Close
One second...

Life is drawing without and eraser

• by razor165
  • posted Aug 02, 2009
  • 22 Comments

You always hear that there are no new ideas, everything has been done and most have been done to death. Since we cannot change what has come before us, my idea is to take the canvas of history and draw our lives over it, making mistakes, crossing things out and taking chances that don't pay off. But most importantly we must keep leaving our mark.

Simulated Process on black.

Watch this
razor165

You always hear that there are no new ideas, everything has been done and most have been done to death. Since we cannot change what has come before us, my idea is to take the canvas of history and draw our lives over it, making mistakes, crossing things out and taking chances that don't pay off. But most importantly we must keep leaving our mark.

Simulated Process on black.

ryinghill

hmmmm...I'm pondering.

yellowbouncyball

interesting concept but I dont feel this works well on a t-shirt. I would not want to wear that... especially if I had to explain what you just explained in your description to everybody who looked at my shirt with that pondering look. Good try thouh and I think your type looks very cool!

courtney pie

lol @ lives being before life in the dictionary

zackOlantern
zackOlantern profile pic Alumni

I understand what you are trying to say, but this doesn't incorporate itself well on a shirt. Also:

courtney pie on Aug 06 '09
lol @ lives being before life in the dictionary

razor165

I just noticed the lives thing, but in the 1913 Webster's Dictionary which is public domain (thats why I used it) 'lives' is listed right there infront of 'life' like that because it's the plural form I guess. Oh and the description I gave was to explain how its related to new art/new ideas, the quote itself is just something I always liked for its simple analogy between art and life.

schtali

great idea, but potentially too large on the tshirt - too overwhelming. if it was slightly smaller and more emphasis on the word life, even if it was circled or something itd be more effective.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I don't like the super thin linework on the side, and feel that the word "Life" should be emphasized more, otherwise people need to get in really close to appecreciate the shirt.

lawrence loh
lawrence loh profile pic Alumni

its meaningful!

Flyman96

its great but bolding the word LIFE would make it much easier to read... love it anyway!

Flyman96

bio-bot 9000 is right...... great (or possibly the best of) minds think alike

TheloniusMnk

I agree with the above saying it's a neato idea, but doesn't come off as a t-shirt design to me. I like the line work on the edges, though. Nicely done. However, a little smoother and less scribble-y would be ideal, but that's just me talkin

Maddz

I like it!! :)

~Pebbles~

I don't know what these people are talking about. You can just look at it and see what it means! You don't have to explain it... it's right in front of you. I love the saying, i love how it's done, and i love the scribbled people border. I think that is just about great, and shows what the present is and what the future holds. SSDD!

quister
quister profile pic Alumni

Great typography, love the sentiment!

razor165

thanks for all the comments =) and i just noticed another mistake, the title is obviously 'without an eraser' not 'without and eraser' oops

Jeiji

That IS some neat typography. It's pretty cool. I might wear something like this!

No account?