Close
One second...

The Blog Where You Grade The Last Couple Of Movies You've Seen.

Cause every movie's intricate plots and amazing symbolism and cinematography can be reduced to what you grade a high schooler's paper. And maybe one sentence to tell me why you liked/hated it so much. I wanna see/rent some more good flicks!

My recent:

Revolutionary Road- B+

The performances by Leo and Winslett were better than the actual movie, but interesting period piece with a bumtastic messege.

The Wrestler- A

Sometimes 190,000 critics aren't wrong about a movie. Outstanding performances all around and awesome ending.

Slumdog Millionaire- B-

Visually wonderfully ridiculous and an entertaining and simple long-lost-love story, but waaaay too hyped for its own good and not the knock-out I was expecting.

I saw the first and latest Futurama movies recently:

Bender's Big Score- B
Bender's Game- A-

The "BG" Lord of the Rings sub-plot was much much appreciated.

My friend gave me a Taken DVD screener and I'm half-way through There Will Be Blood for the 4th time, andf then i have nothing to watch. What you been watchin?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 24
Chipmnk

Hmm, I watched Tropic Thunder on Friday. It was funny I guess, but it was overall pretty stupid. Stupid funny. Let's go with that. I'd give it a grade of N.

krokun

I've been doing the "go with the girlfriend" thing, so havent seen anything of note.

You ever see Mr. Brooks Evan?

Ballz

Let The Right One In - Best Vampire Movie EVER
Happy-Go-Lucky- A+++++
Gommorah - What A Mob Movie Should Be
Nick n Norah's Infinite Playlist - Talk about goin Ballz Deep

FRICKINAWESOME

Oh, just cause i'm bored at work and no one cares anway, I'm gonna throw a grade up for every movie other people post that i've seen too! YEAY!...or whatever. lol

Tropic Thunder- A

Jesse- No, i didn't see it since it had Dane Cook in it and most recent Kevin Costner movies are real big letdowns. Is it actually good?

asdf, ha, I'm glad Coraline is GOOOOODetc! I've heard good things and my girlie and i wanted to see it on Valentine's Day, but it was all sold out! We saw Revolutionary road instead aka the most depressing movie about marriage and love between two people that you can see on Valentine's Day. hehehe. I'm def gonna go see it before it's out of the theatres. 3-d !!!!

Chipmnk

N as in "I didn't know what letter grade to give it".

Ballz

Coraline is a great movie, it didn't even need the 3-D but was still pretty sweet

kashlen

Religulous...D I was annoyed.

W...C watchable but nothing exciting

The Lucky Ones...C+

not too many great movies have been out recently...and I would rate she's just not that into you, but I suspect you wouldn't care about what grade it got anyway ha ha.

krokun

I quite liked Mr. Brooks.

The only thing Kevin Costner does well is broody. Means he doesnt have to talk too much.

Plus it ended with a song from The Veils. Awesome music.

kashlen

tropic thunder -- agree with the A.

kashlen

Mr. Brooks was AMAZING...

Also, A History of Violence is one I always recommend.

toopersent

Doubt: A

Seriously thought provoking. Normally hate movies with endings like this, but this was brilliant.

Gran Torino: C-

Eastwood was great, everyone else sucks balls. The lack of good supporting actors seriously ruined this movie for me.

He's just not that in to you: B

Great date movie, feel good ending for the most part.

katapawl

Gran Torino- A

katapawl

A for Asians

FRICKINAWESOME

Will do, haya! hehehe.

Ballz, my other friend JUST told me about Let The Right One In....like, two hours ago. Too funny! I'm DEF checking that one out, Netflix style. Happy-Go-lucky sounds good too, hmm, never heard of Gommorah. Good stuff!

shakes: Man on Wire i've never heard a bad thing about, i'm excited to xsee that, also on the netflix cue. ALSO have Encounters a.t.e.o.t.world on the netflix cue, it's my girlfriend's netflix account actually, so there's a lot of stuff onthere that i do and don't wanna see and will take forever to get to us!

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button: C

I'm gonna agree with you on that one shakes. Just too much second-rate Forest Gump, uninspiring characters and the hummingbird and attempts at poetic symbolism fell way flat. I was sooo hoping that would be Fincher's comeback flick too.

Kashlen:

Religulous: B+

Not that there weren't a bunch of reasons, but why were you so annoyed at it? I thought it was a really decent examination of both our religious-obbsessed culture and the proof against the Christian god and the holes in many other regilious beliefs for all the answers. I thgouht Maher had a low brow or five at times to people that posed no threat, and the ending was WAAAY over-the-top and not needed to prove his point, but the info on how Christianity is like the fifth re-telling of the Jesus Christ-like figure was pretty amazing to me, i had no idea!

