Close
One second...

Coming Into Color

Please tell me what you think about the design, the placement, the title, or whatever else comes to mind.

Thanks

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
SamAntics

Please tell me what you think about the design, the placement, the title, or whatever else comes to mind.

Thanks

SamAntics

ill prolly add more color to some of the surrounding flowers to make it look more like the color is "spreading"

Jelche

Beautiful drawing. Like the design and the placement. However, I think you should have the bird in different colour than the surrounding flowers, cause right now it's totally blending in with them. The bird needs to be a contrasting colour, like red in oreder to stand out, cause it truly is the focal point of your design, isn't it?

Hm, I see now, did you perhaps want to make it look like the bird is giving it colour? If that's the case, then you should probably have the bird's beak inside one of the flowers, and depict only that particular flower starting to receive colour as opposed to both of them being blue.

SamAntics

yes i did want the bird to give the flowers there color. Im changing the bird slightly - it came out darker than i wanted and will have less black and just the purple on the back of his head um... I initally wanted the color to spread from the inside of the image out so thats why the bird and the two middle flowers are colored and then the flowers around it are beginning to come into color. That i might change slightly as well to give it more of that spreading out feeling i was talking about.

I love the colors of blue/purple orchids and a turquoise/black bird i found so i would love to keep the colors they are. I thought one of the best parts about it was that the bird was giving the flowers his own colors rather than just any color.

I dunno - is this helpful? Thanks for the comment tho i really appreciate it and will work on it.

SamAntics

I fixed the bird in this version to what it was originally suppose to come out looking like....it was way to dark in version 1... is this any better? I left the old bird for comparison.

joanne413

I love this design...it's very classy. Personally I'm tired of skulls and gore! this is pretty!!

I like the 'new' bird color....with touches of black and white.

futurehistory

hey, very interesting use of colors & forms :))

efe1347

Wow, nice
i think it would work better if the bird was a different color than the flowers

SamAntics

i agree somewhat about the bird sticking out better as a different color but the idea was that the bird is giving the flowers his own colors... i just dont know how to make everybody happy while keeping my same concept. (Know what i mean?)

SamAntics

So in this version i took color away from the two flowers to give it a better "spreading out" feeling for the color and to hopefully make the bird stand out more so I dont have to change its color... do you like old flowers or new flowers?

SamAntics

okay that didnt work im going to try submitting version 3 again!

SamAntics

ok nvm its fixed!

SamAntics

is this good or should i take away even more color from the flowers?

SamAntics

ill try even less color for the next version

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

yeah keep the bird colored and the flowers black and white, good stuff :)

frauleinkatrina

I like all the flowers, it makes a really interesting negative space. My only issue is that the whole thing feels a little too light, there aren't very many dark areas. Could you try darking some lines and shadows so it's a little more balanced?

Check my latest critique?

alexmdc

looking much better on the placement!

SamAntics

so for this version i just changed those two flowers and made the spot just around the beak colored like hes giving the flower color

i think ill be taking out the bits of color in the other flowers and most likely adding more black :)

SamAntics

less color - more black

SamAntics

Is the bird to vibrant now?

joanne413

that's perfect!!! love this version!!!

Jelche

Hey, you did a great job with the changes. I like your concept, so don't change the colour of the bird. However, I'm not liking v6. Personally, I'm undecided between v4 and v5. If you decide with v5 perhaps you should consider adding just a little colour next to the only coloured flower. That way the idea that the colour is spreading will be even more evident.

Great concept. Great execution.

Southwind

Hey, cool design I like the placement of the branch and the bird. good job.

SamAntics

i think im actually going to go with version 5 with a lliiitttllleee more color in that one flower

SamAntics

does someone wanna tell me why I shouldn't submit it then?

X3N05

Nice design, nice colour. Good luck!

(but it looks a bit pixellated here, so make sure you fix that when you do submit. Apart from that, i wish i could draw as well as you.)

Ru Chery

wow I really like your design. You did a great job with the detail and everything. But I wonder what the design would look like on another color shirt like blue or green. Good stuff though I like it

Please let me know what you think of my I would appreciate the feedback...Thanks

"Sky High"

agrimony

mhmm i prefer v5 as well. id also like to see abit more interaction of the bird with the flowers. meaning, more shadows of the bird on the flowers. maybe some creasing of the flowers where the bird has landed. perhaps some parts of the flowers in front of the bird? right now, it looks more like flowers with a bird pasted on top, than an actual bird perched among the flowers.

all in all, great drawing.

SamAntics

haha well...v6 really does just have a bird pasted in front lol but the reason i didnt put more flowers to the left behind the bird was because i didnt want to make it a confusing mass of flowers and shades of gray. What i can do is move over the flowers on the left to make them closer so there wont be a blank white space next to the bird.

The bird is sitting on the stem of the orchid which might be the reason why it seems like hes being pasted on top... maybe the bottom flower should be in front of the bird as the bottom corner is a mish mosh of flowers. And yes i completely agree that v5 is better.

Thanks for the comments!
And everything wont be all pixellated in the end - my problem was that i kept editing the same jpeg to it would come out quicker because I noticed even the text was like that but that will def be fixed for when i submit it.

sidepull

Hey Samantha - I saw this critique and I thought you might be interested in a study I'm doing:

Posted a critique? Does feedback improve designs?

Just to provide a brief explanation. I'm trying to see how feedback influences the development of ideas (in this case design). So, when you sign up, I'll send you a brief personality survey and then I'll gather your critique data and see how it all works together via the magic of statistics. Everyone that signs up will get a free personality profile and be entered in a raffle to win an iPod.

SamAntics

These are the changes in making for v7

1. The bird will be the color of v5
2 The flower to the right of the bird will have a pedal or two in front of the bird so he doesnt look placed
3 I am bleeding the colors on that one flower slighting more so it seems like the color is speading out
AND
4 I will try it on more colors but I think what might happen is you might lose the effect.

So please look out for the new version at some point later today

SamAntics

So v7..changed the flower/bird (i might go back and add slightly more color to those other pedals

I tried it on other colors but they are all to dark and you cant even see the image but i can post them i guess...

Suggestions please?!? (Being honest is good!)

SamAntics

i can show it on a shirt again if anyone wants but there are placement photos on other versions

SamAntics

This is just an experiment!!!!

Please look at v7!

alexmdc

looking good! giving you a few suggestions on aim :P

ozf5

Very nice pencil work. What if the grey lines of the bird were darkened a bit to make it stand out more from the flowers.
please check out My Dog can Lick Your Dog.

sgerardo

Very nice! Perhaps you should try and bring the beak out a bit, it gets a little lost at the moment. What if you tried the water droplets in another color?

Please check out my design Girly Circles

SamAntics

ok ill work on the beak thing, the grays, and the drips of paint/water for the next verison.. Thanks

SamAntics

This gives you a little better idea of what this idea could look like...

ideas?

alexmdc

looking a lot better! the beak should be cleaned up a bit, it seems to be getting lost

SamAntics

Two color choices...

SamAntics

Two colors on shirts

Ideas?

SamAntics

Cream or gray?

SamAntics

is there enough paint/water?

opinions or suggestions on anything??
v9 will show you a close up of the design

SamAntics

How would you feel if i did both colors?

simcha123456

Cream is really nice - graete work - man i love it ! chek mine out whan you have time thank you :)

SamAntics

does anyone not like the "paint/water" effect and like v5 better?

karabodegon

it's lovely in cream :)

SamAntics

does everyone like this version the best?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?