Close
One second...

It's Toile About You

• by EmmyCic
  • posted Sep 11, 2009
  • 197 Comments

Toile de Jouy, aka "toile" (Twahl), is a style of fabric consisting of fairly complex scenes drawn in black, red, or blue, usually on off-white backgrounds.

From a distance it looks like a cute vintage toile pattern.

But up close it is far more quaint than that!

To be belt printed a darkish blue on a cream shirt.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

I think it's great! Reminds me of a naked&angry shirt I have done by Ray Fenwick. I hate it when threadless becomes whiney and elitist if someone new gets a high score and uses their fanbase to an advantage. It's embarrassing.

Griggity

Congrats on the print!
This is hilarious. I used to have a job scanning fabrics like this for a company's web images. If I could, I would buy one for everyone at the old job.

dannodepf

i knew it! you are part of the Cicierega family, associated with the "Potter Puppet Pals"... thats fun. thats the "other websites" peeple.

ntopp

Yay Emmy! Can't wait to see what else you bring us.

psyraccoon

hahahhaa wow the drama. I'm just happy to see that someone who's outside of the normal circle of printed artists can jump in and get printed too.

By the way, I totally did a double take when I saw this name...

Neil Cicierega, her brother and creator of potter puppet pals?

That's funny, we have an internet celebrity sibling printed on Threadless haha

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

Congrats! :)

MsTintin

OMG I've always wanted to own a piece of toile-style clothing (no, really~), and this is my chance! :o
Amazing.

Odiseo

i love you

NiNTH WHEEL
NiNTH WHEEL profile pic Alumni

Congrats on the Bestee win.

bunnyflower

This makes me SO happy. Would you consider selling this design as a fabric on Spoonflower? I would buy it, instantly.

wazuhiru

Ten out of five!!!

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

I still feel sick when i look at this, it looks like it was drawn with a wacom in 20 minutes

ndstillie
ndstillie profile pic Alumni

I still like it. Good job.

thing1thatiam

Fantastic job! :D I really hope you win the design of the year!!! Greatest of luck, this design is classic and humorous at the same time. :)

Andiiiii

Amazing shirt!!!

patiokiss

this is good, but i feel that people need to stop voting for the artist and more for the design. just saying.

Caitl

Awesome

PrincessPoochie

The is the stupidest design I've ever seen on here and would never buy in a million years. Are you kidding me?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Congrats on the win!

NiNTH WHEEL
NiNTH WHEEL profile pic Alumni

Congrats!!

potato face

im pleased its a really interesting design with lots of character

SometimeLater

Best of the Year - congrats!!

caki25

Best tee of the year!!!!
=D
=)
=*

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

Hi, just to reiterate that this is not the best tee of the year but a popularity contest winner.

mikey warpso

wow really? best of the year? it's not funny, ironic, or well drawn. she must know ALL the voters I guess

amrothabit

كس امك :)

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni

CONGREAT!

plainview

$20,000... :-X

Anna_Elsewhere

I think you totally deserve the award! Gorgeous Tee!

iamzacky

mikey warpso: speak for yourself

congrats emmy! cant wait for your next design

walmazan
walmazan profile pic Alumni

congrats!

eskope

Way to go!! Congratulations!!

aguleo

congrats!

DopeFiend

Sick shirt. 5. Where did you get the shirts done at? I'm looking for a company to press my designs. I want it pressed over the entire shirt.

Ulumuri

Reminds me a lot of Kate Beaton's "Hark! A Vagrant" comics. Anyway, cute & funny.

Skap 1er

HAHA! it's just funny to me that people here had a problem with you getting friends to vote for your design. You got printed. It's already been re-printed. You've won a BESTEE award, AAAAAND it was chosen as one of the Havaiana prints!!! Amazing. Eat that haters!!! Oh and ISABOA, toile is always tiled...duh

Braniel

It was an adventure reading all these comments and it's so freakin awesome that you got bestee awards and stuff, how cool is that!

BZ1806

Ugh. There were so many better designs.

madsalty

slowpoke says this is a fake comment

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

wow more success in 3 subs than I've had in over a year! I just can't imagine what your reaction to getting all this money and attention so fast was. I love this and hounds tooth. I own both.

snailtrail

Cute! Always wanted to do one of these!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us