Close
One second...

On the origin of Pokemon. LAST DAY! PLEASE VOTE!

Pallet Town, England, 1831 - A young naturalist named Charles Darwin sets sail on a five year voyage of discovery to lands great and unknown. Always a keen observer and ardent collector, Darwin delighted at the strange, wonderful, and pugnacious creatures he discovered. As his collections grew, he noticed that certain creatures bore marked similarities to certain others, and he began wondering how such new creatures came into existence. Upon his return, Darwin spent decades writing, researching, and collecting; expanding his ideas into a theory which he finally presented to the Cerulean Zoological Society and published in the momentous and influential manuscript: On the Origin of Species of Small Fighting Monster by Means of Repeated Combat, or the Acquisition of Novel Forms in the Struggle to Collect them All.
The world was forever changed.

This year we celebrate the 200th birthday of the world’s greatest naturalist, and on November 24th, the 150th anniversary of his greatest work.

Not only did he catch them all, but he discovered the process by which they came to be.

A portrait of a master by Santo76 and Bio-bot 9000

P.S. Check out the process by which this all came together!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
EricDiaz

wow! I could totally see this being printed...

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

You just created my favorite shirt on Threadless, period. I am not exaggerating in the slightest.

I never, ever buy shirts anymore but I honestly guarantee you if this prints, I will buy it.

EN AJUSTES

Great work, guys.
I love the color work, and the idea is hilarious.
Congrats!

Alex1412

So Cool!

Omair

-iPear seal of approval-

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Thanks y'all! It was a real pleasure working with Santiago.

I had you in mind all along, Omair.

Bio-bot 9000

but don't you mean seel of approval?

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

hahaha guys, such good stuff! Love the three skulls on the top shelf!

Bio-bot 9000

Darwin studied under Professor Samuel Oak at Cambridge.

marblecargirl

Hahaha, that is so clever and extremely well executed. I'd actually really love that as a print. I would put it on my wall straight away!

Omair

lololol

stubby43

This is everything I want in a tee shirt.

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

This is fantastic. I echo what olie said.

stubby43

I never, ever buy shirts anymore but I honestly guarantee you if this prints, I will buy it.

If it doesnt print just print it yourself and i will buy it.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

this is fantastic...I am working on a pokemon design too, but nothing as awesome as this.

Noh_Body
Noh_Body profile pic Alumni

Brilliant Boys!!!

spacesick 2

haha. awesome work, dudes!

davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

Good call, stubby. It has been dug, fbooked, and tweeted. :)

stubby43

p.s I'm totally not going to watch the pokemon movie tonight...

mgill52

soooo good

stubby43

image fail:

<div><div>MovieWeb - Movie Photos, Videos & More</div></div>

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

why i can't see it when i click??? :(

stubby43

really? it works perfectly for me?

have you got the latest flash downloaded?

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

yep!
plus refreshed a zillioon times, tried to reach form every ink i could find (blogs page of biobot, your link, digg link ) and nothing...uhm...
well...maybe some stupid internet failure on my side..i'll check it tomorrow!
i bet it's awesome dueing to all comments so far :)

stubby43

You might be disapointed, its really well drawn design and a great idea but I think its the fact that its pokemon is the reason were all like whoa! because a lot of us grew up watching the show, playing the games and collecting the cards.

Speaking from a personal experience it was a big part of my life for several years and I still love to nerd out on it every now and again.

If you didnt grow up with it, it might not have the same wow factor.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

words can't describe how incredible this is

Kim456

genius! Awesome collab guys!

Bio-bot 9000

in addition to describing the subtle variations in shell structure of different island populations of Blastoise, Darwin produced several lesser known works, including "On the Movement and Habit of Fighting Plants", "The Various Contrivances by which Vileplumes are Fertilized by Venomoths", "The Formation of Vegetable Mould, through the Actions of Trios of Worms, with Observations on Their Diggling", and "Monograph of the Fossil Kabutopsidae"

stubby43

I love the text almost as much as I love the design.

Maybe you should make a comment on how Darwins work was initally rejected for not fitting with the religous explanation of how life was created.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

OH MAN I JUST NOTICED HE HAS ALL THE GYM BADGES ON HIS COAT OH FUCK THIS IS SO PERFECT

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

oh. my. fucking god.

this is amazing

Krimson
Krimson profile pic Alumni

This is so fantastically epic. It is guaranteed awesome.

Pakpandir
Pakpandir profile pic Alumni

OMG. Great collab and great work guys! PRINT PRINT PRINT. U got my absolute 5 on this

walmazan
walmazan profile pic Alumni

guy! its amazing, great collab!

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

pokeman! pokeman!

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Man, that's pretty sweet! And that's cming from a guy who hates pokemon, presentation is excellent as well.

stubby43

againstbound on Nov 21 '09 at 6:38pm Man, that's pretty sweet! And that's cming from a guy who hates pokemon, presentation is excellent as well.

that is probably the biggest compliment you will get.

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

Man, that's pretty sweet! And that's cming from a guy who hates pokemon, presentation is excellent as well.

Bio-bot 9000

Alfred Russell Wallace developed the same conclusions as Darwin while studying Digital Monsters on the other side of the world.

History has largely forgotten Wallace.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

This is so beyond fantastic

instaprint.

Johnny Baboon
Johnny Baboon profile pic Alumni

that's a fricken print

rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

againstbound on Nov 21 '09 at 6:38pm Man, that's pretty sweet! And that's cming from a guy who hates pokemon, presentation is excellent as well.

I don't hate Pokemon cuz I never saw a single episode. I didnt grow up with it. But everything Santo76 does is AMAZING. And the concept is brilliant. Great work dudes, this is a homerun! :)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

What others said, I watched a little Pokemon as a kid but was never obbssessed over it, it's just that this is such a brilliant mashup of pop culture with a historical figure in such a unique yet completely cohesive way. SOOO many small details and awesome touches here, i love the geek-out pile-on of this one!

You ARE submitting this to Emptees right? Also, I'd love to see a process blog on this design...how you presented the idea to Santo, how it came along...I'm interested in how other non-illo collabers work with artists...

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

You know how once in a while there is that design that you just look at and you know you'll wear it one day?

This is one of those designs!

angelatag

oh. my. gosh.

if there was no limit on how much you can $ a design, i would $ this over and over and over again.

i love the togepi shell in the corner, and how he is holding the pokeball as if it is the most natural thing in the world!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us