this is the type of calvin and hobbes design i hate

nenmusicas

Very cool! I´d wear it!!! 5$$$

Check out my slogans if you have some time

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

aaww hahaha

amishg

I think its ok but needs realism...i dont know whether its supposed to be ironic but the cartoon figure needs work. I like the effect.

ph03n1x

this is just effin awesome... 5$

the czar

Shadowed front is way too dark

luc415

great idea. not too keen on the execution.

Illustr8r

don't mess with C&H.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

i was about to say, don't let brian see this design

wish i coulda made it here sooner to warn him

martyq

yeah... that is dark.... but I like it.

DivineAna

(why does everybody assume that childhood has to end?)

fortetwo

Someone needs therapy. I like it but I won't be wearing it. (By the way in the next episode does Calvin end up in Arkham?)

RedSoccer

I like Calvin and Hobbes,but not like that

SwayDe

Hes crying, thsi woul do terrible in sales, especially calvin and hobbes fans= everyone

4wordsback

I love Calvin and Hobbes just as much as the next person. I enjoy all aspects of his personality and his adventures. I've have several of Bill Watterson's books and have reread the comics over and over.
My Grandma got me my first book when i was ten and i have found it to be the most clever comic strip i have ever read.

Every now and then while I'm reading the comic I come to a realization (that will only appear for a split sec) that everything that is happening is in Calvin's head.
With that idea one day i decided to make this piece.
I chose to make the artwork dark because the sad truth behind the comic is dark.

Calvin is alone.

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Bill Watterson has said that the nature of Hobbes is left purposely ambiguous in the strip. I think he'd be sad if he saw this.

I think I'd be sad. :(

4wordsback

then the emotion i wanted to portray in the artwork has succeeded

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Sorry folks, I think this is a pretty intense and well-thought-out and designed dark version of the C&H's saga. It doesn't matter what Bill Watteron intended, because this is what THIS artist saw as the ultimate truth and reality of the situation. I'm not sure i would wear this but i like both the emotion of the scene AND how you managed to avoid copyright infringement plus conveyed the sentiment you were going for with such a little amount of the characters seen. Well done man!

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

People gave me flack for my C&H design too - it's like messing with the holy grail :) I would work on Calvin's shoulders - they seem too broad and square to me. Also maybe brighten the colors just a tad - the're a lil' poopy.

maddingo

=\ boo don't fuck w/ Hobbes yo

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

why're there so many c&h designs lately???

ph03n1x

I second FA's defense:
This design expresses beautifully what the designer intended to express, and should be judged on those grounds rather than how good it doesn't make us feel.

The day that a design gets shot down for being dark and depressing is a very sad day indeed.

Did I mention that I'd wear this?
Because I would.
In fact, I'd LOVE to!

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

regardless of the content, it's not drawn very well

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

overall i think the execution brings this one down more than anything

evan3
evan3 profile pic Alumni

sad...

DrBaloo

Brilliant... absolutely brilliant.

Boo to the naysayers.

jaywalkergraphics

staffell on Mar 15 '09 regardless of the content, it's not drawn very well

wullagaru on Mar 15 '09 overall i think the execution brings this one down more than anything

I will third this sentiment, although it was a secondary issue. Also, c'mon, a little respect for the B-Watt's wishes!

Mackerelbrain

Better if Calvin looked more like calvin. Hobbes is perfect :)

________.

how could you..

joetheman

I wouldn't buy it, even if it was drawn better.

NazdaqIndex

It beats those dumb Calvin + Hobbs vehicle decals, but still I think it's more challenging and more interesting to develop your own characters. You can do it man!

natehazen

This is so sad.

jaywalkergraphics

LOL at Bill Watterson being so untouchable. Good for him.

Delrondu

OMG YES! i would love the text somewhere on the shirt too but this is darkly great. $5 on Tee

Delrondu

OMG YES! i would love the text somewhere on the shirt too but this is darkly great. $5 on Tee

hellodisko

sadddddddddd

duchess_of_stl

NOO. no no no no no no no. nono.

rabodnube

too much shadow under head, not?

claritaloo

Makes you think. I love it.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?