Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
littleredpiano

a small illustration inspired by breakfast at tiffanies

Fonus

Hey, it looks like you!
I'm really impressed by the 'shoe' effect. Good work.
No suggestions for improvement. sorry.

littleredpiano

aw! thanks... haha i wasn't going for a self portrait... :/ i do find it humorous that i have two "please please don't submit this" and two "woo!! go ahead" — i voted for your submissions today — i really dig your work!

Fonus

it is mutual.

BrewDog

Couple things I suppose:
-I do like the single color, however I'm curious how it looks with different colors for the different girls.
-The design looks a little large on the shirt, I do like that it's long and fills it up, but maybe just a touch big
-I like the minimalist treatment of the left hand/shoulder region, but feel like there's too much white space there still. Not sure what to add, but even one small line might make a difference.

BrewDog

Oh yes! Thanks for commenting our critique! Do come back and check for changes!

littleredpiano

i have tried it in different colors and it really confuses the eye... i agree on a smaller representation and i'll definitely play with the line work :) thank you!

littleredpiano

a small illustration inspired by breakfast at tiffanys

littleredpiano

new color palette! multiple color combination... smaller woman in the center... a small definition line on the arm... and then a final "girls, girls, girls" concept — what do you think!?!

Fonus

I like the black-blue and the three gray ones.

amplifiedsoul

I like the pink design but im not sure abouts its placement on a gray shirt. have you tried other colours for the shirt?

I like the design but i feel like there is too much white space in the way its placed... have you bringing the smaller images across the shirt as opposed to all in the one place?

MR Productions

I like the pink and white, the blue and black would also be nice but you should do without the white in that scheme.. two colors fits best or it gets distracting..

Help me make my sub better too!
Critique my latest Clack-Clack

Brezhnev

I like black/blue colors. But maby add some details on design...

threeredhens

what if you removed the belts? it is a little distracting. in general i prefer the three ladies one, something about the horizontal aspect of the image.

scmonteagudo

i lik the blue and black. Has a nice contrast to the image.

Nokhodi

I like the repetition of the image and the illusion that it creates, however I don't quit see the point yet.

caygfry

can see it much better! and i like the placement on the shirt. Good work

byrneunit

all sorts of hearting the changes this has gone through to make it to RADITUDE

scmonteagudo

Great work on changes. It really came together well from the prior versions.

littleredpiano

thanks! how do i submit from here? i tried and i got this response "Hello katharine bobbitt,

Regarding: 'girls girls girls'

Unfortunately, your submission was declined.

The Threadless staff has provided the following reason to decline your submission:

image error
"

Bonneroo

First off, love the design, second:

Did you submit as a .png directly from the critique? I did that on my Distracted design and got the same error. Try resubmitting without the critique and save your image as a JPG (if you haven't already). I know that worked for me.

threeredhens

love the new incarnation! :-)

littleredpiano

thank you!! i did what you suggested and it went through :) thank you for your help!

Shucolat

this is much better than the first version :)

poortomato

Great work, this is a huge improvement!

MR Productions

This is AWESOME!
Great way to pull it all together!!
Let us know when it's up so we can give it mega 5$$

Woot!!

p.s. i just posted V2 of my critique!
Help me make mine better too!
Throw a critique my way.
Clack-Clack is my latest design!

YaaH

cute ;D

littleredpiano

aw, hey guys — it got declined — they sent me this:

The Threadless staff has provided the following reason to decline your submission:

We want every design submitted to Threadless to have the best possible chance at being chosen for print. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot. We have a feature called "Critique" on Threadless.com that allows you to have your design critiqued before you submit it for approval. By using the "Critique" feature as a pre-submission tool, you can let the community help get your submission up to par. We're certain this will help you improve your design! Check out the "Critique" feature at: http://www.threadless.com/submit/critique.

so! still going to work on it! stay tuned :)

caygfry

Keep Moving Forward! :o)

I loved the design, and I would def. buy it

threeredhens

looking forward to what you cook up! :-) is this based on a photo? maybe a little more detail/texture?

i finally got a new version up too, would you take a peek? :-)

Fonus

Strange reason for decline, concidering what comes through occasionally. Keep pushing.
Tweak the colours and try again.

my critique

DollGrin

looks awesome, the only thing I can suggest is showing the left arms of the black skinned models. It looks a little off because of it. Great work, keep it up.

MR Productions

Boo on threadless!
Apparently they don't check their own crit section..

Hmm, so to make it better, I would say...
..gosh, I dunno, perhaps background - some stores, a little shopping.. :-/

..Also, Version 4 of my critique Clack-Clack is up!!
This is really getting close to where it should be,
but I still need your help!
Throw a critique my way.
:)

littleredpiano

thanks, i just voted on yours ! :)

SoulieBaby

looks great, although i prefer the version before, but this looks good too :)

littleredpiano

yeah :( but they sent it back (the last one)

Fonus

The artwork here is absolutely beautiful.
I have no new ideas for improvements, sorry.

littleredpiano

i just submitted this fingers crossed!

Fonus

Good luck.

littleredpiano

sorry kids!!

Regarding: 'she's got sass'

Unfortunately, your submission was declined.

We want every design submitted to Threadless to have the best possible chance at being chosen for print. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot. We have a feature called "Critique" on Threadless.com that allows you to have your design critiqued before you submit it for approval. By using the "Critique" feature as a pre-submission tool, you can let the community help get your submission up to par. We're certain this will help you improve your design! Check out the "Critique" feature at: http://www.threadless.com/submit/critique.

We hate declining submissions! We hope you take these decline reasons to heart and use them to rework your submission and resubmit! We're looking forward to it... good luck!

it was declined. :(

andreicaruntu

nice , i liked
congratulations

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?