Close
One second...

You just can't stop the plagiarism

• by Nei Nei
  • posted Aug 17, 2009
  • 5 Comments

This is my first blog on Threadless :D but on a rather unfortunate note. :/

I recently received a catalogue from an Australian clothing chain called Best & Less in the mail, and noticed a boy's pajama set with exactly the same x-ray dog motif as this shirt. No effort made to alter the design at all, save for a slightly different placement and a few lines of text.

See pajama set here (page 6&7, top left hand corner). There's even an "enlarge image" option so you can see the offending item close up:

Link

I know it can be difficult to pin smaller clothing labels on plagiarism of Threadless tee designs (especially if they slightly alter the design but retain the overall concept), but Best & Less is a relatively large clothing chain in Australia and frankly I'm surprised they thought they could get away with something like this.

So if you are a Threadless fan and live in Australia, please boycott shopping at Best & Less. And if you have never shopped there before, please continue! :D

Watch this
renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

wow, good eye

NiNTH WHEEL
NiNTH WHEEL profile pic Alumni

Nice catch.
clickable link
Send Threadless an email with the link and let theOtherFesta (lawyer) have at it.

Nei Nei

I already did, I doubt if there's much they can do about it though.

4_scooby

I am a teacher that loves Threadless. :)
I get so many comments on this tee and the teaching thing adds some irony. The plagiarism thing is a crapper. What is it w/everybody?

epistaxis2008

both links tell me not available in my area...is there any way to prove which came out first...like 'prior art' in coptyright and patenting

No account?
Join Us