Close
One second...

Censorship

• by vectorluv
  • posted Feb 21, 2009
  • 23 Comments

Varoius quotes on censorship being erased, just as the act of censorship denies us of our freedom of expression. Creating our designs are examples of that freedom. Defend it!

Watch this
vectorluv

Varoius quotes on censorship being erased, just as the act of censorship denies us of our freedom of expression. Creating our designs are examples of that freedom. Defend it!

vectorluv

Yea, you're right. Censorship is boring because all of the good stuff would be cut out. You most certainly wouldn't have the freedom to comment eiher, it would be censored. So, comment away. I, for one, will defend your freedom to do it.

peacefreak

Love the quotes and straight forward aproach. I will buy 2 shirts. If we allow censorship all the beauty & the ugly, the humor and the horror will be cut away and we'll all be robots. Right on Vectorluv. 10$$$$$

livfitchick

Great use of text. My favorite part is the eraser. Defend freedom. Sweet 5$

chim13

I'll buy is. Great job 5$$$$

teelv09

It's about time. Most censorship shirts I've seen suck. Great work vectorluv. Count me in 5$

actout

Great, right down to the eraser crumbs
$$$$

hazelove

What a clever approach. Love the eraser.
5$

squatterjohn

I find these new accounts' knowledge of Threadless slang to be quite suspicious. It's almost as if they've been told what to say, rather than to speak their minds freely ...

Hey, does that remind you of anything?

Sp00kyfox

The realization of this idea is quite good. I wonder if it speaks to the real impact of censorship, or presents something that is just a little bit more than another banal message-t-shirt. I encourage you to push tis idea further, and to give it more impact.
(erasing people? Erasing lives?)

vectorluv

squatterjohn, this is a new process for me. I have had 2 entries, both in the same week. Part of that process is sending the link to people you know that would support you. In my case, all of these people would never have looked at this site otherwise, thus, new users. That is part of the purpose of the link they send you when you go up for voting. What they say is up to them, it was a courtesy on my part to give them a little history on how the site works. If you want to call that suspicious, so be it.

saraten

The weave of words is what makes it not as boring as it could be.

saraten

That was supposed to be a compliment...Love the shirt design and the voice behind it.

epcrow

I like the idea, but the typography is weak. You've got a LOT of awkward spacing issues and rivers because you're using justified and really tiny lines of text.

ArikaGranger

if that didn't have the eraser it wouldnt be good for a shirt, but the eraser/erasing adds something to it
so cool idea :)

the_jcw

nice design

upndamix

i'd def buy it!

manthastar

Love the typography. It's supposed to be newspaper, and newspapers and typography use justified text.

Would buy and wear, thanks!

keswater

This is aweome!!

CatchARainbow

I love it.

And I thank god, buddha, allah(sp), and whoever else is up there that I live somewhere I can say so.

No account?
Join Us