Close
One second...

So I was wondering.........

Looking at the fine print of the newest "Threadless Loves" contest, you have to be 18 or older to win. Yet, you can enter designs as young as 13.

So, it's probably the same with a lot of other contests on here, and does that mean that for those 5 years you're just SOL?

Watch this
tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

anyone under 18 wins a Tonka Truck instead

Tess Fondie

why is it 18? instead of 16..?

just have mom enter in your design =)

squatterjohn

I think it's only because of the car. Maybe Travel was too, with the Iceland trip. But usually, there's just some sort of goodie-bag with Loves comps that doesn't require you to be 18.

Tess Fondie

why do you need to be 18 to get a car though?

nachoman

Granted it isn't likely a 13 year old is gonna be sweeping the competition, it's possible a 17.9 year old could submit something decent.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

because in the U.S. you're not legally allowed to own a car if you're under 18, i believe. you can drive one, but you can't buy one.

squatterjohn

I dunno. It's just the rules on every contest with a car in it here. Or else they say if the winner is under 18 the prize will be awarded to the parent or guardian. Same with trips, I think a kid can win but there's a similar disclaimer that they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. So there's probably a rule or law about it somewhere. Or else it might just be really complicated. Like a kid would need their parents' permission to have a car. It gives them independence and things the parents might not want, so giving a car to a minor could just open a can of worms with the families.

nachoman

Hm.

Well okay then.

No account?
Join Us