Close
One second...

How should I give away my $1275.24 Threadless GC? DONE! It's a wrap!

It's A Wrap! | December 18, 2009. Thank you to everyone who participated in my holiday giveaways. Congrats to all the tee, print and STP winners! Happy holidays, everyone. It's been a fantastic 2009.
• $500 worth of tees is going to a charity.
• $775.24 was used on the Threadless community = 44 tees and 3 art prints.
• $141 worth of STPs was given out.

Giveaway #1! - Send me an email!
Giveaway #2! - Score 20 Threadless designs!
Giveaway #3! - A Threadless Scavenger Hunt!
Giveaway #4! - Mystery Pic!
Giveaway #5! - Mystery Pic!

The Short Version | When the Threadless Holiday sale launches, I have a $1275.24 Threadless gift certificate that I want to spend. Not on me. On you guys. One tee or print per person until my GC runs out. But, I don't know how I should do it. A random draw? The first 65-85 people to email me? To comment on a blog? To ring my doorbell? I want this to be easy, fair and simple and I would love to hear your suggestions/thoughts. How should I give away my Threadless GC?

The Long Version | Over the past couple of years, I've been saving up my Threadless gift certificates. These gift certificates have been from contests/giveaways on blogs, websites...from Threadless such as Spoiler Alert, RJSFPCF...from the Threadless community...and from my two TypeTees. I've been asking Threadless to combine my gift certificates and right now, I have a $1275.24 GC sitting around. The Threadless Holiday Sale will begin in a few weeks and I think it's the perfect time to use it. I made up my mind when I saw that gift certificates expire five years from the issue date, which means my GC can't sit around forever. I am aware that I could sell the GC...or go on a huge shopping spree...or buy tees and put them on eBay...or get something from Naked & Angry...etc, etc, etc...but I love the Threadless community and I want to spend it on you guys. 2009 has been a pretty interesting year for me at Threadless and it makes sense to spend it now. During the sale, you guys can pick a $5 tee, a $10 tee or a print. So, I'll be able to give a free tee/print to ~65-85 people depending on where it's shipped to, how many people choose a $5 or a $10 tee, etc. I think there'll be $5 tees during the sale, but if not, that's okay too. How should I give away my GC? Or, in other words, how should I "choose" who gets a free tee or print?

At the moment | I'm thinking of making a blog on the first day of the sale and I don't know...the first 35 people to email me will get a free tee/print? Then, the next Monday or Tuesday, I'll make another blog and people can email me what they want until my GC runs out? There are a few things that I don't like about this method and that's why I want to hear your suggestions/thoughts.

StreetTeam points | As for StreetTeam points, I'm going to STP the people in Becca's Never Been STPd? (list of STP virgins) blog, STP a handful of people from Kelsi's STP Underdogs / Unsung Heroes blog and then I'll see from there. I'll probably make a list of people and use RANDOM.ORG.

Secret Santa 2009 | If you're participating in Secret Santa 2009 and you do win a free tee/print from me...err, maybe try to pick a new tee that launches during the sale or a tee that wasn't in your SS email/survey. I don't want your SS to get you the tee you want and then I send you the same tee! ;)

Deck the Halls | with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
ir0cko

you are too nice, jess!

TheInfamousBaka

:) You are the best, Jess! I'm waiting to buy anything in anticipation of the holiday sale, I'm so excited!

mgill52

Holy Cow Jess. Holy Cow. You are so generous.

CharlesFesta on Apr 22 '09 at 11:46am
Jess for President

shirtflirt

straws is getting printed, isn't it?

B 7

Jess you are the nicest person

B 7

oh and straws better be getting printed!

brentendo

wow! you're the greatest!

Lhiiiz

Wow, that's such a generous thing for you to do!

TheInfamousBaka

I think doing a first to comment on the blog thing is awesome, or even some kind of raffle. :) Like "draw me a doodle of a sunflower and you get a chance to win a free tee!"

brentendo

it should be a drawing contest for realz

shirtflirt

you should hide yourself somewhere in the americas

and whoever finds you gets to have dinner with you

shirtflirt

brentendo on Nov 12 '09 at 2:11pm
it should not be a drawing contest for realz

totes

dschwen

Jess. Is. Awesome. Period.

