Close
One second...

The "Why you should visit and/or move to Portland" blog.

1. I live here. Hai! So do boysbe-priscilla, chengui-brian & helmut13e-renee, margo (sometimes), mgill52, polynothing, renfrue (i think?), and hopefully soon, alvarejo.

2. Portland is the #1 most bicycle-friendly city in the USA, and the #2 in the whole world! evidence! moar evidence!

3. There's no sales tax here. Sales tax is dumb.

4. It's relatively inexpensive to live here (compared to many west-coast areas)

5. Oregon coast ftw.

6. Mt. Friggin Hood, dude. Snowboarding/skiiing right outside the city. :)

7. Portland has been named BEER CITY USA (tied with some town in NC, but still!)

8. There's like, lots of nature and stuff, right in the city:
Portland is home to the nation's largest urban wilderness — the 5,000-acre Forest Park. The Portland metro area boasts 37,000 acres of parkland. Portland has 278 public parks and 150 miles of trails.

9. Just for tracer-brian: Tons of gluten-free dining options!

Okay, can you move here now, plz?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
kevinwells

(also, the "butt" in butler above was semi-intentional)

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

totally, kevin. it'll be a fun roadtrip.

jenraskopf

Aw man. You guys are going to steal Brian away from us.

:(

But I love Brian, so I want him to be happy.
So you can have him, but only if I can visit and stay on his couch.

Deal?

Roostersauce

I'm thinking about going up and working there this summer.

Aphte
Aphte profile pic Alumni

It's making me want to move here so hard !

boysbeambitious

aphte living in portland!? faints that would be awesome. i'd pretty much visit and watch you draw all the time.

tracerbullet

been cleaning up my resume some more this morning. i think i'm really gonna be looking.

iDanSimpson

micah, as a former chicagoan myself, i heartily suggest portland to you. if you can take the rain of the rainy season, you'll love portland so hard :)

tracerbullet

the more i look at portland on google maps, the prettier it seems

bcrider

Portland rocks for containing Kurt Halsey. Also, I love all the other reasons posted.

bcrider

Bri, I forgot to exchange contact info with you before I left for Philly. While we wandered the Historic District I eyeballed the crowds for Threadless shirts but came up empty. :(

lordog

we even have a street called halsey. i'm not sure if it's named after him, though...

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i can't get over how odd this guy looks.

bcrider

Lori, I doubt it; it's actually his middle name but he generally goes by it. :D If he does a gallery show out there in the next couple years I'd fly out!

lordog

haha i chose that pic just for that guy.

ooh you should totes fly out! portland meetup!!!

mgill52

I was just looking for this blog!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiAEBLaWetE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiAEBLaWetE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

tracerbullet

aw, that's ok, becky. i wasn't in the city much on saturday anyway. i had family holiday shtuff.

alvarejo
alvarejo profile pic Alumni

this blog feels me with hopefullness and joy

boysbeambitious

The creator of The Simpsons is from Portland, and there IS a Springfield, Oregon.

and I'm actually living in an apartment called Lovejoy. :-D

kevinwells

priscilla accidentally called me when she was moving in to her new apartment thinking she was calling her brother, who is conveniently also named Kevin. she got all embarrassed and flustered when she realized her mistake. it was positively adorable.

you should call me randomly when i'm not expecting it again some time, priscilla :P it was fun :)

mgill52

Can I be added to the people that live in Portland list? I am sure it will make all the difference and all the threadpeeps will flock here after that. :)

tracerbullet

aw man, i'm totally jealous, kevin! i should change my name.

boysbeambitious

oops.

I'm still embarrassed about that, Kevin! D'oh...

kayceislost

Portland has been named BEER CITY USA (tied with some town in NC, but still!)

WHICH IS WHY EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO NC TOO!!!!

bygrinstow
bygrinstow profile pic Alumni

mmmm haystacks!

Also, Davis, CA used to be the bike capital! ...we'll get it back someday....

tracerbullet

I just can't see how north carolina could possibly compete with oregon.

tracerbullet

according to salary.com, the cost of living in portland is 9.4% less than it is in philadelphia. assuming i maintained my current salary, i'd save about $4,000 a year. that would be so awesome.

courtney pie

brian if you move to portland, I can properly stalk you. just sayin'

kayceislost

get out of here, brian.

nc is awesome.

dont make me bring out the broken heart pic again.

tracerbullet

ooh a courtney stalking incentive!

i don't think i've ever heard you say anything positive about living in NC, kayce :-p

courtney pie

i am not an azn man steve :(

tracerbullet

i'm not quite sure that's a man

kayceislost

Nc has lovely weather and sweet tea and me and mountains and the beach and cool stuff. and me.

tracerbullet

i believe the only thing oregon lacks is you. so maybe we should both move there.

Twiggyhall

They Might be Giants in November, yo

kashlen

maybe I should move to portland

kashlen

um

i have bad timing

I am gay friendly, but not gay, so me posting that I should move there wasn't related to it being gay friendly even though I am gay friendly and anti homophob and what not..um...this post isn't making my point, is it?

tracerbullet

here, kerry, let me get you a bigger shovel

kashlen

hahah see but the funny thing about it should be that I knew what I was doing when I wrote that..

it was for comic relief

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us