Close
One second...

Videogame blog

This is were I talk to other people about videogames I want, am playing, bought, will be buying, etc.

It'll probably be mostly just Omair and me geeking it up.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 94
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. 97
  6. 98
  7. 99
  8. 100
  9. 101
  10. 102
TheInfamousBaka

Yeah, Ni No Kuni is super rad so far. Loving the Wizard's Companion that came with the Wizard's Edition because you actually need to use that stuff. Another thing I love is the evolution aspect of the familiars, and the fact that there are different branches of the high evolutions that vary in looks and ability.

I'm really excited about the new Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey games coming out for the 3DS, but I'll probably have to wait a bit on those.

iPear

I like that the evolutions also don't stray too much from the original monster. So they mostly stay cute/cool/goofy.

I wish I had the wizard's Edition because i've spent so much time just reading entries in the book. The little fables that are in the beginning are so good!

iPear

It's going for like 429.99 on amazon, fuck.

TheInfamousBaka

Yeah, the price gouging is ridiculous! I pre-ordered it back in August and I'm really glad that I did. They had some on the French Amazon a couple of days ago, but they've probably been snatched up by now.

iPear

Shoot, no wonder I saw Tim Schafer tweet about giving away beard shavings for a copy of Wizard's Edition.

I don't know anything about Etrian Odyssey, is it something I should be interested in?

I'm pretty psyched about FE: Awakening. I played the demo, and it was pretty much the FE that I've come to know but with such a higher production quality. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that story. I heard you could have babies! I love having babies, yo.

TheInfamousBaka

I'm really excited about Fire Emblem too! Honestly, I haven't played too much of the series, but I think this will be a good one to pull me in. I own almost all of them, but SRPGs take so much TIME.

Etrian Odyssey is super awesome. It's a first person dungeon crawler that you map out yourself on the bottom screen. The series has come a long way since the first one (which is the only one I've played through, another 100+ hour per game series) from what I've seen. And it's pretty difficult too, which is always fun. :-)

Ian-S

I didn't play games for ages then I was talked into getting Battlefield 3 so I could go online with some friends. I've got the bug again. I'm eyeing up Boarderlands 2 and Dead Space 3 looks the great. Love the co ops!

Ian-S

PS. Ni No Kuni looks stunning. Not my type of game, but wow. You've got to love Studio Ghibli!

iPear

Borderlands 2 is a greeeaaaaaaaaaat co-op/single player experience, man. If you're into FPSes then it's definitely satisfying on that front. There's so much depth and content in it, it'll definitely keep you occupied for a while.

Dead Space 3 seems too action-y for me. In general, the series is just too grim for me though. I never got past the first one, it's too damn nerve wrecking.

iPear

Borderlands 2 is a greeeaaaaaaaaaat co-op/single player experience, man. If you're into FPSes then it's definitely satisfying on that front. There's so much depth and content in it, it'll definitely keep you occupied for a while.

Dead Space 3 seems too action-y for me. In general, the series is just too grim for me though. I never got past the first one, it's too damn nerve wrecking.

againstbound

Yeah, man, I meant Borderlands 2!

And I've got several friends playing Ni No Kuni right now, you damn jerks tempting me. I've got too much of a backlog to justify getting a new game right now, unless it's on a substantial sale.

iPear

I feel you, guy. I've been fixing for a JRPG for a while, and I'm sort of up Studio Ghibli's butt. I'm sure it'll drop in price in a few months, maybe. Actually, I don't know, it's getting a lot of buzz.

I'm still working on games from 2010 and the new titles have already started rolling out for 2013.

againstbound

Also, Hitman and stuff! I'm enjoying it more than I expected, hell, probably even more than I hoped. It's got some really frustrating sections, but regardless I wanna keep playing. And them pretty graphics.

againstbound

Haha, I know, man, I'm already wating for Metal Gear, Crysis, Dead Space, God of War, The Last of Us and probably a few more I'm forgetting right now.

Plus Ni No Kuni and DMC.

iPear

Yeah man, there's also Far Cry! I haven't even played Assassin's Creed Revalations, and came out a few months ago too!

Hitman looks pretty good, I played a sniping mission from the demo a while back and me and my friends spent like an hour just trying to beat each others scores. So good.

For 3DS owners like myself they're starting to roll out games like Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon X & Y and Project X Zone, frug!

Also, if you have a Wii U, or have thought about buying one (which you probably haven't because they have like NO games) you should follow Rayman: Legends. It's fucking amazing, I played it at Gamestop a few days ago and it almost warrants a purchase for me. I loved rayman origins, but Rayman: Legends is all that and MORE it's so fun playing in tandem with friends when you're using that gamepad. It looks so silky smooth too, them HD graphics.

againstbound

Dude, I do so plan on getting a Wii U, probably later in the year, and Rayman Legends is high priority.

And I already got Far Cry myself, it was on sale about a week or 2 ago, just not sure when I'm getting it, like, in my hands.

Ian-S

Has anyone played Dark Souls? Another one I'm eyeing up. It looks great.

againstbound

DARK SOULS IS THE BEST FUCKING GAME EVER.

