1k critique club challenge

every week there seems to be a new blog written about how much the critique forum sucks ass. it is its own ecosystem of bad designers encouraging bad design and hardly anyone comes out of there with a winning t-shirt (discounting the few times fatheed, alex, or another regular uses the critique system). all of that is a result of the blind leading the blind and a severe lack of good designers (or good bloggers with an eye for good t-shirt design) jumping in to help out.

i'm not saying all this while pretending to be a critique hero or anything. i am hardly ever in there myself, and if you compare the many times i've commented on submitted designs to the times i've critiqued in that other section, it's really pitiful (4584 vs 445). it seems silly because, as much as commenting on finished designs you like with how much you like them is an awesome thing, the critiques need it more.

so i propose a challenge:

try to help out a few designs in the critique section every day in hopes to reach 1000k!!!

if you have already reached this i will add you to the list :)

1000k critique club heros:

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Alumni

how do I know how mnay I critiqued? I try to help as mnay as possible but sometimes its hard to help people hat dont seem to listen so I tend to skip some of them

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

This would be an interesting challenge, though I think that the people in there than can't take criticism well at all would get a bit tiresome.

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

This is a great idea.

Alex, you can go to the "critiques" tab and look at "only participated" or whatever the link is. It shows you everything you've commented on.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

it is tiresome if the person doesn't seem to listen. i think sometimes though, although they don't reply, they do consider it and it may help them with their next design or even just help them get USED to being critiqued.
if they're being a real baby about it though, i'd just ignore them and go to the next person. i think there are a lot of people in there who actually want advice.

brentendo

thought I'd have more than 290 :/

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

apparently I've commented on 339 critiques.

Though I can't claim all of them have likely been "constructive.":}

ginetteginette

i thought i'd have more too. i think one of the reason it seems like less than you have done is because we often critique the same submission multiple times during the persons revisions and the participated tab doesn't count that.

ginetteginette

haha, olie, sames with everyone i'd assume. i think a lot of joke critiques bumped my number up a bit.

ginetteginette

i'd say that's still a critique in a way... even if it's not about the design per say.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I only have 64, ahahaha. I'm lame.

ginetteginette

doh, i forgot critiques get deleted! maybe it will be impossible to reach 1000k...

ginetteginette

way to poke a whole through my blog challenge hector.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

yeah whenever I've used crits in the past I have almost always deleted them when I'm done

ginetteginette

rip critiques challenge, hahaha.

taz-pie

woahh i am only on 25! i seem to lack the dedication for commenting on critiques. voting is exhausitng enough!!

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

197!
you could still do the 1k challenge, seeing as not every critique gets deleted. probably just a small percent, really.

Phiffer

i am at 219 but 99% of those are joke ones.

ginetteginette

yayy! i'm so happy to see that people are busy critiquing stuff already :)

taz-pie

html fail :(

Phiffer

taz-pie link fail

taz-pie

:D thanks dooder

nasmo
nasmo profile pic Alumni

Oh that's just mean.

Phiffer

word double dooder!

bcrider

I was going to ask about the ones that get deleted too... I've had a few in my blog that have disappeared without a trace. :(

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Also, what's the prize? I ain't entering no challenge that doesn't give out a prize!

hopes the prize is a can of cream soda

Kim456

fantastic idea Ginette!!!

Heavenward Bound

great idea, one of the things i miss most about my time at university were the crit session we used to have with our tutors and students, always found them really useful, sometimes it's hard to see past your own design when you've been working on for any length of time. Since i'm not in any arty job I don't get that kind of feedback anymore...so i'm up for it!

T-Lou
T-Lou profile pic Alumni

This could also be good challenge for the "Critique Club" Members out there - can I link this page in the Critique Club blog too GG?

ginetteginette

randyotter: i don't know for sure because i don't remember anything you have critiqued by heart nor do i remember seeing you write anything stupid in critiques so i'd say you are probably on track. the nice thing about critiques is that a lot of people can have differing opinions about how something should be done and that's a good thing when the artist can view different suggestions and choose which path they think will work best. even if even 1% of your critique is helpful in the end, i think it's still worth saying...

and yes you can link this t-lou!

heykimby

This is a great idea.

I'm on 55... I though it would have been way more than that. I must get to work!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us