Close
One second...

These scored '5' for me

There's a household moratorium at my house on buying more threadless tees until I win something.

Given that, I feel a little disingenuous when I hit the '$' box.
I would buy it. Really I would.

Is a 5 weigh just as much as a $5?
Or does that Dollar sign 'turn it up to eleven', so to speak?

what do you think?
I still hit the $ box once in a while, and that means that I really want it. even though I can't have it.
Which makes me want it more.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
mizuchaud

I'd $5 this blog if it helped get a comment.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

I eat $s for breakfast

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I $ something that I would buy if I had the money. There are some that I want more than others, sure, but if I had a $500 Threadless GC lying around, I'd probably buy most of the things I've $5'd.

8bitcat

Honestly I'm embarrassed to say that I hardly hit the $ box, just because I forget to. I would say that I only check it if I really want it, but I don't feel like I absolutely must buy it if it prints. Mainly because I'm poor like you :)

Ivantobealone
Ivantobealone profile pic Alumni

I hit the $ for stuff that, finances permitting, I would seriously love to own. A 5 or 4 without $ are designs I appreciate on an artistic or intellectual level but wouldn't wear for a variety of reasons ( color, placement, etc)

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

$ = i would prob. buy it if i have money when it is printed.

mizuchaud

Well this one got a $ from me.
I'd want it, regardless of budget.

squatterjohn

I've stopped $ing things since I know I don't have the money (or room) for more tees.

But I think it's valid to vote $ if you would buy it if you had the money/no limit on how many tees you can own.

Ivantobealone

Perhaps I'm in the minority, currently I have 40 designs that I $'d, I may not be able to afford them all should they print, but it's not the artist's fault that I am sometimes broke :)

mizuchaud

Out of the ones I've marked '$' since I started voting again, these I really do want.

Apparently there are some misclicks in my voting. There were a bunch of 1's and 2's that had $'s that I definitely did not hit. I think it was during the early days of powerscore...

mizuchaud

And your comments have helped me rethink my voting.
mock_turtle on Sep 15 '09 at 5:28pm
For me there's a fine line between the $ and a standard 5. Some designs are executed beautifully and the concept is well thought out and clever, but to get the $ it still has to appeal to my sense of style. Some designs are brilliant, but they just aren't something I would see myself wearing on a t-shirt. It's more subjective, but that's how I look at it.

This was really helpful, as it verbalized what I think I was already doing internally.

Outlaw01

There's only two reasons why I hit the $.

1) I would buy the design.

2) I believe the design should be printed, regardless of whether or not I would buy it.

mizuchaud

I'd want this no matter what.

mizuchaud

And this:

Ivantobealone

Magic ride is amazing, my fave alexmdc, second only to his current true identity horror sub

mizuchaud

Two that I would buy

mizuchaud

Five tasty 5's for me.

brentendo

Ivantobealone on Sep 15 '09 at 5:24pm
I hit the $ for stuff that, finances permitting, I would seriously love to own. A 5 or 4 without $ are designs I appreciate on an artistic or intellectual level but wouldn't wear for a variety of reasons ( color, placement, etc)

yeh pretty much that for me

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Ivantobealone on Sep 15 '09 at 5:24pm

thats me too

mizuchaud

For this week...

mizuchaud

I love Gloomy Bunch!

spacesick 2

cool! thanks man!

I think I also 5$ 4/5 of the designs in here. what are the odds?

mizuchaud

We're both freaky picky in a sympatico kind of way?

I need to go make a second account now...

mizuchaud

mitchloidolt, ginetteginette and WanderingBert lovefest

mizuchaud

No-brainers 5 all night for me here:

mizuchaud

A lotta StyleSwaps...

And some others I dig...

mizuchaud

WTF, why are some of these staying around 2.5 or 2.6?

mizuchaud

These were 5slapped last year...

The face on Night Shift's cat is so awesome...

mizuchaud

Replace
with this one

mizuchaud

Pappa Smurf working it. Better recognize.

mizuchaud

finding more 5 gold in the Threadless 10K for 2010 challenge.

Ivantobealone

Thanks so much for the mention!

mizuchaud

You're welcome, Ivantobealone!
Practically no one reads this, it's almost a personal reminder for me to check to see how the ones I liked fared in scoring.

As you can see from the finished subs thumbnails, most of the ones I 5 don't do well.
(I think I'm going to calculate the average score for a mizuchaud 5 vote now...)

Ivantobealone

I do!
I'm sure that mine will score not so well, but I certainly appreciate that you enjoyed it :)

mizuchaud

hrmm. 2.78 average score for a mizuchaud 5 score.

I'd take that.

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

take more risks.

mizuchaud

Like this one?

That was a 5 for me a few months ago...
Loved it.

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

oh you!

that's not what i meant :P

mizuchaud

well, I'll try, but I guess I'm too much of a stickler to be handing out 5's helter skelter like.

I don't 0 anymore unless it really offends me.
It's just mostly 2's, a few 3's and 4's and once in a while, an awesome 5.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us