read between the lines

• by emplifya
  • posted Jul 14, 2009
  • 28 Comments

one of the 7 elements of design;

Lines

the design is made entirely using only lines and the words quite literally lines in between the lines

Watch this
emplifya

one of the 7 elements of design;
Lines

the design is made entirely using only lines and the words quite literally lines in between the lines

GreenRabbit

I'm not sure about the "I really" part. I think it would be better the way you have it in your title.

HaloGirl

Quite clever indeed!

I agree with GreenRabbit, though, about dropping "I really," or at least "really."

SLVG

yes I'd like it to read like the title too

.pop

great ! i totally agree for dropping the "i really".

emplifya

noted.. it was supposed to be kind of a funny quote, like telling people "hey i literally read between the lines man"

but, i will update the design if it get chosen!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I agree, put the OG phrase into this design and you have a winner on you hands...or on your shirt on Threadless, screw your hands. Great idea here!

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

This treatment is straight off that Typographic book but what bothers me is the random breaks in vertical line's spacing.

Lankydee

Cool Emplifya! Cool...

emplifya

oh there are no random breaks in the actual design.. its looks this way probably cos the system couldnt process the fine lines properly..

greenttentacle

I think it'd look cool with the lines overt he whole tee

pickupRINGO

the concept its pretty nice!!

Hands 55

yeah if the lines extended over the entire tee, it would look better.

HangBok XD

i think i'd disagree with Hands 55... it's alright as it is.

HangBok XD

and i agree with previous comments on the "i really".. i think it'd have more impact with the original four words:
READ
BETWEEN
THE
LINES
no? i dunno, just my opinion..

Nice.s.t.e.e.

whoa optical fade in illusion...

Foka

I really love optical effects!

Skilly

No I really. I'd like to see differeing line lengths to get amore randomised effect. at the moment, what we have here is a box shape on a Tee, which is one of my pet peeves. And the world should function how I wish it to, so sort it out or off with your head!

TheW

nice nice.

tom550

great design idea. but like everyone is saying i would change the saying a little.

Bryankizer

AWESOME DESIGN, i like optical effects alot, good job emplifya!

bhoomika

nice.. should be belt print.

wwwakeupmaggie

ditto the dropping "i really" part,
but this is a great design idea.

No account?
Join Us