Close
One second...

Videogame blog

This is were I talk to other people about videogames I want, am playing, bought, will be buying, etc.

It'll probably be mostly just Omair and me geeking it up.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 95
  3. 96
  4. 97
  5. 98
  6. 99
  7. 100
  8. 101
  9. 102
  10. 103
taz-pie

heyyy i used to play tomb raider! BECAUSE BOOBS

lifeform987
lifeform987 profile pic Alumni

I am still playing Anno 2070. I heard that Crysis 3 pc will deface many video cards because of it's extensive filters?!?

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

wait so is Tomb Raider just another Far Cry? that would suck. I'm desperately ready for a new Rockstar or Bethesda experience. And by that I mean Red Dead and Fallout.

Omair

Oh man, guys, tomb raider is legit so far. Like, I thought it would just be Lara Croft being continually brutally hurt for 8 hours straight. But, it's like a survival exploration game. The QTEs are actually really annoying though. They're tense, but when you keep witnessing the same brutal wolf mauling over and over again it's a pain in the ass.

I definitely do feel vulnerable playing as Lara in the game so far. Like I feel like avoiding fights and taking enemies silently can be just as difficult as it is to fight them. She's constantly presented with these scary situations and you feel so bad for her. But at the same time, as you progress the game subtly hints at the fact that she has greatness in her. Even though she isn't a dual gun wielding acrobat yet, she could be one day. It's supposed to be an origin story, I think.

We'll see where it goes when I'm finished though.

lifeform987
lifeform987 profile pic Alumni
iPear said:

Oh man, guys, tomb raider is legit so far. Like, I thought it would just be Lara Croft being continually brutally hurt for 8 hours straight. But, it's like a survival exploration game. The QTEs are actually really annoying though. They're tense, but when you keep witnessing the same brutal wolf mauling over and over again it's a pain in the ass.

I definitely do feel vulnerable playing as Lara in the game so far. Like I feel like avoiding fights and taking enemies silently can be just as difficult as it is to fight them. She's constantly presented with these scary situations and you feel so bad for her. But at the same time, as you progress the game subtly hints at the fact that she has greatness in her. Even though she isn't a dual gun wielding acrobat yet, she could be one day. It's supposed to be an origin story, I think.

We'll see where it goes when I'm finished though.

nice review, makes me want to buy the game. But i have to finish some of my steam games atm.

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

For those curious about Dead Space 3, I give it my full and enthusiastic endorsement.

I didn't play either DS titles before this one, and my buddy and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The co-op experience is fantastic and the weapon crafting is SO much fun.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

i liked Tomb Raider quite a lot. It has a lot of similar gameplay mechanics as Arkham City. Fun story, cool environments, feels real nice when you take out bad guys. The weapons and upgrades are great, but the skills you unlock and learn with xp (similar to Batman's combos and takedowns) are a bit underwhelming as none of them really seem to make a very big impact in the game. -Now you can carry more ammo!- Oh ok, but that was never really a problem.

jublin
iPear said:

I definitely do feel vulnerable playing as Lara in the game so far...

Yeah they did an awesome job of that. In the beginning, you really can't do much and it's fun being stealthy and silently taking out bad guys. As the game progresses she starts shouting out at enemies and threatening them and you realize you have all these cool weapons and think "oh yeah I'm pretty badass now".

Omair
jublin said:

i liked Tomb Raider quite a lot. It has a lot of similar gameplay mechanics as Arkham City. Fun story, cool environments, feels real nice when you take out bad guys. The weapons and upgrades are great, but the skills you unlock and learn with xp (similar to Batman's combos and takedowns) are a bit underwhelming as none of them really seem to make a very big impact in the game. -Now you can carry more ammo!- Oh ok, but that was never really a problem.

It's like a mandatory thing now to have an upgrade system in your game somehow.

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Oh shit! I just done seen this guacamelee preview and now I'm pumped about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ySsX2h-OtE

Also, I'm glad there's people here enjoying Tomb Raider, it does look like a blast. I should be getting to it as soon as I'm done with Darksiders, wich should be in a few days.

againstbound

Wait, so we have quoting but how the hell do you post videos?

Omair

yoooooooooo, I been talking bout that shit for a minute! Why has it not come out yet? I love metroidvania gamesssssssssssssssssss.

againstbound

Release date says Q1 2013, so in theory shouldn't be long. Hell, maybe tomorrow!

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

So, I wanna buy a 3ds xl, and maybe in time for that free game deal.

I'm looking into buying a used one, since I can't really see a problem in that. But I was wondering if buying a used one would negate certain features for me. could I still register it as my own and have my account and stuff on it? how does all that jazz work?

Omair

Registration is linked to the serial number, Mike. If you buy it used and the previous owner registered it then you can't. If you can't register it with Club Nintendo then you can't get that free jawn.

mike bautista

I just avoid reading comments on most gamer sites. some of those guys can get pretty dumb.

Omair

Campaign dlc makes me mad though. It's like "why you ain't put that in the game?"

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i just ordered DeadSpace3 and now i'm looking forward to State of Decay. Finally looks like the kind of zombie survival game i've been waiting for.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i just ordered DeadSpace3 and now i'm looking forward to State of Decay. Finally looks like the kind of zombie survival game i've been waiting for.

mike bautista

I beat Tomb Raider. I was expecting an Uncharted clone, but I think I like this one more, maybe. in terms of spectacle and I guess a lot of other things, Uncharted got TR beat, but Tomb Raider shows how much better a game can be with some characters to like. Drake is super charming, but I've never really worried about anyone in those games.

and the first time I heard Lara talk back to the bad guys, it felt so right.

mike bautista

how quick is Dead Space 3? I'm on break and I'm using part of it to catch up on games. Tomb Raider took about 14 hours to beat it with 85%. I feel like if DS3 is that short, I can swing it. otherwise I'll just use the rest of the week to work on stuff.

