The "Why you should visit and/or move to Portland" blog.
1. I live here. Hai! So do boysbe-priscilla, chengui-brian & helmut13e-renee, margo (sometimes), mgill52, polynothing, renfrue (i think?), and hopefully soon, alvarejo.
3. There's no sales tax here. Sales tax is dumb.
4. It's relatively inexpensive to live here (compared to many west-coast areas)
5. Oregon coast ftw.
6. Mt. Friggin Hood, dude. Snowboarding/skiiing right outside the city. :)
7. Portland has been named BEER CITY USA (tied with some town in NC, but still!)
8. There's like, lots of nature and stuff, right in the city:
Portland is home to the nation's largest urban wilderness — the 5,000-acre Forest Park. The Portland metro area boasts 37,000 acres of parkland. Portland has 278 public parks and 150 miles of trails.
9. Just for tracer-brian: Tons of gluten-free dining options!
Okay, can you move here now, plz?