Close
One second...

New Shirts on American Apparel?

Are they?
This one doesn't have those flared sleeves...
Sams one also looked more fitted.
I'm happy if they are.
This is an awesome design btw

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
WallsReallyWork

i think ross did that to make himself look sexier

Probably not. It looks like the excess is puckered under his arms... Lol. He is standing weird, plus his arms are bigish. I hope so though!

Maybe that's his test shirt and it's on AA because the collar does look different!

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

son of a... I told Ross he shouldn't have worn his exclusive AA print for the product shot. Dumb Caju

cshimala

^Canjun

his exclusive AA print
:O ...pretty-boy mother fucker! I want an exclusive AA print! ESPECIALLY if it's this one.

:(

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

"Dumb Caju"

Bless you!

^lol.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

i would like to request threadless print this weeks shirts on several medium guy's AA, then t-shirt gun them over to San Diego and I will do take care of the rest.

thanks guys!

C20Percent

I don't get it...can someone please explain how Threadless benefits from continuing to print guy's shirts on FOTL? I don't care one way or the other, but there seems to be a pretty big movement away from FOTL and this massive craze toward AA.

I don't get it...can someone please explain how Threadless benefits from continuing to print guy's shirts on FOTL?
Cheaper for them to print on and cheaper to sell to us then in return, but I don't get it either... They say they had more returns with AA, but I can't see that either.

jmo9000

membership has it's privileges...damn those privileged threadless bastards!

C20Percent

But everyone's (the consumers) already said that they would pay the extra money to cover the costs to switch from FOTL to AA. Then Moss reveals that Threadless employees can get their prints on AA. That smells like bullshit. Right now, it really seems that Threadless doesn't give a shit what the "community" thinks. I just want some sort of "official" response concerning the FOTL/AA question.

^Blog about it. :)

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

AA is not the only shirt company out there that has nice shirts. If their so worried about raising the price, then use one of the many other brands that are just as nice, but cost less then AA

wolnutz

God damn them, working for a company and recieving benefits! Those Christmas bonuses they give out at the end of the year really piss me off! All the consumers deserve christmas bonuses!

Seriously, though. Maybe they should have all shirts in FoTL and AA. And people who want the cheaper one can go with FoTL, and the people who are willing the shell out a few more bucks can do so. I don't see how that hurts either side.

wolnutz

(the sarcastic remark was to C20, btw)

AA is not the only shirt company out there that has nice shirts. If their so worried about raising the price, then use one of the many other brands that are just as nice, but cost less then AA
Yea, but threadless get their shirts from that Chicago prints company... They probably only offer AA and FOTL etc.

cshimala

anyone in our customer service/returns department will tell you they hate AA and dread the day we make a full switch to them.

"Moss reveals that Threadless employees can get their prints on AA." only Ross and I have done this a few times because we actually spend alot of time there.

wolnutz

The day, Shimama? Is it coming eventually?

Mo$$
Mo$$ profile pic Alumni

I got one of these on AA. Booya.

Still, it rocks on FOTL too.

C20Percent

Is the FOTL PRODUCT better than the AA PRODUCT? If Threadless tells me that the FOTL PRODUCT is better, then I will take there word for it.

UberRyan

i personally hate AA, and unless shipping price drops, i will not purchase designs on this brand

anyone in our customer service/returns department will tell you they hate AA and dread the day we make a full switch to them.
Why though. Who would return such awesome quality shirts? I'm sure that was before... Look how poorly those polos and undies etc sold before, then look how hugely successful hoodies were. I think if you at least give the change a go and test it out, it would totally pay off. I think you guys are too cautious and don't want to take risks.

arzie13
arzie13 profile pic Alumni

and it is also cause craig and I have elonagted stretched out body's that AA's fit better. I really apologize for confusing anybody and promise that the shirts looks just as impressive on the FotL.

C20Percent

But if I can get the same design on a better product without a massive price increase, then I believe everyone would rather do that.

wolnutz

Psst, 5115. Threadless started out on AA tees. Then they went to FoTL for customer assurance.

^My comments keep getting cut off! >:(

Anyways. You tried selling different products before, it didn't work well; you tried again with hoodies and it took off! You tried them (AA) before when threadless was a baby, try it again. PLEASE!

cshimala

Threadless doesn't give a shit what the "community" thinks.

