Chase ad Infinitum

Yeah i thought this is a cool idea but i dunno it seems a bit plain to me.

What should I do with it?

Watch this
drwhofreak
drwhofreak profile pic Alumni

JeremyEllsworth

I like the idea. What if you showed a few of the dashes actually being cut?

cscottdraw

I think he means like as if the shirt were being cut along the dotted lines

I would also add some color

cute concept though!

drwhofreak

coloured version! do you like the colours?

cscottdraw

well you can do a few things... leave it simple as is, submit, see what happens.... you can still keep it simple but make it a three color design (on white/grey/tan/blue shirt) with black like on v1 only give the bee some yellow stripes... you can make it more dimensional by having the scissors actually "cut" into the shirt... you can do even more by shading your elements and making the bee more real looking...

I think anything you do or dont do the concept will still be cool, it just depends on how simple you want to keep the design

Tasmem

make the shape Scissor soft like the bee :)
check mine

Hannelore Reynders

It would be cool if the dotted line wrapped around the shirt, more chaotic.

If you have the time, I would love it if you'd take a look at my critiques

Luars

I don´t know if the problem is the colour. Maybe exchange colours will give u just some variety but will not increase the draw. I think this is really nice and u should submit it cause there is not so many things u can do without it became another design.... good luck !

benteh

I like it the way it is (now). If you should go more detailed, you could do that in another version. It is a very strong, simple and visual idea.

drwhofreak

threadless told me this needed more work before thy'd accept it (even though it is far improved from the previous version) so please let rip! do the colours need changing? simplifying so its al one colour? does the design/layout need changing? should i change the size of the constituent parts? anything else? i'm really proud of this idea and i do think that it could be a winner so please give me some concrit :)

brittney.jh

hmmmm, I really don't know. They really said the green version needed improvement? Because I like the simple version better. Maybe make the bee (in the green version) only semi-cartoony?

Good luck! Please vote for mine!

silverhare
silverhare profile pic Alumni

Hmm, tough one. I think my first instinct is to say that the layout was better when it wasn't an infinity sign. Personal opinion only, I thought it was funnier when the scissors were chasing the bee-trail rather than a more serious "eternal cycle" statement. I like the cartoony drawing and the realistic drawings equally well for now. There is a bit of Pac-Man reference in there if you wanted to allude to it, but that could go wrong, depending. It's a fun idea and I hope you can get it up for scoring eventually.

drwhofreak

took it back to the original winding layout. what do you think? does the line need to be longer and more winding, or is it okay? should i go back to the infinity sign? should i keep it black on white or should i go back to blue on grey or blue on white? maybe it should be white on black? should i investigate the possibility of it being a wraparound tee, so the trail goes on the back of the shirt as well? anything i should add to it?

No account?
Join Us