But for real it's one of my all-time favorites. I was gonna say to try Demon's Souls first if you have a PS3, but that shit's even harder, so maybe try it if you like Dark Souls.

TheArtistDude

Just played through Shadow of the Colossus. Amazing.

Ian-S

Ok Hector. You've sold me. I'm getting Dark Souls. Besides, I need a break from Battlefield. I'm getting my butt kicked online. I suck at FPS yet still come back for more!

againstbound

So are you playing Dark Souls already?

Ian-S

Not yet man. I've not had a chance to go out and get it. Hopefully this weekend.

iPear

@theArtistDude

SOTC is one of my favorite games of all time! Was it hella inspiring?

staffell

Bad reviews on Dead Space 3:(

mike bautista

Polygon gave it a really good review, and they're tough on everything.

I'm saving judgement till I play it. I am a little skeptic, because a lot of what I hear is in the game doesn't excite me, but remembering that it's out just got me excited.

iPear

Joystiq also gave Deadspace 3 a good review. Metacritic score is 80, but the user scores are pretty low. But then again, users are super fickle, especially when it comes to the 3rd installment of a series.

Deadspace can go from scary to really tedious very quickly. But, I guess that's a quality of survival horror games. But, almost every review I see, negative or positive says that they've dialed down the horror by a lot.

Of course, Game Informer gave it a 98. That's kind of expected by Game Informer since they're one of the game reviewers that's likely being influenced by publishers to inflate their scores. I mean, they're owned by Gamestop after all...

againstbound

As I told Mike my main concern is not that it's a bad game, it's just that they ditched survival in lieu of action. There's a bunch of action games on my queue and lots more coming out this year, but aside from this one the only other survival I can think of is The Last of Us (maybe).

quick-brown-fox
5 designs submitted - Score now!

I read a pretty interesting article the other day about The Last of Us. For any one interested, it's here

TheArtistDude
iPear said:

@theArtistDude

SOTC is one of my favorite games of all time! Was it hella inspiring?

It was inspiring as it was awesome. Towering giants that break the skylines and the many challenges on how to tackle each beast was in itself a great accomplishment.

FlyingMonkeyMan

Alright guys, I am contemplating getting a 3ds. Should I or should I not? The last nintendo anything I had was a gamecube and a gameboy advanced SP, so I would have a nice backlog of stuff to sift through.

mike bautista

I want one too. I prefer the look of the 3ds over the xl, but the xl's matte inside and the buttons and sticks feel so much better on the hands. If they update the regular 3ds with the hardware stuff and feel of the xl, I'd get that. If they don't do that, I'm waiting till better colors come out for the xl. Americans only get red and blue right now.

FlyingMonkeyMan

Color isn't that much of an issue for me, so if I do get it I'll just wing it and get the blue. I was actually surprised that the XL was only $30 more than the regular.

Dan Yingling

You guys. I've reached the Shadow temple in OOT. Started the game Nov. 21 1998. really making some headway.

iPear

I'm proud of you, man. It's never too late to go back to school and get your OOT.

iPear

I've had both the 3DS and the XL. The XL is pretty nice, the screen is huge but the device itself isn't really that big. It's built a lot better than the 3DS. If you have the money spring for the XL.

Jaakie201

Anyone watching the Sony press conference thing tonight? Usually these things are kinda disapointing, but I'm still eager to hear something about the Last Guardian or that new MGS... If it's not all going to be about a next gen console.

againstbound

Even if it's all about the PS4 they better show games. It's hard getting excited about new hardware without games.

againstbound

Also, also, did anyone else got that free PSN money? Saw the article on IGN and immediately went to check and there it was. Made me feel all special and giddy.

TheInfamousBaka

Really hoping for some new info on the Vita, the poor thing is not getting the love it deserves. :-(

mike bautista

I think I might get Sound Shapes with the $10. what else is there?

I wish there were better tech demos for the PS4. watching how many bouncy balls they can fit in a room and how good-looking they can make an FPS game gets mad boring. waste of a conference. "look how nice we can make this shitty game look."

mike bautista

not saying that Killzone is shitty or anything. but like, there's all this new tech and they showcase its potential by showing a game genre that's essentially been the same since the n64. I remember being blown away by graphics when current gen was being teased, but by now are graphics enough to wait in line for a new console?

againstbound

There's lots of suff, depends on what you're looking for. Though Sound Shapes is hardly a bad choice, a bit short but certainly worth the experience, kinda like Journey.

evyc

I just discovered this year, that I enjoy games other than RPG's. So I went and bought Battlefield III, and pre-ordered the new Dead Island. I love the first one.

iPear

the Vita and the Wii U need some games like prontostyle.

TheInfamousBaka

Anybody else playing the new Fire Emblem? It's a breath of fresh air in the strategy RPG genre... I'm really enjoying it! Glad I was able to find a copy since I didn't pre-order.

mike bautista

I want to, but I don't have a 3ds! I know Omair is playing it.

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 94
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. 97
  6. 98
  7. 99
  8. 100
  9. 101
  10. 102
No account?