Close
One second...

Fashion Identity

• by dontcare
  • posted Jan 01, 2010
  • 18 Comments

In this design I've tried to depict what threadless means or stands for "Individualism through clothing". Showing through symbols the creative process and building something as unique as DNA, the only way to represent all of this, including the t-shirt concept and a little of irony (thread-less) was an overlock sewing machine. If you look closely you´ll realize that the symbols close to the threads are more inspirational, and the ones close to the dna are more like frustration symbols (a deadline, a gun, an angel, 2 bombs, a cofin) that implies going back to the beginning.

I hope you like it, please comment :D

Watch this
dontcare

In this design I've tried to depict what threadless means or stands for "Individualism through clothing". Showing through symbols the creative process and building something as unique as DNA, the only way to represent all of this, including the t-shirt concept and a little of irony (thread-less) was an overlock sewing machine. If you look closely you´ll realize that the symbols close to the threads are more inspirational, and the ones close to the dna are more like frustration symbols (a deadline, a gun, an angel, 2 bombs, a cofin) that implies going back to the beginning.
I hope you like it, please comment :D

Mr. Honest

I wish you did the symbols yourself
not just used a font

Lindini

I don't get it? =/

Zenith123

it's a really sweet concept, I totally love that the thread makes up the DNA strand, that's so cool. overall the design it too busy for a T-shirt.

dontcare

Mr. Honest:
Actually just a part of the symbols are from a font (the ones in the top). But I understand what you're saying.
Everybody:
About the design being too busy, I think that the problem was the use of black, and maybe a lighter color (gray) could help.

thanks for your comments

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

less is more

marksylvercastillo

this is great, but not for a shirt. the black contrast with the white objects would just make it a bit cluttered and blurry from a room's distance. However if this were to be for a print, i would def buy it. i would enlarge this and put it on my wall in the office.

ladyV

I love your ideas behind the design and the whole concept, but I actually think there are too many ideas incorporated in only one design and one shirt. It becomes a bit overwhelming and loses it's ability to give that instant "wow" first response.
Furthermore, I think the illustration also needs work (the straight DNA strand turning 90degrees could be more curvy, the sewing machine and threads on top need a more appealing design)

felipainters

Great composition, good luck

Krolsoul

I'ts got a lot going on and moving in many different directions....

Diego_Bedoya

great variety of elements, nice work

Shan23

love the concept
love the current colours
but i too think it's a little too busy- a number of the symbols are replicates from the same family (lots of different shoes for eg)
nice work

dontcare

HEY, there's still something missing explanation.. there are 5 colors, in case you remember the time when threadless design was limited to 5 colors.

Thanks for the comments,
Shan23: thanks for taking the time to notice that
Everyone else, I think tou're al agree in one thing, too much symbols, but I think that can be fixed, :D

elewiezen

colors to harsh...but i like the idea...

twotimestee

I understand and love the concept, but if you have to explain it over and over again, I dont think it will read well. I would try revisiting it; toning down the icons and simplying the thread lines might help clarify and lessen the clutter.

Dhooks

Great Work!!! 4$

No account?
Join Us