Close
One second...

The "Why you should visit and/or move to Portland" blog.

1. I live here. Hai! So do boysbe-priscilla, chengui-brian & helmut13e-renee, margo (sometimes), mgill52, polynothing, renfrue (i think?), and hopefully soon, alvarejo.

2. Portland is the #1 most bicycle-friendly city in the USA, and the #2 in the whole world! evidence! moar evidence!

3. There's no sales tax here. Sales tax is dumb.

4. It's relatively inexpensive to live here (compared to many west-coast areas)

5. Oregon coast ftw.

6. Mt. Friggin Hood, dude. Snowboarding/skiiing right outside the city. :)

7. Portland has been named BEER CITY USA (tied with some town in NC, but still!)

8. There's like, lots of nature and stuff, right in the city:
Portland is home to the nation's largest urban wilderness — the 5,000-acre Forest Park. The Portland metro area boasts 37,000 acres of parkland. Portland has 278 public parks and 150 miles of trails.

9. Just for tracer-brian: Tons of gluten-free dining options!

Okay, can you move here now, plz?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
lordog

right on, you know i'll be here! actually, after 10/15 is good, cuz in don't have plans to be out of town until xmas by that point. :)

Twiggyhall

^5 !! yay :{D

I wanna do X-mas shopping at Powell's again this year!

kevinwells

this is the place that has the 50% off 24-hour happy hour on all sushi, isn't it

how the hell have you guys not run into margo. every place you guys have mentioned is a place i know she frequents

lordog

woooooyeah. that would be a fun place to shop.

we can make planz when i come visit next week! wohooo i get to see twiggs next week!

lordog

kevin, you need to email me margo's contact info. priscilla and i want to kidnap her and take her thrifting with us.

boysbeambitious

dude, I post photos and margo sometimes says she was at the same place at the same time BUT WE NEVER SEE EACH OTHER. I don't geddit.

Chipmnk

Meh, I don't know, just because you don't like the smell of rain doesn't mean I still won't hold an umbrella for you in one hand and hold you in the other.

Just sayin'.

boysbeambitious

I learned how to be stylin' in the rain. :-D

courtney pie

we can still kiss in the rain, it's okay

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

i like the rain. i like sitting on a screen porch while listening to the rain. i also like watching movies inside while it's raining.

kevinwells

lordog on Sep 18 '09 at 7:00pm
kevin, you need to email me margo's contact info. priscilla and i want to kidnap her and take her thrifting with us.

see, what i have is
a) her phone number
b) her school mailbox mailing address
neither of which are that conducive to kidnapping her. i do know what dorm she lives in, though, not what room. but i could give you walking directions on how to get to her room once you were inside the building :P

lordog

well her phone number works. i mean, we aren't going to actually show up at her dorm and kidnap her. i think that would scare her. perhaps i could call or text her prior to the kidnap?

watching movies in the rain ftw! and reading. and drinking tea. and napping.

lordog

is that the place we went to a couple of weeks ago? the all-day sushi happy hour? that place was insane...$8.50 for the hugest plate of teriyaki beef i've ever seen!

lordog

no! wanna eat??

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

yeah! I'm super hungry and don't feel like making anything but don't have anyone to go out with cause R's gone :'(

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

I heard it's really competitive to get jobs there though, especially those of a creative nature 'cause every hipster/indie kid made a major exodus to Portland a few years ago :-/

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

^I think the city being overpopulated with "artists" and being competitive are different things...there are a ton of "artists"...but if you know what you're doing you'll land a sweet job here somewhere.

boysbeambitious

I wish I could go out to eat with you guys. =__=

lordog

ok! calling you!

i've heard that too, priscilla. and the job market is sucky right now. :/

kevinwells

hahahaha, i don't think it'll be a proper introduction unless you guys literally tackle her to the ground. sneak up behind her and pounce!!!

but no, fine, i guess i can just email you her phone # and she can hang out with you willingly.

i really love curling up during thunderstorms and just listening to the rain. it's even better (assuming you didn't have something you had to do) if the power goes out and you can light candles and just snuggle

kevinwells

you guys also forgot:

Club Sesso, Portland's very own Swingers Club, brought to you by Ron Jeremy!

. . .

. . .

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

i havent even read this blog yet but portland is definitely on my list of states i want to visit and have thought about moving to if i had to live in the states.

kevinwells

:D @ portland being on a list of states

... :P

shirtflirt

i got some relatives up there and wifey and i plan on heading up there in the spring.

i'm ready to move

funkie fresh

i just read it. i would move there for #2 alone but i kept reading and just got EVEN BETTER

funkie fresh

dude, kevin, dude...you know what i mean, knowwhatimeanman?

GAH!

it's my first day?

kevinwells

also, as far as the "(tied with some town in NC, but still!)"
thing goes, it says:

"In the end Portland, Oregon and Asheville, North Carolina gathered the most votes."

Asheville is where i lived in NC for 4 years as a kid! man, i probably drank so many beers between the ages of 4-8!

lordog

hahaha yes it does.

and sake-tinis!

tracerbullet

i'm updating my resume :-x

lordog

another great reason to move to portland: you can make dinner plans on the blogs, then go to dinner, then get home and continue blogging about it. :D

tracerbullet

what kind of positions is your company hiring for, lori?

lordog

hehe!

tracerbrian, i'm not really sure at the moment. i will find out. and i will email you the website n stuff. it's an awesome company. the only pitfall is that it's not right in portland-it's about 20 miles west in a lame suburb called hillsboro. but anyway, i'll email you more infos!

Mya Jamila

You guys could carpool!
:O

lordog

emailed!

you should come up here, miss sk! hey that reminds me, i have a little something for you. it's actually from when i went to mexico earlier this year-i just haven't seen you in soooooo long. looks like you are going to have to come up here and get it. :D

boysbeambitious

oh man oh man brian is really thinking about coming this is great!!! DO IT BRIAN!!!

tracerbullet

i'll try! but wanting to do it and actually finding a job are very different things :-)

plus, i never know how companies feel about interviewing people across the country who would have to relocated.

tracerbullet

it's just really hit me the past few weeks how unhappy i am at my job. i absolutely love the people i work with (except my boss), but i just can't stand the monotony. i need a change :-)

kevinwells

when you move to portland, can you stop by columbus on the way and take me with you?

i can acquire a tuxedo and work as your witty buttler!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us