Close
One second...

forest hump, rump, bump, dumb

• by akrapf
  • posted Mar 06, 2009
  • 35 Comments

lately i watched "forrest gump" on telly.

so i had this goofy idea...should i work it out?

i hope it works without the text?

Watch this
akrapf
akrapf profile pic Alumni

lately i watched "forrest gump" on telly.
so i had this goofy idea...should i work it out?
i hope it works without the text?

akrapf

in the pic "forest dumb" i see i forgot to put some white on the smoke coming out of the trees mouth.

any suggestions?

thx

patrick007

Nice idea, needs some more work though. Other font, more matching with the drawings.
Please check out my designs!

schmeich

not sure about the font issue. i think it'd be hard to get the idea without text

Francesa

Are you sure you don't have "Forest Hump" and "Forest Bump" labels reversed?
Your trees are adorable, lots of personality.
I wonder if you could combine them all into one picture, like trees at a big forest party, each doing their thing.
You could dispense with the type then.

akrapf

ooops, you are right ;) i reversed hump and bump...

do you think this is too controversial for threadless? i mean the hump and rump pictures?

thx francesa, i always appreciate your suggestions! good work in the critique blog!!!!

akrapf

this is still only a rough sketch of the idea. i just changed the text i reversed in v1 and added the smoke.

the question is: is this too scandalous for threadless...the hump and the rump pics? or is it ok, what do you think?

any other suggestions?
thx!

Braniel

forest dumb on it's own, good luck man

kayne

Maybe you could do Forest Dump and having them pooing?
Hm, i'm not really a fan of poo on a t-shirt but it seems to fit with the others more?

akrapf

ok thx. i'm going to work out the forest dumb only then.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

instead of forest rump it should be forest dump....and the trees are staring in shock at some feces after someone took a dump in the woods...that'd be a good pay off....

right now there's no pay off.

Check out one of my Latest!

akrapf

as you guys suggested, i take the "forest dumb" only and get rid of the others.
now we have the smoking tree, the barbecue-tree with a canister of gas, and the pet-owner tree with his leashed beaver.

i think this makes a better composition and shows three good examples of dumb trees.

akrapf

yes, the title would be "forest dumb". color coming soon!

boostr29
boostr29 profile pic Alumni

definitely a lot better than the first two versions...maybe one tree with a chainsaw would be a nice addition...anyway, very funny idea...keep it up!

xcarnoxometzx

Wow looks great. Really cool sketches. It also even transitioned well into color. Sometimes cool sketches lose their charm when color is placed on them, but yours doesn't; really cool I would def vote for this when I see it in the running. What technique, software, etc. do you use when coloring?

Please take a look at my design:
Death of a Caveman

RedRobotMonkey

Looks amazing! As long as you colour it the way you did version 1, this one would be sickkk. Great execution.
comment on mine?

akrapf

this is not finished yet...some details are still missing.
any suggestions so far?

how attractive

It bothers me that dumb doesn't rhyme, but that's a minor inconvenience. I really really like the leaves this time around.

akrapf

ok, is this ready to submit?

kayne

This is really great. Love the style and colours so much more in this.
Not too sure why you went in the Forest Dumb direction though, seemed to fit the least with the others. Is it a pun? Too far from Forest Gump to fit with that...?

janini

Oh, this is great, I love it! Submit it!

jeleu

this is great. very great execution!

akrapf

harvesting of trees

the scene should only anticipate what is going to happen soon with these trees. but they are too dumb to realise it and so they are still very happy trees. only the sun realises and can't believe how dumb they are.

akrapf

harvesting of trees

the scene should only anticipate what is going to happen soon with these trees. but they are too dumb to realise it and so they are still very happy trees. only the sun realises and can't believe how dumb they are.

akrapf

harvesting of trees

akrapf

sorry for the 3 posts above me...i dunno why there's only parts of me text displayed. some kind of error?

yanmos

it looks great & very good execution. submit

No account?
Join Us