Close
One second...

Guitar God\'s Guitars

• by nsins
  • posted Mar 02, 2009
  • 28 Comments

The essence of rock n roll: the guitar!

These are some of the unique guitars that some of the greatest guitar legends ever played. They're hand drawn so they look like the doodles of a daydreaming rock n roller.

Watch this
nsins

The essence of rock n roll: the guitar!

These are some of the unique guitars that some of the greatest guitar legends ever played. They're hand drawn so they look like the doodles of a daydreaming rock n roller.

Personal Genius

What color shirts would this be on? I hope not just white - it'd be a waste.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i wish it was more than just a lineup of guitars. even their positioning is boring - a slight diagonal would make this even the tiniest bit more interesting.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

i wish it was more than just a lineup of guitars. even their positioning is boring - a slight diagonal would make this even the tiniest bit more interesting.

novel

And I like the Jimmy Page two : ) 5$

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

this is cool but I wish there were some really crazy imaginative guitars thrown in the mix too instead of them all just resembling realistic guitars.

slackerdude

Great drawing and idea, but I would have liked it better with fewer (and larger) guitars. And as frickinawesome says it might help to "create" some dynamics in the lineup.

David Messer

Really nice drawings! My criticism (constructive, I hope), is that there are too many heavy metal, 1980s style guitars. That can work in a jaded, ironic sense, but I don't think that's what you intended. There are a lot of very nice guitars out there that you haven't featured that have been played by some great guitarists. Definitely worth a resub. I would buy a shirt like this if not for the Flying-Vs etc

Sargus

This would be awesome on a hoodie!!!

Cassienova

I can think of at least 3 people I could gift this to and win major points with.

So, a five for you.

sclanglois

5$!! fantastic idea, been waiting for something like this for a while :)

Cochon

wheres princes guitar

nsins

Prince is in the lower left hand corner. it's not his "symbol" guitar, though. It's the one in the Smithsonian (no joke).

To much 80's metal!?! I've got Johnny Ramone, Keith Richards, Bootsy Collins, Les Claypool, Prince, Clapton, ZZ Top, Pete Townsend, Paul McCartney, Jerry Garcia, Jimmy Page… that's at least half the list that isn't 80's metal.

I do hear what some of you are saying about mixing it up with some different angles and stuff, but I wanted it to be pure and straight-forward. What you see is what you get, just like rock n roll.

nooneschange

needs more "umph" its not all there yet

nenmusicas

I like the style! Nice!

Check out my slogans if you have some time

vittoria12

it's a cool idea, but "simplify simplify".

NazdaqIndex

So glad you included the Tele! $5

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

I like the linework.. glad you got the SG in there.. best guitar ever!

B 7
B 7 profile pic Alumni

vittoria12 on Mar 09 '09
it's a cool idea, but "simplify simplify".

Ummmm. you cant get more simple than this surely?
I like it like this

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I like it just the way it is. The doodled lines are adorable. Good job. 4

SkyRay

Some of these are pretty badly drawn, but decent job

No account?
Join Us