Close
One second...

The Gaming Revolution

I don't want to overcomplicate the idea behind the tee too much so i'll just say this; all consoles (i think) are represented from the NES to PS3, the NES being the home console which brought the gaming industry back to life.

Cheers to everyone who voted and commented on this,

Sean
x

Watch this
alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!

congrats!!!

gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

this print is a pleasant surprise!

kireme_soen

It's so amazing that I HAVE to have it. Today. After I'd sworn off of buying more tees. (I lasted for a whole month, too!)

Great work, and congrats! :)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

:) Looks great. A great buy for gamers anywhere.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I adore this man and big props for Threadless printing something flirting the edge of copyright infringement yet in the most creative way possible.

BLueSS

I like it, but out of all the major systems, there isn't a large size NES controller. :\<br />
Size-wise, it goes Wii, N64, Xbox, GameGear, Genesis, Gameboy/DS/Xbox 360, Playstation, SNES, Gamecube, Dreamcast... ETC BUT THE NES ISN'T IN THE LIST! :O

BLueSS

And by "in the list" I meant the list of large-size controllers.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Congrats! It looks great on the tee.

maddingo

why is it a Left fist but the (righties?)

in the pic are holding up their right fists?

meh..

LEFT POWAR!

(righty is going to pay!!!!!)

stothemofob
stothemofob profile pic Alumni

cheers everyone. i was pleasantly surprised too. sorry about the lack of a large NES pad. And as for the flirting question, it may have been taken from there but as it was only pieced together in a rough outline i don't see the problem. you are probably right though, i should have drawn my own fist from memory.

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

Congrats! Looks awesome!

Waltuo

Hi, I imagine you might be interested in this. I'm not sure if you are in any way working with these guys, but I don't think so??:

http://www.hurtfulshirts.com/product.php?id_product=46

So in short, at time of writing this they have this same design available for order on their site (they also seem to carry other stolen/ripped work).. or at the very least they claim so, who knows if they'll ever actually ship anything. Now I don't know what can be done regarding this (if anything), but I just thought to inform you, as being a designer myself it sickens me to see other peoples hard-worked designs stolen like this..

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

^uh oh!

Take em down, Legal Team!

Krimson
Krimson profile pic Alumni

way to go.

zogger

dustmonk the fist is a public domain image so there is no copyright infringement for using that particular image

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

congrats! :D

buko
buko profile pic Alumni

Congrats!

BubuSam
BubuSam profile pic Alumni

congrats yah

shatteredshards

No old-school joystick?

You left the Atari representation to the Jaguar? I still play on a 78oo; I'm a sad panda.

stothemofob

no joysticks unfortunately, i based the design after 1983, if i'd used all consoles things would have got out of hand.

i checked that link and it's been taken down, i don't understand why they think they can do that.

Peachbeach
Peachbeach profile pic Alumni

Congrats! I'm absolutely not a gamer, but this shirt RUUULEZ!

pyko

congrats this looks awesome!

Waltuo

I'm glad the link got taken down. At least that shows that the seller had either a change of heart or some common sense, as it was going to backfire on him in the end. I hope he didn't sell any before the item was withdrawn..

stothemofob

Yeah, me too. I don't even know how he could do something like the that. the beauty of the tee is in the fine detail so without vector artwork the print would have been bad

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

stothemofob on Apr 14 '09 at 3:17am
no joysticks unfortunately, i based the design after 1983, if i'd used all consoles things would have got out of hand.

You punny punny bastard you!

AnimeJet

Congratulations, this tee reminded me of just again how well designed threadless tees are, especially compared to some other tee sites. I love the large and small icons and the way everything is placed together!

That site that stole your work is pretty sad too, they have another threadless design to, i wonder how i would report that?

neeker

Beautiful shirt. I don't really like red color, but I bought it anyway.

jon at MyStar

Well done son, im proud of you! I would wear it if I didn't have such a big red head!

tymn
tymn profile pic Alumni

You know, I hate to point this out because I like the shirt, but this hand looks an awful lot like this logo designed by matchstic

stothemofob

have you emailed matchstic telling them they ripped off the communists?

tymn
tymn profile pic Alumni

Wow, I'm retarded.
I always knew that the closed fist was a symbol for revolution, I've just seen many variations of the fists. Never realized how close these were to the originals.

Sorry about that.

stothemofob

it's cool, sorry if i was a bit abrupt. the matchstic logo idea thing is cool

Pennyness

This is the best shirt ever!!!!!!

Rmg12gra

I love this t shirt so much

stothemofob

REPRINTED! Thanks everyone who bought it first time around and requested a reprint.

Also, it's on American Apparel for men this time so I'll be buying it again.

Sean
x

jtothemofop

This tee stinks. Sean Mort wouldn't know a good idea if i hit him on the head with it and ate the evidence.

EcKa

The guys and gals at my local play n trade are going to love this tee.

thebelge

Please reprint this! I must have this!
Also if you could make this into a hoodie that would be amazing!

VizualByte

not intending to derail this but arent all those controllers copyrighted/trade marked? Im confused by all those copyright laws...

Friff14

@VizualByte,

Yes, the game companies own the rights to the controllers, but not the visual look of them. If another company wanted to make a controller with exactly the same look (see http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/01/px-3600-console/ ), then that's totally legal. As is using the look for a tee shirt design. They just can't use the logos from the companies, as you see Mr. Mort hasn't. So this shirt is totally legal.

ZakirG

aw man what no PSP? haha awesome design! :D

stothemofob

Yep. I did it on purpose. It's my favourite album of all time so I just had to get a design on Threadless based on a Tom Robinson sleeve.

No account?
Join Us