Close
One second...

TRICKSTER

• by maija
  • posted Sep 17, 2009
  • 40 Comments

As I was doing the dishes one winter's day, I saw an orange tabby in the tree outside the kitchen window, stalking a magpie. Just as he was doing his pre-pounce butt-wiggle, another magpie swooped down and grabbed the cat's tail. The cat whipped around (nearly falling off of the narrow branch), but the tail-squeezing magpie had already retreated to a higher branch. So the cat began stalking the second magpie, while the first magpie hopped along the branch behind the cat, waiting for the butt-wiggle-- squeeze, spin, escape, bird snickers, rising feline fury. Rinse, repeat.

This went on until it was too dark to see any more. I don't know who won, but that cat was LIVID.

Watch this
maija

As I was doing the dishes one winter's day, I saw an orange tabby in the tree outside the kitchen window, stalking a magpie. Just as he was doing his pre-pounce butt-wiggle, another magpie swooped down and grabbed the cat's tail. The cat whipped around (nearly falling off of the narrow branch), but the tail-squeezing magpie had already retreated to a higher branch. So the cat began stalking the second magpie, while the first magpie hopped along the branch behind the cat, waiting for the butt-wiggle-- squeeze, spin, escape, bird snickers, rising feline fury. Rinse, repeat.

This went on until it was too dark to see any more. I don't know who won, but that cat was LIVID.

ndikol
ndikol profile pic Alumni

wow cool :D

M is for me

Supa' fly - $5$5$5!!!! Keep on rockin' the designs!

HellboyOne

Just skip the scoring process and make this a shirt already. 5$$$$$$

HellboyOne

Just skip the scoring process and make this a shirt already. 5$

Parmelyn

AWESOME!!i really like how you drew the animals movements!

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

The text is pretty hard to read, but the image stands well on its own. Nice work.

maija

Thanks! It began as an exercise in illuminated capitals, which aren't legible to begin with, but then I decided to try to make letters without deforming and heavily stylizing the animals, but that made the letterforms rather too subtle. So it's just a hidden treat.

Nocturne

The infinite battle.

platinum
platinum profile pic Alumni

cool image!!

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

Thats pretty aweseom! ace work.

atomgraphics

Amazing! I can't wait to wear this shirt. $5.

dorodoro

Wow, I love how they spell out trickster.

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

i LOOOOOOOVVVE it!! $5

Ivantobealone
Ivantobealone profile pic Alumni

Very much to my liking!

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

reminds me of one of my oldest designs, only much better with more creativity

Tikimasters
Tikimasters profile pic Alumni

Awesome stuff. Great colors as well.

nallukka

Letters are a cute secret to make people flustered at trying to guess, but the tee is a $5 no matter... the fact that it's on an orange base got a double 5 on my part... because I'll wear shirts I rate "4" if they are on orange... then to already have orange cats like mine... orange shirts like mannny of mine (but never enough...)... and clever details... sold! Lowest bidder is Threadless with an initial print count of a thousand??

kooblikon

I really really like it!
Great idea

derekrigby

I freaking love it. It looks great!

Malurocks

I looove it !!!

maija

Wow, thanks everybody!

ilovegoats

not a fan of the arange.

isawa