Most Over-Submitted Slogans
The Most Over-Submitted Slogans
Slogans that have been Over-Submitted the Most
Over-Submitted Slogans - The Most
(or some variation)
Disclaimer: This is meant to be a little honest, a little helpful, and a little funny, so please try not to take it too seriously.
1. ___% of statistics are made up on the spot. (or some variation)
-We get it, your random statistic about statistics is made up. I'm pretty sure 98.25% of these are no longer that funny.
2. ADD/ADHD causes me to be distracted by random items or events around me. (or some variation)
-ADD is very...oh , look, another ADD slogan.
3. I forget why I wrote this slogan about amnesia. (or some variation)
-I remember the last time I enjoyed one of these slogans, or do I?
4. Dyslexia is hrad to sllep. (or some variation)
-Yup, some disabilities are funny as long as they are harmless. Dyslexia jokes were funny, 15 years ago. Now they're just kind of odl.
5. Sdrawkcab si trihs siht. (noitairav emos ro)
-It takes more effort to type backwards than it does to come up with this idea. Esle gnihtemos yrt.
6. Spel Chek (or some variation)
-Spelling is hard and spell check makes it easier, but for some reason, you didn't check the spelling on this slogan. Isn't that funy?
7. Pirates say arrrr in words with the letter "r". (or some variation)
-Cartoon pirates say "arrrrr". Real pirates have machine guns and arrrrren't very nice. Not to mention the fact that pirate jokes arrrrrre getting pretty old.
8. Ninjas, zombies, vampires, cannibals, and other interesting people/creatures/other do things. (or some variation)
-Ninjas are quiet, zombies eat brains, vampires drink blood, cannibals eat people, I get it...
9. When life gives you lemons...do something clever. (or some variation)
-When life gives you lemons, you better have the most incredibly clever slogan because this is subbed everyday. (p.s. mine aren't that great either)
10. I heart things. (or some variation)
-You probably don't actually heart that thing as much as you are claiming you do. Also, a "less than" symbol and the number three is not a heart.
11. You are reading my shirt. (or some variation)
-Yes I am. And that's because I can read, or I'm looking at your boobs, or you're reading my mind, or you wasted 10 seconds of my life because I was reading, or...
12. This shirt is ironic/clever/witty/etc. (or some variation)
-Umm...I guess it is...a little...Next thing your gonna tell me is that you got 500 bucks for it...
13. + = __. (or some variation)
-So we all know how hilarious math can be. I mean Pi jokes, you just can't get enough of them, right? Something + Something = Something Else just ain't that clever. The use of this type of slogan is approaching infinity and is getting old exponentially.
14. I recently saw a movie and I am going to quote it on this shirt.
-This is lame for two reasons. 1. It's not at all clever or interesting. 2. You are spoiling movies I haven't seen yet. Same goes for TV shows. Not everyone is caught up on the new episodes of The Office/30 Rock/Always Sunny/etc. Don't get cocky because you have DVR.
15. Insert stand-up comedians joke here.
-Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Demetri Martin, Nick Thune, etc. have really good one-liners that could be a slogan. I think I'll submit it and no one will notice.
Look, I like stand-up comedy too, but seriously, don't submit their jokes as slogans. That's plagiarism...speaking of plagiarism...
16. I saw this slogan on a shirt on another t-shirt site and thought it was funny, so I submitted it here.
-And this is called copyright infringement, plagiarism, annoying, dumb, pointless...take your pick.
Now I'm not saying that I have not been guilty of all of these at one time or another. I am quite sure that many, if not most, of my slogans have been done. These are the most overdone.
P.S. Leave any examples that I have missed so we can add it to the list. Heck, if one of mine is an example of what not to do, that's fine with me.