W: B-

I agree, watchable but overall lacked a really significant bite. I think that was Stone's movie to try and show people he can be sympathetic to the other die's viewpoint and not just mr left-wing conspiracist, but it didn't work that way either. Some good performances and interesting scenes, but overall not as good as it could have, or as good as it might be five years from now if he would have made it.

Kashlen, i also just wanna see how people grade the movies they see, rate it up! What The Lucky Ones?

FRICKINAWESOME

Johntiki, hahahaha@Paul Blart getting an A+!!! I haven't seen it and admittedly i am a Kevin James fan, i think he can do some awesome physical comedy and can tell a joke very well, but that movie just doesn't look like the best showcasing for his talents. Haven't seen it so i can't judge, and will actually check it out when it comes to tv in like three months...things come oh so fast to cable now.

toopersent, great grades and thoughts, just what i was looking for in a short review! My girlfriend saw doubt without me galdangit, i wanted to see it and glad you liked it, she liked it and the ending she won't tell me about like you. I really wanna see Gran Torino, interesting i haven't heard anything bad about the supporting actors, maybe because everyone just blathers on and on about Clint's performance and the overall message of the film.

Khol, You've convinced me to try out the new Woody Allen flick. Thanks!

kashlen

I guess I just grade harsher than I should.

I would have liked Religulous if he had more of the belittling text versus face-to-face harassment. I really like Bill Maher, but I felt it was disappointing because it had more potential to open eyes. I'm familiar with his approach to comedy and how he is in general, so I did expect him to act like that...don't get me wrong. But I guess I was hoping for more than just him going around pissing off religious people. I don't know...and I watched it with a friend of mine who's been brought in in Church of Christ and she kept saying that he needs to get his facts straight/he didn't study the bible, etc.

The Lucky Ones was about 3 soldiers returning on leave from Iraq that all end up road tripping across the U.S. I really liked it, I liked the storyline...but it was lacking something but I couldn't figure out what it was...

Sorry for my rant about Religulous I just think I was disappointed.

toopersent

GO WATCH DOUBT!

toopersent

GO WATCH DOUBT!

PuterBoy

W. : Was boring and offered no more insight into who he was than what everyone else already knew. Was like an unfunny SNL skit. D-

Memento: Guy Pierce should be in more movies. A

Death Race: Was ok, I guess. Good action. Bad ending. B -

Paprika: lolwutdafug. Really out there but it held my attention. There wasn't really any suspense at the end cause everything was so dues ex machina. B-

Puma7

Taken - A
Sideways - B
Doom - F
Resident Evil 1&3 - C

kashlen

I wanna see Coraline!!

mezo

The Dark Knight - C
Lars, and The Real Girl - B+

I don't wanna hear no arguments, either, FA!

toopersent

Defiance :B+

It was a little on the long side, but because it was almost nonstop action it was pure awesome. Daniel Craig is a busy dude.

mezo

I forgot also catching Face Off for the first time on USA yesterday and that gets an enthusiastic B- because I love terrible action movies.

PuterBoy

mezo on Feb 22 '09 at 8:15pm
The Dark Knight - C

:O

toopersent

Face Off wasn't terrible.

mezo

By terrible action movies, tooper, I mean the totally unrealistic ones.

And shut up, puter, I've already been through this argument!

mezo

Roadhouse is THE BEST terrible action movie of time.

PuterBoy

Well then I got to hear it.

Chipmnk

I would have been sad if Stef didn't mention Lars and the Real Girl, but she did and all is right in the world.

toopersent

oh yeah, it is pretty unrealistic....

but not as unrealistic as Demolition Man, which is equally as awesome.

kashlen

The thing about W is that I couldn't tell if they were trying to make fun of Bush or just present him as he actually is.

mezo

Puter- essentially, it went like this: I said it was too slow and bored me into a nap, and everyone else said I was a dingleberry for not wanting to suck The Dark Knight's ping ping.

kashlen

yeah good point...it occurred to me after I clicked Post Comment...

PuterBoy

Frank Miller was trying to make it Sin City. Seriously that guy can't direct for shit.