Abstract Matter

Xbox players - I beat the last boss on Crysis 3 the other day but my Xbox crashed just before the ending. Just be aware haha, I have heard this has happened to other people too.

Omair

Woah, I just realized this guy has a username. ^^^^

I'm abutto play some Super Luigi's Ghost House on my Nintendo 3/3rds.

Omair
mike bautista said:

I beat Tomb Raider. I was expecting an Uncharted clone, but I think I like this one more, maybe. in terms of spectacle and I guess a lot of other things, Uncharted got TR beat, but Tomb Raider shows how much better a game can be with some characters to like. Drake is super charming, but I've never really worried about anyone in those games.

and the first time I heard Lara talk back to the bad guys, it felt so right.

Yeah man, I think the biggest issue I've seen people have with Tomb Raider was that they had a lot of features that didn't necessarily seem like they were needed. Like, the hunting sequence at the beginning, you're like "oh, what?" but then you literally never have to do it again. Also, like Justin said, the upgrade system wasn't really needed. But like, are these even complaints? Just becuase you didn't use those things later, does it mean you enjoyed the game any less? Idk, I guess you could chop that up having shifty artistic direction or something...

I totally loved everything about Tomb Raider. In the end, it just fell through story-wise for me though. The final act was kind of a letdown, i was super hype about witnessing the Oni and stuff, too.

mike bautista

yeah. that part was a bit of a letdown. you only get to fight one dude and a bunch of that stuff didn't really lead anywhere. I was hoping that loss/sacrifice thing was going to play a bigger part in the story, but it just turned out to be nothing.

but that part when you wield two guns. it's like dang, that how that happened.

FlyingMonkeyMan
iPear said:

Woah, I just realized this guy has a username. ^^^^

I'm abutto play some Super Luigi's Ghost House on my Nintendo 3/3rds.

I just got a 3ds XL a little while ago, what do you think of that luigi's mansion game anyway?

jublin
mike bautista said:

but that part when you wield two guns. it's like dang, that how that happened.

I was so sad mad that you didn't get to play with 2 guns after beating the game.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

That game is going to be an instabuy for me when it comes out.

Omair

mitu yo.

Bioshock infinite is out today! Anyone getting it? it's been getting good reviews so far. Metacritic score of 96 right now. I had it preordered, gonna get it later!

mike bautista

I'm probably just gonna run around just to watch her run.

and I'lm gonna rent Bioshock today. looks too good to pass up right now.

againstbound

I do hope Transistor comes to PS3.

Also, Guacamelee is due april 9!

Omair

Bioshock is pretty sexystyle right now. Really digging it.

againstbound

Man, Far Cry 3 was so fucking good. A few minor deatils aside, it gets top marks from me.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

I complete bioshock infinite in a day, wish it was longer, but fuck me sideways what a game. The story was PERFECT. I still prefer the ordiginal for its atmosphere, music and overall story, but they are very very close.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

Dead Space 3 was an astronomical letdown - there was absolutely no need to craft anything else but a plasma cutter and a shotgun.

mike bautista

I planned on being productive for the rest of the week, but I bought FTL and did nothing but play that. it's so good.

Omair

I'm pretty close to finishing Bioshock Infinite. I recommend the fuck out of this game. Sooooo pringles, so frosty, so tasty. Ugh ugh ugh ugh guh guh guh guh.

againstbound

So I finished The Walking Dead last night. It was good and definetly worth playing, but hardly the masterpiece so many epople say it is, in my opinion. I think part of why people rage so much about it is cause it's zombie themed, kinda like with the series.

I also wonder how many of the people trippin balls about it have played Heavy Rain.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!
againstbound said:

Man, Far Cry 3 was so fucking good. A few minor deatils aside, it gets top marks from me.

Looking forward to starting it, just got a last bit of Tomb Raider to do, then I start Far Cry. Picked it up dirt cheap because it was The Lost Expeditions Edition, but pre-owned, so no codes for the extra stuffs.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

Been on Far Cry 3 for a couple of weekends now (only get to play at weekends - it's like being a divorced dad), and really enjoying it. It's funny, but I totally shit myself when I've been grabbed by a shark. I feel like I'm sneaking around the island, being pretty stealthy and listening for cars going past, gunfire etc. Every single time I get grabbed I involuntarily scream, and in-turn make my girlfriend and cat jump! It's a great story so far and I'm looking forward to getting some revenge.

JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Far Cry 3 is truly awesome. One of the few games that totally suprised me this gen, absolutely worth the money.

againstbound

Has anyone played Injustice yet? A firend borrowed t form a friend of his and we played a shitload on the weekend, so good. It's been a while since I've taken a shine to a fighting game, and after the disappointment of PS Battle Royale this might finally get me back into fighting.

againstbound

And man, I'm really looking forward to Hotline Miami on the PSN.

ZebroidZenith

Last night i bought Don't Starve from Steam. I must say, it's VERY addicting....even though i died like 6 times.....:( What are your thoughts on it ?

Omair

I've been playing Injustice, Hector! That game is fireballs. I too, have not been able to get into fighting games in a bit. Too bad I have it on the xbox... :(

My favorite dudes so far are Shazam, Batman, and Deathstroke. It's surprisingly accessible for a fighting game. I've had bad experiences with a lot of current gen fighters, but this is one of the first ones I've really taken a shine to.

againstbound

I'm partial to Flash, Superman, Aquaman and Hawkgirl. I've gotta get my own copy, though!

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 95
  3. 96
  4. 97
  5. 98
  6. 99
  7. 100
  8. 101
  9. 102
  10. 103
No account?