FRICKINAWESOME
2 designs submitted - Score now!

It's getting to the point where I'm extremely suspicious of how nice you are being! OMG, what a wonderful thing to do for everyone here, you dah best to all your Threadless buddies Jess!

amaliaslash

Wow. You are extremely generous! But you could do it by comment, and then your email wouldn't get spammed. Then again, you wouldn't know exactly when you get 35 without hand-counting.

randyotter3000

I think I have finnally realised why everyone loves jess!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!

woah way too nice!!!!

Bramish

Give it to people you think deserve it, and/or people you like.

wotto

how very Xmas of you. I like random acts of kindness.

jess4002

shirtflirt on Nov 12 '09 at 2:07pm
straws is getting printed, isn't it?

haha, straws isn't being printed. that would be too quick! plus, this is the GC i have right now. :P

TheInfamousBaka on Nov 12 '09 at 2:10pm
I think doing a first to comment on the blog thing is awesome, or even some kind of raffle. :) Like "draw me a doodle of a sunflower and you get a chance to win a free tee!"

raffle sounds good! but i don't want to be chasing people if i pull their names out, haha. hmm.

brentendo on Nov 12 '09 at 2:11pm
it should be a drawing contest for realz

drawing seems like a lot of work. :/

tracerbullet

i really like the way you formatted this blog!

also, you're super kind

cshimala
cshimala profile pic Staff

brentendo

you know what would be really cool? if you spent the $1200 on threadless tees to an African school somewhere... that would make my year/life, plus you'd almost certainly become a saint

TheInfamousBaka

raffle sounds good! but i don't want to be chasing people if i pull their names out, haha. hmm.

Give people a time limit to reply, and if they don't reply in the time allotted, NEXT!

SuperRyan

ask people what shirt/print they want, why, why they deserve it or something - have them post it in a blog and send it to you as an email as well, and you can just pick who you think should get what they want!

EricDiaz

WOW!!

randyotter3000

I like brentendos idea of helping a charity with all the tees, imagine seeing pictures of some poor kids decked out in threadless, I would love to see a tee of mine on some poor kiddy

jublin

"my GCs bring all the boys to the yard"

-jess

spacesick 2

you are the nicest nice that ever NICED, jess!

TheInfamousBaka

I don't deserve any tees, but I'd like one! :)

bengineer

wow, you're such a nice person! i like brentendo's idea, too, but if you wanna use your gcs around here you should buy everyone you expecially like/know well a shirt and then have a contest or "first to email me"-thing.
again: you're really awesome, jess!

jess4002

aww, i don't want people to send me reasons why they deserve tees. as long as i have an address and their tee/print is in stock, i'm ordering it for them.

the charity thing is awesome, but i don't know where to begin on that. i'll do a little researching right now! :)

brentendo

randyotter3000 on Nov 12 '09 at 2:24pm
I like brentendos idea of helping a charity with all the tees, imagine seeing pictures of some poor kids decked out in threadless, I would love to see a tee of mine on some poor kiddy

that's exactly what I was imaginin lol threadless should do a charity event, like threadless loves Africa or something haha

sonmi

you are awesome, jess!

iPear

that's super nice jess! can we nominate people?

Lhiiiz

I love the idea of using it for needy kids, Africa, here, anywhere...I know I've got plenty of shirts and as much as I love them, I don't need any more...but for someone who truly does, how awesome to have it be from threadless!

outline

jesus christ on a breadstick! you are too awesome, jess

shirtflirt

i'll dole them out for you

squintygirl

Wow, you're remarkably generous!

jet approves

whoa, you are an incredibly generousawesomeamazingsupersweet person.

bortwein

wow, very generous.

jet approves

if you decided to do it raffle style, you could have people submit their info as part of entering. that way, when you pulled them out of the raffle you wouldn't have to chase them around for info.

jess4002

iPear on Nov 12 '09 at 2:40pm
can we nominate people?

if you want to. sure! why not. i'm open to anything.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?