FRICKINAWESOME

Kashlen, all legitimate reasons for being annoyed with Religulous. I still thought there was plenty of honest dialog (especially at the truck stop church) and interesting observations and overall some funny funny stuff. But man o man he was out of line with that ending...no need to blame religion on every problem going on in the world today.

toopersent, I WANNA SEE DOUBT BAAAAAAAAAD! I SHALL SEE IT SOON AND BLOG ABOUT HOW MUCH I HOPEFULLY LOVED THE MOVIE! You really can't go wrong with me of a film that deatils with the complexities of religion and has Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour-Hoffman in it.

Puterboy:

I hear you on W, but i did find some of the conversation and actual re-enactments of conversations and summarieso f things that went on in his childhood somehwhat interesting, and i actually liked the final moment of the movie.

Memento:: A

All the way with you on that one man. One of the best movies of the 2000's. Really did a different take on how to edit a movie and it actually worked wonderfully. But i love Christopher Nolan movies, he hasn't made a bad one imo opinion yet.

Insomnia: A
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight: A-

Death Race, i kinda wanna see b/c i haven't seen a satisfying stupid action movie in quite some time. I never even heard of Paprika.

FRICKINAWESOME

puma:

I wanna see Taken and am about to since i have the dvd screener.

Sideways - C+ for me...i was really let down on this one since it was hyped so much but i felt it didn't live up to it, and nowhere near his previous film Election.

Doom- D- for me, I only give movies that there is just no reason for it existing and offends on every artistic level to give it an F. But i'm damn close with you on this one. lol. Possibly points because of a few action scenes that were half decent here and there.

Resident Evil 1- C- for me, a really low-rent unscary unconvincing horror movie and a real let-down since they had so much good material for a quality zombie flick from the videogames. But i might give Resident Evil 2 an F since it had even better material to work with and promptly crapped the lamest imagineable Nemesis character ever.

The Dark Knight - C
Lars, and The Real Girl - B+

I don't wanna hear no arguments, either, FA!

hahahaha, no arguements here Mezo on Lars since i haven't seen it, and there's no need to argue about The Dark Knight since when you're so obviously wrong it's kinda useless. icon of face sticking tongue out since i don't know how to do that

tooper: I also have Defiance on DVD screener, I debated watching it, but since it has non-stop nazi-killing action i might have to check it out. I heard it was a decent flick with a few moments of oringianlity for this type of film and awesome performances, especially from Liev Schrieber, which would be impressive indeed since i'm not a big fan of him, except as Orson Welles in RKO287 or whatever the movie was called. Amazing flick about the making of Citizen Kane, have you seen it?

shakes, i'm surprised at your Spirit love. I haven't seen it and was kinda into it before i heard by a few critics it's one of the worst movies they've ever seen. lol. I still wanna make up my own mind about it, but i'll go into it with an ed wood so bad its good attitude and hopefully enjoy it.

toopersent

thank God you didnt like Sideways.... I fucking hated that slow ass movie. Its a shame too because I really like Paul Giamatti.

mezo

That's fine. I love bad movies and am ok with it.

toopersent

Oh...

I also watched Yes Man - B-

I love love love Zooey Deschanel, so hot. Also, for people who have seen Yes Man and stuck around for the credits, the full body suit rollerblading was AWESOME!

She was great in Eulogy.

FRICKINAWESOME

Yeah, tooper,

mezo, i'm glad you're glad with it, as you should be! lol, i like a ton of movies that i probably shouldn't when i was reviewing movies and talking to other reviewers who thought i had the crappiest of all taste since i usually grade a movie based on what it's trying to provide and how successful it is with me. I love The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane, Cabin Boy, The Last Boyscout and many MANY other flicks that most people would word vomit obscentities at me for bringing into the conversation.

tooper: yeah, i thought it was way too hyped up, the ending trite and unhonest to the movie itself, and the story full of more shocking than relevant set pieces.

Khol- I'm SOOOO sad that The Happening isn't any good, i still have been rooting for M. Night since Unbreakable blew my mind into a zillion pieces of awesome.

PuterBoy

The Happening was the worst movie I've seen in forever.

toopersent

Cabin Boy is awesome

mezo

CABIN BOY IS SO BAD I LOVE IT.

Steelplate

Don't know if it's been said... but the latest Futurama movie is actually Into The Wild Green Yonder and honestly, it's there best yet.

toopersent

yes, this is what I meant.

mezo

I can't relate to movie snobs and find most of them pretentious dickfaces.

FRICKINAWESOME

hahah, I'm glad we share the same taste in admiring Chris Elliot flicks!

Puter, i still haven't seen The Happening since every time im about to buy it for five bucks or rent it or something else i hear another person tell me how fucking horrible it is.

mezo

Chris Elliot in Something About Mary was AMAZING.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 24
No account?