Close
One second...

365 in Motion. You want to join in?

(I totally missed Jan 1st, but 365 days is 365 days whenever you start, right?)

For the next 365 days I'm going to film 10 seconds of my day. I'm thinking I'll post them all on a tumblr blog because they are beautiful and simple, but maybe flickr. It won't win any international acclaim or expand my creativity drastically (like MSCE did/would), but I want to look at things differently and be able to look back at this year and see all the tiny day to day things I know I'll forget. I'm just going to use the Flip camera I got for the innovation contest, or my mobile, so I'm not talking loads of effort or time.

Does anyone want to join me?
The rules are-
10 seconds/day
No editing
No sound

At the end of it you can make a movie of clips of the whole year- it would be just over an hour long.

Watch this
Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I'd like to. My digi camera captures video but I wouldn't know how to upload it. What format does it need to be in?

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

Tumblr is partnered with Vimeo, and a free account gives you 500MB /week of uploads. Flickr only lets you upload 100MB/month.
They let you upload in pretty much any format as far as I know.
I'm going to trim and mute mine in imovie I think.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Is imovie free?

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

It came on my Mac. I'm sure there's loads of nice free video stuff out there though.

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

If anyone else decides to do it I'll list the links up top in here.

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

Day 2 up. I think I can keep it going for a whole year...

brentendo

two nice vids! I like the blackhole effect lol

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

Thanks. I feel a tad awkward whapping out a camera every so often, but I guess I'll get over that in a year.

brentendo

yeah the reason I do so little photography I'm uncomfortable using a camera in public. I get scared people think I'm a pervert or something lol

might be inclined to get into something like this though. I just don't have the video camera

brentendo

*is because I'm

Nigil

this is such a rocking idea, i might join up here ... we'll see

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

Finished a week now, only 51 to go.

nurtritionalchocolate

id want to so bad, but i dont have anything to record with

lelipod

i wish i'd read about this before! it's a really great idea! so i'll try to join you :)

Fleck
Fleck profile pic Alumni

Do it! I have been sooooo lazy about uploading them recently, but I have them all on file.

No account?