I just noticed something... whats up with the resurgence of AA tees?

Ok well I just was going through printed designs and was happily adding things to my cart to place an order when I realized that not all the new prints are on threadless tees... what gives? there are american apparel tees mixed in. And surprisingly more frequently.

I wanted hogboys new print this morning... but it's AA. I wanted Miss Mezo's recent print but again... it's AA. What gives? AA shirts suck so hard for girls. (I understand guys like them my bf does.. but they don't work for girls)

AA and Threadless brand are not even comparable! How are we supposed to shop for sizes? Despite the size chart showing them to fit the same they totally don't. I have to always size up one or two sizes to think about fitting into an AA shirt. AA's are itchy, thick, and don't have any stretch in them. Threadless is much softer and thinner. AA's neck holes are so small I feel like my shirt is strangling me... threadless's necklines are at least nicely set further away from my neck. AA girls shirts are cut in boxs shapes suitable only for little boys and are way too short. Threadless is curvy and decent in length.

So now what?? I have to cross my fingers and HOPE that a shirt I want is printed on threadless and not AA?? I can't use the stock chart without having to open every design and checking to see if it's threadless or AA?

I just assumed that since threadless was making their own tees that ALL shirts would be printed on threadless cuts from then on. At least that was what was implied. The full transition away from AA into threadless. It's been like a year.. I think the transition period is over.

So yeah... AA = No buy no matter how much I love the design. It won't fit right unless I put out the extra effort to order up and then rip them apart at the seams and resize them to fit. I'd do it once or twice for a shirt on sale but not every time I want to order something.

Is Threadless not using their own tee brand anymore? There are way too many new shirts on AA.

/end rant

Watch this
pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I know I totally want this shirt

but I don't want to buy any more American Apparel tees because they're so uncomfortable I won't wear it...

:(

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

Actually I really like that some of their designs are still on AA. I like Threadless tees but AA fits me so much better, and I'm much more likely to buy a design if it's printed on that!

I assume they're trying to finish up their old stock.

Krakaboom
Krakaboom profile pic Alumni

The other day I wore one of my old brown FOTL shirts and was feeling uncomfortable all day! It was awful.

downtownregis

it really is so true! my "stupid cupid" is really like a box-- straight side s and super short, whereas my "a friend's job" fits perfect!
they should stick to their tees for sure :) !

pyr4lis

I guess and I can see that some guys like the AA shirts better which is cool. I'm just more ranting from a girls point of view cause the quality and fit is so major between the two brands it's is the difference between being able to buy a shirt I'll love to wear because it's comfortable OR not buying it OR buying it but not wearing it cause it doesn't feel comfortable.

I just wish that there had been some sort of statement or a warning from threadless staff or something. I could have placed a really big order on the assumption that since threadless has been making their own tees for so long that everything would be on that going forward. I actually thought that they had made a statement when they introduced their own tees that all shirts would be on their own brand.

It would have been a nasty surprise finding American Apparel tees in my order.

Jeiji

Yeah, I see your point. I like the Threadless tees, too. They fit me much more comfortably, but the AA tees aren't THAT bad for me. I guess I'm a pretty generic size for a guy, lol...

pyr4lis

Well again my main issue is that they didn't make any announcement or warning that they were switching back to AA? LOTS of the new prints are on AA.

If that is the case I'm going to have to go back to ordering bigger sizes, ripping them apart, and re-sewing them back into a cut that is more comfortable. And if I have to go through all that work I'm going to be alot more selective about what I'm buying and will have to invest time to fix.

pyr4lis

UGH!!! I want Hogboys new print this morning soooo bad. But noooo it's on AA!! What gives!!

pyr4lis

I guess I'm the only one annoyed by this?

T-Lou
T-Lou profile pic Alumni

Maybe it's just a girl thing?
I love the fit of TL tees. I have an old AA one and I agree that the fabric is thick and not a good cut for someone with boobage ;)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

S0rry to bust up the AA hate party, but i couldn't be hapier with everything returning to AA shits, they are by far my fav and fit me best. Sorry to all who enjoy the Threadless brand more!

stalliongsta

AA has more colors. three designs this week are on AA shirts, in colors that threadless shirts don't come in: mint, grass, slate.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

FRICKINAWESOME on Jul 06 '09 at 8:39pm
S0rry to bust up the AA hate party, but i couldn't be hapier with everything returning to AA shits, they are by far my fav and fit me best.

phillydesigner
phillydesigner profile pic Alumni

S0rry to bust up the AA hate party, but i couldn't be hapier with everything returning to AA shits, they are by far my fav and fit me best.

I couldn't agree more!!! AA rocks the fucking house!

pyr4lis

i guess it's just me. i think what irks me the most was the fact that there was no announcement or anything warning people they were switching back if that is what they're doing.

all i know is that now i've got a GC that i'm having a tough time spending because most of the designs i want are on AA. I already own a bunch of threadless AA's that I never wear because the fit's so bad.

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

I don't have any Threadless-brand shirts, but I've never had a problem with AA. I actually like them a lot.

Are the Threadless tees that much tighter/stretchier?

chelly

i don't fit into any of the girly aa shirts and it is bullarky to still be printing on them at this point. i get pretty annoyed w/ having to pay attn to what brand the shirt is when they are new shirts, although i do understand when looking at old inventory. but hey, it makes some ppl happy so i guess that's how it's going to be until the aa's are all gone.

T-Lou
T-Lou profile pic Alumni

S0rry to bust up the AA hate party, but i couldn't be hapier with everything returning to AA shits, they are by far my fav and fit me best. Sorry to all who enjoy the Threadless brand more!

Evan, you obviously don't have boobs then...

whisper in water

I am sad about it. AA totally blows for girls. When shirts that I bought a long time ago on AA get reprinted on T-less brand shirts, I seriously contemplate re-buying them because ugh, AA fits so poorly :(

whisper in water

I don't have boobs but I do have a waist... Yeah, the female body does not tend to be a straight line from armpit to hips, fun fact. Curse you, AA.

phillydesigner
phillydesigner profile pic Alumni

Evan, you obviously don't have boobs then...

haha....

pyr4lis

lol well thanks for the support girls! :) Honestly I could care less what they print on for guys shirts... if guys like AA thats fine by me.

But girls have boobs (even the little ones count!) and something called a WAISTLINE! AA is not flattering on girls.

Now if the boys want me, and most of the other girls, to hide what we've got in giant AA sack of a tee shirt! lol..

mllesatine

Late, but another girl chiming in. I hate the way AA shirts fit. I have boobs and hips but a small waist and they look boxy and terrible. The threadless ones are so flattering. I've given up buying anything on AA because it is never, ever flattering, and I've been so disappointed by how many awesome designs are coming out in AA lately.

mismonaut
mismonaut profile pic Alumni

This reminds me of the old blogs about AA vs FotL.

squatterjohn

FOTL was rubbish. I'm so glad they got rid of it.

No account?
Join Us