Close
One second...

The "Why you should visit and/or move to Portland" blog.

1. I live here. Hai! So do boysbe-priscilla, chengui-brian & helmut13e-renee, margo (sometimes), mgill52, polynothing, renfrue (i think?), and hopefully soon, alvarejo.

2. Portland is the #1 most bicycle-friendly city in the USA, and the #2 in the whole world! evidence! moar evidence!

3. There's no sales tax here. Sales tax is dumb.

4. It's relatively inexpensive to live here (compared to many west-coast areas)

5. Oregon coast ftw.

6. Mt. Friggin Hood, dude. Snowboarding/skiiing right outside the city. :)

7. Portland has been named BEER CITY USA (tied with some town in NC, but still!)

8. There's like, lots of nature and stuff, right in the city:
Portland is home to the nation's largest urban wilderness — the 5,000-acre Forest Park. The Portland metro area boasts 37,000 acres of parkland. Portland has 278 public parks and 150 miles of trails.

9. Just for tracer-brian: Tons of gluten-free dining options!

Okay, can you move here now, plz?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
boysbeambitious

omg, lori, we had the same blog lol!

mike bautista
1 design submitted - Score now!

I've been thinking about visiting/living in Portland for a while.

mike bautista

Your floating mountain and coasts are beautiful.

ISABOA

i might be in town around Nov 5th

we should go tour a submarine or something

lordog

that's #3 priscilla!!!

wait you made a blog too?

boysbeambitious

had = made in my first comment. oops...

lordog

oooh submarine tour...

canceromega

I want to go to therrrrrre.

briancook

voodoo donuts + a WEEKLY artist market + they made Coraline here....

courtney pie

I will be down every weekend so we can go to that rock and look for One Eyed Willy's treasure. :D

lordog

hey you, brian, yeah you, SHUT IT!

boysbeambitious

the farmer's market downtown is the bombbbb

sonmi

i plan on visiting sometime!

lordog

KBShakedown on Sep 18 '09 at 4:44pm
10. Vegan strip club.

true, complete with pyrotechnics, so i've heard.

boysbeambitious

POWELLS BOOKS

I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT POWELLS BOOKS

briancook

You forgot about the famous Voodoo doughnut BURGER too!!!

how dare you...

boysbeambitious

Powell's Books is a chain of bookstores in the Portland metropolitan area. Powell's headquarters, dubbed Powell's City of Books, claims to be the largest independent new and used bookstore in the world.[1] Powell's City of Books is located in the Pearl District on the edge of downtown, and occupies a full city block, between NW 10th and 11th Avenues and between W Burnside and NW Couch Streets. It contains over 68,000 ft² (6,300 m² or about 1.6 acres) of retail floor space.

briancook

SONMI sighting! give us a head's up if you do!

lordog

holy crap, i didn't know they made a burger. that's amazing.

and powell's ftw.

and julia, come visit! :)

briancook

You also forgot our awesome public transportation system!

lordog

lol @ the aerial tram. did you hear about the controversy when it was being built? apparently a nudist man lives right under the path of the tram, and refused to put his clothes on when in his yard. it caused an uproar, and i think they ended up re-designing the tram so it was harder to see the naked man or something like that.

lol.

boysbeambitious

LOL @ naked man. I didn't know that.

Brian have you eaten the voodoo burgers before? We should all go get some soon!

lordog

we should! we can have heart attacks together!

briancook

I'd love to try one...I can't remember where they serve them...somewhere on the eastside methinks.

briancook

What are you ladies doing Sunday?

boysbeambitious

This Sunday? I may or may not be moved into my new apartment by then (and my roommate is flying back from Hawaii)...hmmm.

Twiggyhall

Another reason to move to Portland: It's close to Seattle; therefore close to Mezo Knickers and I :)

lordog

dunno, what are YOU doing, brian?

and ^5 to that, twiggs!!!!!

iDanSimpson

powell's is my fave.

i'm in trout lake, WA (1.5 away)

boysbeambitious

:o

idan

please meet up with us someday!

lordog

portland, silly! let us know when you're coming, and we will has fun hangouts.

boysbeambitious

that's yet to be decided...but soon hopefully lordog, chengui, margo and I will meet up for thrifting and some noms. keep a lookout on the blogs!

iDanSimpson

consider me on-the-lookout! :)

lordog

i love how we are making plans with margo, but she doesn't know it. kevin needs to give us her contact infos.

tracerbullet

oh. my. god. you are seriously making me consider moving.

and lori, in answer to your question from the other blog, my current job isn't specifically a techie job, but i'm very good with technology-related things. i currently put together proposals for a health insurance company (very boring), but i would love to have a tech-related job. that stuff just comes naturally to me.

there is not one thing in that list up top that doesn't appeal to me. AND YOU HAVE GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA HOLY SHIT!

currently, my "I would seriously move to Portland if I had a guaranteed steady job" meter is at 70%.

wow.

briancook

I met up with polynothing-Josh the other weekend but he seems super busy :(

But he's here in Portland too!

Lori - maybe we can do something this weekend...Sarah (who you met form our building) was thinkign about doing food or something this weekend...Renee's gone though :(

tracerbullet

correction: i don't/can't drink beer, so only 8/9 things on that list appeal to me. but that's still a very high percentage.

lordog

hee hee, i knew i could convince you. ;)

there's a gluten-free seafood restaurant down the street from my apartment. it's the nomz.

job market is a lil slow right now, but my company is hiring. and my company is awesome and growing. but the IT dept isn't hiring at the moment. if you'd consider doing something else, i can send you infos.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?