Close
One second...

How do get more comments on my critiques?

Hi everyone I am new to Threadless and have a question/comment. I have been having a hard time getting many comments on my critiques. I have gotten some very valuable feedback on some designs, and nothing on others.

I became a bit frustrated and tried commenting on other critiques and posting a link to mine, (something I noticed many others doing). I seemed to help but some people have said that they consider this to be poor etiquette. I can see their point (I felt uncomfortable doing it), but it seems to be the only way to get feedback if you are new to the site.

Finally, I decided to look for other critiques that seems to have no comments, and post some feedback and my link. I make a point to post something useful, not "i like it please look at mine". I figured I could help others that were having the same problem as me, and they would hopefully help me in turn.

I am just curious if anyone has any thoughts about this, thanks for reading my little rant.

jmg14

Watch this
soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

like it please look at mine". seems lame but it works.
I'll look at your stuff,
like it please look at mine". seems lame but it works

ben buzzkill

I wondered about this etiquette issue too, hence this blog I posted - http://www.threadless.com/profile/171360/ben_buzzkill/blog/516774/A_question_of_etiquette

It seems there are different opinions on it. I've continued to post my critique links at the end of my comments (on other peoples designs up for critique). I have no problem with other people posting links if they offer me constructive advice/criticism and will actively try and return the favour.

Fotologica

Agree with ben. It's just that I only link back to my critique when I feel I actually had something usefull to say about someone elses design, so it can be considered as returning a favour instead of spamming.

Wheel of Fortune

I think that it is acceptable to post a link to yours if you actually gave a thoughtful and insightful critique to the person.

The faux pas came about because some people's critiques were getting filled with nothing but,
"I like it. Take a look at mine?"
"Cool!" Check mine out?
ect.

And that's just annoying and disappointing and doesn't benefit the person at all.

jmg14

Thanks for the comments, as I said I do try to only post my link on threads were I have something useful to say. It will check out the critque club.

jmg14

Heh heh, that pic was actually taken at Loche Ness, not that you can tell.

Ernesto.cam

I think it's better to give a sincere and good constructive criticism instead of saying only "like it please look at mine" Something that really helps and that will reward you a good review as well. Well that is my humble opinion.

My design is in the big leagues Cat trap Can you score it? Thanks! ;)

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

lol, ernesto with the 554th day bump

jmg14

So weird to get comments on this now...

No account?