Abloo bloo bloo!

• by Phauxe
  • posted Mar 18, 2010
  • 17 Comments

This design is the simple flow of a jellyfish. Let me know if I should submit and leave me some critique.

Watch this
Phauxe

This design is the simple flow of a jellyfish. Let me know if I should submit and leave me some critique.

Maddy moo

I really like this - but there's something not quite right. Maybe try a slightly lighter background? And the strands could be slightly longer and more twisted... Just a suggestion though, and i really like the detail around the head.

Iellwen

The jellyfish are perfect, but it's too simple for a threadless shirt. From the viewpoint of a customer, I buy shirts that are worth my money in either the category "neat idea/funny" or "pretty".

To go for the "pretty" category, try adding a subtle background that complements the quiet wavy theme. For example:

What if you made the shirt black with the current background color as a splotch in the middle with the jellyfish on it, and fades out to the black. Add some patches of light here and there along with some subtle undersea scenery.

Definitely a good idea for the flip flop contest.

teemi

the strands are kind of blurred.. but I love the shirt's color.

dispencers

This shirt is pretty. I really like the size of the jellyfish and how long and wavy the tentacles are.

critique my shir!

isquared

Shirt looks good. It might look better if the strands within the jellyfish's head are not as squiggly. Also maybe having one of the jellyfish going around the side of the shirt would give it some depth.

Please comment on my shirt.
http://www.threadless.com/critique/64191/Lil_Wayne_T#v2

isquared

Shirt looks good. It might look better if the strands within the jellyfish's head are not as squiggly. Also maybe having one of the jellyfish going around the side of the shirt would give it some depth.

Please comment on my shirt.
http://www.threadless.com/critique/64191/Lil_Wayne_T#v2

Phauxe

Thanks for the critiques, yeah this is just a rough idea, still working on it and needs to be cleaned up a bit. Keep the comments coming.

Phauxe

Here is my new version made some big changes. Let me know if I should submit it, and leave me some critique.

littlefox47

I love it and heaps better than v.1, on the grey and with the white around makes the overall design pop more rather than blue on blue and more of a linework piece.
I think this is fantastic on the shirt, definitely grabs my attention only thing is placement on the thongs needs some work. (you guys dont call it thongs tho do you? flip flops?)

millyblue

I like this drawing,better than v1 , the addition of the background was brilliant. try in different colors..

Phauxe

Alot of you were asking for some color shirts instead of white, I still want to offer this in white but I revised with a blue, gray and red. I also adjust the placement and wrap around a little more. Hope you like it please let me know what colors and if its ready for submit.

No account?
Join Us