Close
One second...

Just a question

Which do you find more scary - Philosophy or Serial Killers?
I personally find serial killers much more interesting, and frankly philosophy terrifies me. I mean, I don't like the idea that I might not exist, where as serial killers only go around killing people, they don't present the concept that maybe this whole world is just a dream, or nothing is real.
So therefore, philosophy makes me want to scream. Maybe I'm too concrete, but there it is.

Watch this
Stevethegreat

philosophy is just silly people talking about things that they can't change anyway

it annoys me more than scares me

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

the problem with this is that not all philosophy argues that we dont actually exist .. where as all serial killers are killers .... hence much more detrimental to you than thinking

alexxcore

call me crazy, but i find philosophy more appealing.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

Serial killers are scarier because they can kill me. Philosophy is interesting, and serial killers can be interesting psychologically. But I prefer philosophy.

juliejeremiah

Hey have you ever seen the movie "Waking Life"? You should check it out, sorta explores the question of whether we're sleep-walking through our waking state or wake-walking through our dreams. Pretty crazy to watch.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

That movie rocks

glloeb

What if we're all just brains in a vat.. Or what if I'm the only brain, and you guys are all just robots. Or maybe I'm just a brain in a vat hooked up to a computer that is telling me you exist. Maybe the computer is making me think this. Maybe I am a computer. OMFG. I'm not even alive. /suicide.

ludicrous louisa

^ you just made me scared. You should watch Ghost in the Shell Innocence. It rocks so bad. I loved it even though it had quite a philosophical edge. And there's plenty of killing in it. A fusion!

killerxpanda

Serial killers are interesting. If someone was to look at my book collection they'd think I was a freak. I'm probably on some government list somewhere because I buy so many books on them haha.

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

I don't find either one of them scary. Serial killers probably only kill .0000000000001% of all people killed, the chances of me dying to a serial killer are pretty small. Philosophy is just a bunch of douches trying to sound smart.
And this blog is pointless...

killerxpanda

Actually haha. When I read one of my books I was freaked out to read that, 1 out of every like 1000 people is killed by a serial killer. I don't remember the exact number, but it wasn't as outrageous as people would think. There are a lot of them out there, that we probably don't know about because people can't string the murders together.

ludicrous louisa

Serial killers are probably one of my number one wikipedia searches. Learn about what you fear!

No account?
Join Us