Close
One second...

Threadless Biggest Loser 2009!

update:You send me a picture with your weight and a piece of paper with your userID from threadless and the date so I know it's real. I am the only one that see's this picture. I only post the % gained or lost from week to week. Noone actually knows what you weight but you and I.

It's that time again! We haven't done this since 2007 but last time there was a good turn out and some awesome prizes! We will begin 4/13/2009 and that should give everyone that wants to enter a chance to contact me. Winners will be announced June 1st. (roughly 8 weeks)

If you want in on the contest
email me at jmajeroni[at]gmail[dot]com with your username on here, real name and current weight. Each week I will have you send me a picture of you on a scale with a piece of paper with that day's date in the picture someplace. I need to be able to read the number.

Prize List (we also need a cool logo)
If you are interesting in contributing to the prize list please email me as well.

• gift certificate from mindtrance for new threadless clothes

2007 Contest

Spring is a time for Regrowth, Rebirth and Regeneration... We all tend to put on some winter fat over the months (especially with Christmas, Superbowl, etc) so it's time to shed that weight!

2007 Winners (based on % lost)
ytfelmi 5.93%
$50 Gift Certificate from Bob Nannas
A Random Art Print from valorandvellum
Door Prize from Threadless

vindemiatrix 5.83%
$20 Gift Certificate from Mindtrance
Random Art Print from J-Ray

pyr4lis 5.33%
$20 Gift Certificate from grypesagon

Everyone got a door prize from Threadless that hung in there until the end.

I'll be checking with Threadless into some official prizes and sponsorship just like last time (thanks Mr. Bob for last time!) I'm thinking of seeing if we can pick a theme for this competition and have people design some shirts... once a shirt winner is picked it get's a print and each person that stays with the contest gets one at the end along with other prizes.

Feedback? GO!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
zipperking

hmm...i'll sign up. i was going to start skating more anyway to build my endurance for softball. good luck man!

mindtrance

Any ideas on a theme for the shirts we can design to? It needs to be something that has to do with getting healthy.

HorsefaceDee

why is it called the biggest loser?...can someone elaborate on this concept? sounds like fun

TheInfamousBaka

It's a show Dee! Also, I'd enter because I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I'm so damned lazy.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
1 design submitted - Score now!

because you lose the most weight you win

Maltzmania

i need to gain weight yo!

this is offensive to skinny people

HorsefaceDee

ooohhhhh ..well then I should def be in! I could stand to loose a few

garciagirl

I'm in! I really need to lose some (a lot of) weight!

ivejustquitsmoking

Maltzmania on Apr 01 '09 at 12:59pm

HorsefaceDee

guys are always skinnier!! booooo

rodrigobhz

ivejustquitsmoking on Apr 01 '09 at 1:03pm

garciagirl

rodrigobhz on Apr 01 '09 at 1:11pm

God, I wish I had this problem :)

Mya Jamila

Is weight loss judged by the size relationship between you and the paper between the beginning and end or do participants send in weight that only the judge/jury (you?) see?

garciagirl

^Wait, wut?
Are you asking if we have to tell everyone our weight, cause I kind of wondered that too...

emilymmkay

aren't lumps and bumps what this is trying to get rid of?
But like.. I would so do this.

Krimson

Yeah, can we do the opposite as well. Skinny people try to put on 5-10% body mass?

emilymmkay

I'm not really that worried about telling the internet my weight, but I kind of so don't really want to do that right now maybe?

Like.. maybe just you in the beginning?

garciagirl

^That sounds good to me too :)

Alex1412

Cool but I don't really understand how the picture we should send should be... could anyone please explain it to me?
Thanks

garciagirl

^That sounds good to me :)

garciagirl

^That sounds good to me :)

Alex1412

Cool! but I don't really understand how the picture we should send should be... could anyone please explain it to me? Thanks

skeev

So...would you write the date on the paper with the weight you wrote?

So the picture needs to be of me, on a scale, holding a paper with the date and weight.

I could get into this. I'm already trying to lose weight anyways.

mindtrance

You send me a picture with your weight and a piece of paper with your userID from threadless and the date so I know it's real. I am the only one that see's this picture. I only post the % gained or lost from week to week. Noone actually knows what you weight but you and I.

shirtflirt

mindtrance is a perv!

mindtrance

you're a perv, you are the one that wanted to see everyone's feet!

mindtrance

april fools! He just a perv.

shirtflirt

makes me wanna chainsaw you into meatloaf

mindtrance

bring it bitch.

shirtflirt

i would if you weren't going to bed so early like a 95 yr old grandpa

OlliRudi

do amputations count towards the percentage? i'm fairly sure someone can lose at least 25-40% by lobbing off a leg or two

Mya Jamila

LoL.

I'm sort of interested though I realize that my goal is more to exercise more than lose weight and I don't think I'll actually lose any weight.
(Some of my medication sort of prevents that.)

garciagirl

Wow, sorry about the multiple posts up there, the blogs weren't cooperating with my computer last night.

I'm excited about this! I really wanted to lose some weight for the summer, and this will help keep me motivated.

skeev

We have to be on a scale in the picture though? I use the scale at the grocery store, it'd be strange if I was there every week taking pictures.

Otherwise I am interested, if I could just remember to email you the info when I am at home I'd be set.

mindtrance

Do you have a camera phone? If not, buy a house scale for like $10 from walmart.

mindtrance

btw - those of you that are interested, email me per the instructions above so I can start building a list please.

mindtrance

bump for the healthy lunchtime hours.

shirtflirt

the biggest boozer

garciagirl

I'll email when I get home...
:)

psherman42

rodrigobhz on Apr 01 '09 at 1:11pm

but good luck to the participants

mindtrance

thanks for the email garciagirl.

Kaele

Im in!

jpiatt

I'll probably do this. It'll be a few days though. I have to go to the zoo to get weighed.

Krimson

I suppose I could try to go from 'dangerously skinny' to 'emaciated buddah'

skeev

How would percentage lost be fair though? I mean, if a 160 pound person lost 5% they'd have lost 8 pounds. Yet if a 260 pound person lost 4.9% they'd have lost more weight at 12.74 pounds.

For being offensive to skinny people it definitly favors them.

skeev

On the other hand it is supposed to be easier to lose weight when you're heavier and eventually get harder...so nature favors the heavy among us.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?