Close
One second...

Leaving the Comfort Zone

Much like this little creature leaving the security of his alien home, I'm leaving my comfort zone with this design-

that is, my comfort zone for what may be expected of my submissions at threadless....but in reality, I am just being myself- creating a design that is probably truer to my personal art and lifetime of doodles than I have ever submitted here before.

and that's the trend in 2010 that I hope us designers will take- getting away from what has become their expected approaches, obvious jokes or gimmicks, and creating designs that are more personal and organic.

a larger detailed view can be seen on my flickr profile here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2771/4305499584_95f26072aa_o.jpg

the background grid is optional, and fades into the shirt.

the gradients shown would be printed in the simulated process, using small halftones or similar. can also be printed on dark blue, brown, purple and other dark colors.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
travis76

Much like this little creature leaving the security of his alien home, I'm leaving my comfort zone with this design-
that is, my comfort zone for what may be expected of my submissions at threadless....but in reality, I am just being myself- creating a design that is probably truer to my personal art and lifetime of doodles than I have ever submitted here before.

and that's the trend in 2010 that I hope us designers will take- getting away from what has become their expected approaches, obvious jokes or gimmicks, and creating designs that are more personal and organic.

a larger detailed view can be seen on my flickr profile here:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2771/4305499584_95f26072aa_o.jpg

the background grid is optional, and fades into the shirt.
the gradients shown would be printed in the simulated process, using small halftones or similar. can also be printed on dark blue, brown, purple and other dark colors.

YaaH

3$

FRICKINAWESOME

Loving the upside-down-right-side-up crystal city-ship of blobby things man. Really cool piece and like you said, awesome literal and symbolic leaving of your comfortable habitat.

feikudisigns

wow, i really like this abtract piece of architecture and color, and btw is it done on a 3d program.

i also really agree with your trend. good job ! wud def wear this

4$$ (not so sure about the grid)

teex

very cool! like the black creatures:)

paok

heheh

jamesf

nicely done!

murraymullet

Incredible illustration!

travis76

feikudisigns - it was all done improvised in illustrator.
the broken, faded grid actually works better on the tee as opposed to this squared template- but i can take it or leave it. it was meant to imply they live in some strange little dimension of their own :)
thank everybody!

pickupRINGO

wow wow wow!!
this its so great

5$!!

melanies felony

I really love this. I think the grid should be kept $5

ndstillie

really nice.

C86

nice one travis... i'm all for trusting in what you do and submitting things that reflect your personal work

and since it reminds me of an old arcade game fave of mine, crystal castles, it's a 5$ from me!

davidfromdallas

not so sure about the grid

The grid is great. I hope you know how much I love this - such a great departure from your traditional work. $5

beOrangeDesign

Wow fantastic abstract design!

soloyo-collabs

very unique in it's awesomeness
5$

dacat

Love the architectural goodness, colors AND the grid is great. $5

bennyd302

love this. the expression given off from the simple creatures is really great.

EN AJUSTES

I like the concept about doing something unexpected.
And I love this shirt: $5!

wotto

awesome

PrincessPoochie

They're cuties... but I miss the pink too.

TheW

fantastic. loooove.

jess4002

YES! 5$

aled

Love this - great job. Very Escher-esque.

yetitutu

love it!

childmirror

Nice work man!!!!....

dschwen

Sweeeeet!

Ciava

love the 3d look

ecelsiore

Really awesome work!

Arrow08

Nice!

nasmo

Oh I like this very much, yes I do.

Spieliewielie

Love it!

Reminds me of one of my fav designers. He recently does alot of 3d/american projection like buildings alongside his more cliché illustrations. his flickr

$5

travis76

ha! he's already a flickr buddy!

mreisel

Very nice!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?