Close
One second...

Dorka

• by Tiger21
  • posted Mar 29, 2009
  • 13 Comments

Second critique. Drew everything myself except for the stack of books, I used paintshop for those. Concept is a dorky orca whale hence the name, dorka.

please help me on making this better than I've done it!

Watch this
Tiger21

Second critique. Drew everything myself except for the stack of books, I used paintshop for those. Concept is a dorky orca whale hence the name, dorka.

please help me on making this better than I've done it!

ideleon

Well, he definitely needs some sort of background so that he doesn't just float on the shirt; nothing too fancy. I would also suggest filling in the tie all red. Maybe the books aren't necessary. I would hand draw them too.

Tiger21

thanks!

Tiger21

added hand drawn books and colored in the tie

ideleon

That looks much better. You might want to consider coloring in the pens in his pocket as well and see how that looks.

Tiger21

good idea. what do you think about the glasses? bigger?

Tiger21

my friend put it in high res for me.

any ideas about the glasses or the pens in the pocket protector? lemme know. thanks!

Tiger21

changed book colors so that there are 8 colors total

Tiger21

Changed to light blue

Tiger21

the darker blue looks a lot better. i think that one is good

Tiger21

6 colors in all instead of all the others

antinomialpanda

Make the design a little smaller and try to center it a bit more. A lighter coloured shirt would probably work better with the playfulness ofthe design. You wondered a lot about the glasses. I would suggest making them a tad bit bigger to emphasize his dorkiness, and maybe giving him blue eyes or brightly-coloured glasses so that the viewer can better distinguish between the glasses and the actual orca.
Maybe give him a backpack?
K, that's all. Keep working on it, Curbs. You're going the right way. Just a few minor changes!

Tiger21

yea..... well... i kind of already submitted it. but thanks. maybe if they decline it i'll make more changes and they'll take it

thanks yannickin

buddhahopper

hmm interesting. Hey a question, do you draw with just the mouse of the computer or do you scan the image in some how or some kind of pen mouse? Please comment backhere

No account?
Join Us