Close
One second...

ONE Charity Tee Design - VOTE FOR A WINNER!

UPDATE:

The 3 finalists are now up for selection. Your vote will go a long way to helping ONE print a design that will have MAXIMUM appeal! Thanks to everyone who has helped.

:)

VOTE HERE!

I know that you guys are accustomed to the high-roller lifestyle on Threadless, but there's a call for submissions over at ONE - a charity devoted to tackling global poverty.

I've been asked to be part of a judging panel to select entries and it would be nice to see some stuff come from this community. There is no prize, per se - other than having your design printed worldwide, and the knowledge that your artwork is being sold to make money to support a good cause and make a difference!

The thrust of the brief is to produce a design in black ink on a white tee or white ink on a black tee with a second ink for a splash of colour.

And it must incorporate the 'ONE' logo! Hi-res and vector versions of the logo are available via the below link...

COMPETITION GUIDELINES AND SUBMISSION PAGE

The deadline is November 3rd 2009. I appreciate that is short notice and being not-for-profit, it might be hard for anyone to dedicate any significant time to it - but if you have any old designs that you could modify, or existing artwork that you could mash-up to make some kind of franken-design, then that would be rad.

Thanks for listening!

YES WE CAN!

Watch this
davidfromdallas
davidfromdallas profile pic Alumni

Awesome, Aled. Thanks so much for passin this along.

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

Typical charity. They want all your hard work for no money. While they sit back in their penthouses and laugh.

phones

cool beans

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

how much are we talking

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

Hahah

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

40 of whatever that currency is will do just fine.

the110
the110 profile pic Alumni

No to SPEC-WORK! hehe

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

sweet comp - i do like one
it is a bit strange there isn't any prize of sorts - doesn't have to be cash, even a voucher for their current shirts or 5 copies of your own shirt would be nice.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

now i feel guiltty for being greedy - i suppose the reward of a job well done and getting your stuff printed world wide is nice.
or maybe they could just get bono and bob geldof to hand deliver your winning notification - that would be cool too!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Haha - I understand what you mean. But we all have it TOO GOOD at Threadless!

If you sub a good design, I will do all I can to ensure that it stands a chance.

It's only a 1 colour design - so all you need is a sound idea and maybe a few hours!

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

something like this?

stubby43

This is an awesome idea, plus congrats on being deemed judge worthy.

Also you got picked to be a judge b y a charity founded by bono?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Hah - thanks. I think Bono personally asked for me.

That's perfect, Dan. But perhaps have the outline of the African continent in the bg to tie it in?

littlem

sounds awesome

angelatag

anybody from around the world can join?

Mya Jamila

Honestly Digsy, the two times I've seen you do something, or consider doing something for someone/something that involves you doing it out of the goodness of your heart you ask for something in return.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Don't stick up for her, Mya!

pours scorn

Mya Jamila

Is that what it sounded like? Because I didn't mean it like that.

I mean, come on. Why does she bother doing work for something/someone that clearly states you're not getting something in return other than many thanks, people saying how awesome you are and people seeing your work and then asking for something in return.

I currently have no respect for her.

Just sayin'.

jstumpenhorst
jstumpenhorst profile pic Alumni

thanks for posting Aled! I hope I can get something together for this.

jstumpenhorst
jstumpenhorst profile pic Alumni

also, i forget how many prints you have until i am in your profile. simply amazing.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

haha - thanks Jared :)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Mya - I was just pulling your leg, dawg!

sMarsell

I really like the doing stuff for free, so I did a quick one from a design I worked a while ago, Do the allow oversize prints like this???

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Nice one! It doesn't say in the competition rules (I'm not sure how knowledgeable they are about printing restrictions) so I couldn't tell you I'm afraid - but I'll try to find out.

It will cost more to do oversize prints so I suspect not, but hold that thought.

sMarsell

Oh okay! Well seeing your a judge do you accept <del>money bribes</del> homemade apple pie?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

If you could bake the money into the apple pie, it would dramatically increase your chances.

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

I might try this, but most likely I will miss the deadline.

Mya Jamila

fatheed on Oct 26 '09 at 12:51pm
Mya - I was just pulling your leg, dawg!

Don't do that Dawg! It's hard to tell joking over the interwebs!

Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

i'll look into it man, great to see you doing this stuff:)

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

fatheed, king of the wickerpeople

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

wow, i got slammed in my absence, that was nice and also slightly confusing - i'm not certain what it was about?!
i did say i felt guilty and correct myself about 15 seconds later, but obviously that wasn't enough.
I'm not entirely certain what i've done to get myself in Mya Jamila's bad books, but i do resent someone i've never met taking 2 "actions" on a website i occasionally visit as judgements on my entire life and character.

anyway, this is still a pretty cool comp and I plan on entering it regardless (although having just seen sMarsell's design I probably don't have a hope!)
one is an awesome company that i've been following for years and having a design on one of their shirts would be amazing regardless of any prize, apologies if it came across that i thought any other way.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

oh, fatheed - pretty awesome you got picked to judge this, how did that come about?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

So here's my entry - it may get rejected for being a oversize print but i thought i'd give it a go.

The picture used is one of my own - taken of a girl called Charlotte who I looked after when I was volunteering in Ghana a few years ago.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Excellent stuff - nicely done, Digsy :)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

RE: Judging - I just got an email from a nice lady asking me to participate :)

littlem

chari-tee

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

hows this going fatheed?
have you guys started judging yet, did you get a lot of submissions?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

final three for public vote

i do like all of them - struggling to pick one to vote for - and i'll def get whichever one wins anyway as they're really nice, i just would have liked to have seen a different take on the concept this year.
These three all look very similar to previous years designs - would have been nice to see something a bit more original. this time round.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was difficult to narrow them down and although I wasn't involved in deciding the final 3, I'm really pleased to see that 3 finalists are designs that I'd shortlisted. As far as going for something different - I know what you mean digsy - but in the context of this competition, I think that it's important to have a design that really represents ONE and that would fit into the existing line of merch. It's actually about reinforcing the brand and the 3 finalists, for me, really do that.

If you think about the brief, it's only really a one ink competition on a standard print screen that has to incorporate the ONE logo - and like I mentioned - it must represent the nature of the charity - so the designs were always going to be quite similar in that respect - it's not a wide open brief.

Now I must thank you all again for your interest and participation and I must ask you to vote on a winner!

VOTE HERE!

(Thanks again digsy!)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks fatheed - i figured a lot of it probably had to do with re-enforcing a current brand which means not veering to far away from what's been done before.

All three really lovely designs in the end, I'm torn between the one languages and the newspaper headline africa one...
actually i like the dna one too - think i might have to flip a three sided coin!

Fotologica

All designs were really catching, finally decided to vote for the newspaper one. Just figured that ould be the one I would actually love to wear most.

No account?
Join Us