You're crazy... our biggest concern with switching to another brand is the community. You can't just up and switch what you print on over night when you're selling 70,000+ a month. We've been trying different things and putting a lot of research into this.

psst, 5115. Threadless started out on AA tees. Then they went to FoTL for customer assurance.
Thanks, I know.

selling 70,000+ a month
That's over a million a month, and thats only if your selling guy shirts. :o

benny breaks

5115 don't be retarded you can't compare hoodies to another type of clothing

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

70,000 shirts a month x price of shirts each = DAYUM!

C20Percent

Just concerning the AA/FOTL question. This is the first time I've seen Threadless acutally respond to this concern. I also said that if you tell me that FOTL is a better product that I would take your word for it.

spires
spires profile pic Alumni

Please, don't ever switch to 100% heavyweight cotton.

My ideal would be a 50/50 fitted for mens.

5115 don't be retarded you can't compare hoodies to another type of clothing
How so?! I guarentee that there's more need for panties in the world than hoodies...

I would take your word for it.
^I don't know if my word counts or not, but you'd better be built as hell if you want your arm and neek sleeves of the FOTL to fit right...

spires
spires profile pic Alumni

^^I wear girl's because they fit right my body. I'm thin. I don't like having much extra cloth hanging around.

C20Percent

See Looser, that's the first time I've ever heard a female voice her concern about loose threads on AA. Usually that concern comes from guys refering to FOTL. That's probably one of the reasons that many guys want to try/go back to AA.

P.s. My neck fits fine, but the sleeves do flare a little.
P.p.s. How tall are you Ross? Your body doesn't look that elongated. (Not like Craig's).

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

I'm coming to Chicago to bestfriend all of the threadless staff so I can sneak away with my own AA shirts.

see you tomorrow guys. I'll bring the fruit salad.

simster214

I wear girl's because they fit right my body. I'm thin. I don't like having much extra cloth hanging around.

^WHAT SIZE DO YOU GET?! :O HOW TALL ARE YOU!?

I'm afraid to buy girls because I'm kinda tall have wide shoulders and the XL is like 3in shorter than M in guys.. :( I'm skinner than hell though, so no problem there. I just don't want the shirts to be skin suckingly tight. Help spires.

WallsReallyWork

a lot of my FOTL shirts fall apart.

and i dont see why it has to be only one of those. either get a fitted 50/50 or a cheaper 100% thats fitted as well, theres plenty other companies. i really hate FOTL, and i guess AA falls apart, so lets do something different

shondi

Girly shirts are a nightmare for us. We figured they have a margin of error in size +/- 2 inches - which is absurd! The biggest problems are in the sewing quality. Shirts are twisted, hems fall out a lot, sometimes the sleeve isn't sewn on at all. We've had issues where they actually put a different color neck on the shirt (this happens with the baby blue vs light blue). We had talked with them about increasing our orders, and they said we can actually pay more to add another quality control step to their process. They admitted they suck in that department. We see a ridiculous amount of returns on girly shirts. We had even higher percentage of returns with the hoodies. It made no sense that their 2XL was shorter than the XL. They don't cater at all to larger people or even women (there's no chance that 80% of women fit into a m/os as they used to claim).

If Threadless went to only AA, we'd have to hire more customer service people to just handle the complaints and returns of defective merchandise. Or hire people to inspect every shirt. ARGH in either case!

Plus the owner is a jerkball! Silly little pervert!

shondi

We have been looking into many many other options. But we haven't found a company that can handle us in volume and has a good selection of colors and no horrendous lead time.

We figured they have a margin of error in size +/- 2 inches - which is absurd! The biggest problems are in the sewing quality. Shirts are twisted, hems fall out a lot, sometimes the sleeve isn't sewn on at all. We've had issues where they actually put a different color neck on the shirt (this happens with the baby blue vs light blue). We had talked with them about increasing our orders, and they said we can actually pay more to add another quality control step to their process. They admitted they suck in that department.
In my limited experiance though, I've never had a problem with them (infact, fewer probs with AA than FOTL, but then again I'm not going through 50,000 of them a day like you all. So I guess SWEAT SHOPS aren't a bad thing then if quality is better... Lol.

rholliday

C20Percent on Jun 26 '06 at 2:04pm
Just concerning the AA/FOTL question. This is the first time I've seen Threadless acutally respond to this concern.

See Looser, that's the first time I've ever heard a female voice her concern about loose threads on AA.

I'm not sure how long or hard you've been looking, but this discussion has been had and those statements been made repeatedly. The staff has consistently defended their position on this every step of the way, and they listen very closely to consumer opinion. (Which is not just blogger opinion, btw. Do you see 70,000+ bloggers?)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us