the same but with different colored backgrounds, so take a look and let me know which one you guys like the best! =D

treihugir

V3, V4 and V5 are the three different backgrounds take a look! =D

ValHolla

i like it! wouldn't mind seeing a placement, though.

Check it out!

graf

i like it, but i'd like to see it on a tee...

GODFATHER OFFER

let me know what you think

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us