King Seahorse Expects An Heir

This is my first ever submission to Threadless, finally.

King Seahorse is a design I've been messing with for awhile and finally got up the courage to submit. I would like the baby seahorse to appear in UV or maybe Glow ink. As for shirt colors, I was thinking light blue, turquoise, or maybe sand.

Thanks for looking & critiquing!

Watch this
LichksnessMonster

This is my first ever submission to Threadless, finally.
King Seahorse is a design I've been messing with for awhile and finally got up the courage to submit. I would like the baby seahorse to appear in UV or maybe Glow ink. As for shirt colors, I was thinking light blue, turquoise, or maybe sand.

Thanks for looking & critiquing!

evan3
evan3 profile pic Alumni

i am thinking if it is uv
then make the fetus purple
or some color that would really shock someone
the color of the crown if possible
but i like it
mind a commenting?

Icko64

Yeah, right now the fetus seems to be fading into the yellow color of the King. Purple would look awesome. ^^

Check my designs out? Plz?

rafles

so interesting idea!) good, sub it

LichksnessMonster

thanks, everyone!

Brightwood: I've only used Flash once, like a year ago... no idea how to do anything with it, even though Threadless has that template and all.

I will try changing the baby seahorse to purple.

Thanks for the ideas!

LichksnessMonster

I got some suggestions to change the color of the seahorse fetus to purple so it would stand out more in UV.
I tried the same dark purple as the crown, and I thought it made the baby look really strange and not as...cute? So, I went with this lavender. Let me know what you think.
Still 6 colors on a light blue or sand colored tee.

Thanks for looking!

Carixpig

Interesting idea. I don't know how much support you'll get revisiting the seahorse theme, but you never know.

You have to ask yourself about UV ink - how often will the wearer be under UV light? Will anyone else care?

My suggestion is to try to make this design work just as an image. I think that at the moment it is not really delivering a strong concept and the style is not quite cute, not quite technical and not quite beautiful.

Maybe start by picking on of the three styles just mentioned, and really go for it. It might not be used inn your final design but it might be a good way to get some inspiration to make this a really wow piece.

Do male seahorses bear the foetus?

LichksnessMonster

Male seahorses do get pregnant and give birth to the baby. I thought that would make this different from other seahorse ideas.
I thought UV ink showed up in sunlight - does it not? Do people not go outdoors anymore?

Sir.Maticus

i never knew males did. To be honest I couldnt tell it was male from first glance. I say I agree with Carixpig make the picture more dynamic as a standalone sometimes you don't have to use uv ink you can just make a ghosted image. The only way I can see now making this a standalone image is to completely go crazy detailing it and add a lot of depth. OTher then that it does have great potential!!

Katkando

I agree that it has a lot of potential too. I'd say just add a lot more detail to it also, but other than that it's good :) I'm not really sure how to differentiate it being male other than the crown, because seahorses look the same, don't they? lol. Add a mustache maybe? lol, not sure what else to do.

I thought the UV showed up in sunlight too. There's a vampire shirt from Threadless that does that, right? I'm not sure of the title right now, but it's from a couple of months ago I think.

No account?
Join Us