Knights In White Satin

Watch this
sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i think the knights need more contrast/darks, the frame on the bed stands out a little too much right now!

bcrider

LOL

This is a really funny concept; the orangey color may throw some people off (some people are pretty anti-orange for some reason), but the concept is solid. I think adding the clear metallic overcoat to the mattress and canopy drapes (which of course would be easy to print, but hard to show on a sub) would totally bring home this idea.

Another thing might be making the bed look less flat and more like it has either a woodgrain or a metal/rounded look. Your knights have good depth; I think the bed could use that same treatment.

:) Keep working on it! I'd love to see where it goes.

Jenshirt

I'd like to see more of that dotted shadow in this image. You've only got it under the bed right now, and it kind of sticks out. Maybe use it one or two other places to bring it together? Altogether nice idea.
Hit me back! :)

Mad-Monkey

Totally love the joke! I do think that the orange is going to prevent it from getting picked... really, how many orange shirts do you have in your closet? i've got none.

I like the style you've chosen to do the knights in, however, it feels like you made one and then copied it and moved it around. i would like to see a little variation between the three main horses. What if you chose a defined light source and had it demonstrated on all of their hightlights?

Check mine out too!
http://www.threadless.com/critique/37966/Yes_I_WAS_that_hungry

JTillustratesmore

6 Colours on 'Light Purple'.

I decided to keep the Knights how they were because assuming they were from the same chess set they would all be the same anyway.

What do we think?

bcrider

I totally agree that the knights need to be the same, as they would need to be from the same chess set, but then it makes me wonder if maybe we need to have two colors to illustrate the opposite sides of the board. It could be construed that the two darker ones could be the "black" side, but it honestly looks like they are colored that way due to being in shadow. Maybe there should only be four pieces?

I'm just randomly throwing stuff out there, but I'm really interested to see where this can go. :)

bcrider

Oh, and I like the light purple much better than the orange. :)

JTillustratesmore

Thanks dude, comments are very much appreciated and useful. I created an additional Knight using the dark colour of the bedposts, so I may add this and see what people think...

cameraheart

This is very cool. the colors work great together. I like the odd number of chess pieces.

bcrider

Oh, yeah... that half-toning on the white really helps a lot!

EricaTheRed
EricaTheRed profile pic Alumni

Cool! I like it better without the halftone on fabric- it doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe you could just draw fold lines to show the proper drape?

JTillustratesmore

Changed the drapes, tweaked the design a little. Think this may be ready?

bsweber
bsweber profile pic Alumni

cool man

you may want to work on the half toning around the base shadow, it looks a little inconsistent just having it in those two areas

notnorm

yeah, the angles of the half tone don't match. I would vary the highlight on the knight pieces. Should at least be different for the one on the right. Makes it less obvious that its a copy.

I would appreciate your opinion

JTillustratesmore

thanks for your comments the halftone does look a bit wrong now you mention it.

RAD_Design

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters Ive written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty Id always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I cant say anymore.

cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.