Close
One second...

Where the Wild Things Are

I think its been about four years since I've heard news of the movie, and since then I've been waiting and waiting. Now they finally have a trailer! and a poster!!!!(!) I can truly die happy now. What are your thoughts on the film and trailer?

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n495Tn7jn-w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n495Tn7jn-w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

HD versions at apple.com/trailers

Watch this
WarDrobeInSpareOom

Hahahahaha.

I think this is the fourth blog I've seen this trailer in.

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

I watched this thing like 10 times already. I can't wait for the movie!

Omair

me too, andyg! we should have a viewing party.

PuterBoy

I read some of the script and the whole rock fight thing sounds so good.

westicles

Arcade Fire!

xnarx

I'm excited (:

Chipmnk

It seems a lot artsier than I thought it would be. Not that that's a bad thing.

And I'm glad they didn't pour a bucket of CGI all over it.

SuperRyan
SuperRyan profile pic Alumni

The trailer definately gave this movie a mood/tone I did not expect.

I mean that in a great way.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

And I'm glad they didn't pour a bucket of CGI all over it.

"I wanted them to actually be there. I think as a kid I wouldn't imagine them as a cartoon. I would imagine they were in my world. There's a danger with Max being there ona real location. Dangerous and exciting. I wanted it to feel that you could hug them"
-Spike Jonze

Chipmnk

Exactly!

mybelle717

OMFG!!!!! THE TRAILER IS FINALLY OUT!!! Seriously, this has always been and always will be my favorite book! I have given it out as a gift at least 26 times!

Omair

this is so good.

rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I never heard about the book, but Spike Jonze + James Gandolfini + Arcade Fire = WIN.

mike bautista

I know Ryan! I just felt so good watching it. Everyone just running around and throwing stuff and having fun adventures. I read that the part of the trailer when one Wild Thing threw that other Wild thing into the air is when they're doing their wild rumpus.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i never read this book and so it isn't part of my childhood or anything and even i'm excited about this movie. it really looks wonderful

SuperRyan

Judging from only the photos, I had the idea it was much much more serious than what it appears to be.

And I'm very glad with how the movie is looking!

SuperRyan

This movie will be huge.

Omair

I'm so happy

mike bautista

I had the idea it was much much more serious than what it appears to be.

There was this huge controversy over the movie last year. It was supposed to come out last October, but test screenings showed that kids were scared of it and parents got in a hissy fit because of it. So the studio wanted reshoots or something. But I guess a part of that is false, since Jonze came out with a statement saying everything was good.

And ginette, I can't tell you if you can read the book now and have the same effect it has had on some of us who have read it as a child. But from a fan of the book, I can tell you that from the trailer, it seems to have caught absolutely everything I've felt when I first read it. Absolutely beautiful, I feel like I've just read it for the first time.

ndstillie
ndstillie profile pic Alumni

love this version of the song!

PuterBoy

I heard that he is just adding stuff and not taking away anything after the reshoots.

mike bautista

That's good to hear.
I know he said that since the beginning, he knew that it wouldn't be a children's movie. Or a typical one, I guess. He didn't want to candy coat it and present the movie the way the book was presented.

No account?
Join Us