Close
One second...

2010 - Year of the Tiger

• by Sibos
  • posted Jan 19, 2010
  • 24 Comments

This is my design so far for the "Threadless Loves Threadless 2K10. It features the calendar, represented without words, letters, or numbers. Plus, since it's the year of the Tiger, I've added a drawing in the background. At the bottom are other shirt color options.

Please let me know what you think of this concept, how it represents the year, and what you think about ink colors, shirts, and the design itself. Since it needs to be in by the end of the month, this will probably be the only pre-submission version I'll be doing, but say anything you want and tomorrow or the next day I'll be trying to finalize the shirt.

Thanks, and I'll comment on your critiques or submissions. Good luck!

Watch this
Sibos

This is my design so far for the "Threadless Loves Threadless 2K10. It features the calendar, represented without words, letters, or numbers. Plus, since it's the year of the Tiger, I've added a drawing in the background. At the bottom are other shirt color options.

Please let me know what you think of this concept, how it represents the year, and what you think about ink colors, shirts, and the design itself. Since it needs to be in by the end of the month, this will probably be the only pre-submission version I'll be doing, but say anything you want and tomorrow or the next day I'll be trying to finalize the shirt.

Thanks, and I'll comment on your critiques or submissions. Good luck!

Cheap Sunset

Why not try places them differently then straight across the shirt and covering the face of the tiger. It might be a bit confusing to some people

EnviousMoon

Thanks for the comment. :)

I really like the concept. I think the only thing I'd change, is maybe adding an empty line on the shorter months so that all of the boxes are the same height.

Kind of almost looks like this. :)

hm087ster

I like the idea of keeping the Tee orange for the tiger. Edges of it looks rough, make it look slick and uniformize(?) the two different designs.

Edmons

yeah, I would also change the placement of calendars fro straight line to random spots.

and putting them on tigers eyes kinda make me think that the tiger is a criminal :D so maybe that also needs some change :)

thegoodpope
thegoodpope profile pic Alumni

Sorry, but I don't see this doing well at all.
The challenge is "CREATE THE NEW TREND."

But don't give up... You still have 12 days!

Sibos

New version, NOW IN 3-D!!!

You guys were right that the concept was, shall we say, loose. So after thinking about what people seem to believe the next big tech game changer at CES, I went with a 3-D theme.

Let me know what you think; again, I have to get it in before the end of the month, so we'll see. how much more work it gets to it.

Thanks!

Thorlim

The only thing I can think of is for you to increase the opacity of the tiger itself, as the calendar bits overlap it very strongly. Other than that, great.

silverfox17x

or you could lower the opacity of the calenders. I think the tiger should be more in front cuz it's the main focus. The calenders should just be a background kinda thing

terksvin24

its okay but try more clear on the image

Amphigory.E

i like this version better, but i would also say flesh out the tiger more, and maybe take away from of the saturation of the calendars. otherwise, i love it. i think it's clever.

Sibos

Okay, quick update from the previous version. The only change is that V2 the tiger was at 50%, and this is 75%. In both cases, the tiger is over the calendar stuff, but I saw a few of you think I should reconsider the calendar completely, so maybe the next version will also show that.

Thank you very much for your comments, keep them coming!

Ozie

Hi Sibos, thanks for commenting on my design. I like yours. I like the tilt in the calender as apposed to previous attempts. Good luck in the competion!

cscottdraw

I like v1 better, but all in all I dont know if I would want a shirt with a calender on it

jimbolic

Has this been submitted?

No account?