Brownie Baking. - Now With Recipe!
I put raspberries in the first time I made them and lemon in the second.
What should I put in today?
- 4 oz butter (110 g)
- 2 oz cooking chocolate
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8 oz granulated sugar (225 g)
- 2 oz plain flour (50 g) sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz chopped nuts (110 g). Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts or mixture
Preheat oven to gas 4 (I have no idea what that means.), 35o degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Melt chocolate and butter together (chocolate broken into small pieces) over a double boiler or over a pot of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and stir all the other ingredients into the butter and chocolate mixture thoroughly then spread in a ____ (I don't know what it says.) tin.
-- I usually break the eggs into the dry ingredients, beat and then add chocolate/butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the mixture shrinks away from sides.
- This recipe makes enough batter for a 6.5"x10.5" or 5"x7" baking pan (I can't remember which size I used.).
- The second and third time I made this I doubled the recipe and fit all the batter into two 8" diameter round baking tins.bold text
- I don't add nuts but I have added raspberries, the rinds of two lemons and mint extract to no ill effect.