Close
One second...

Ease Up

We at The Shaw Collective are keen observers of the world around us. We have many pairs of binoculars, several heavy microscopes, a polaroid camera (with no film) and at least one magnifying glass. With these tools we scrutinize and analyze stuff and things and eventually deduce that we see far too many skulls...and also, that we could go for a big BBQ pork sandwich right now. Hope you like our design, even tho it has a skull in it.

Watch this
TheShawCollective

We at The Shaw Collective are keen observers of the world around us. We have many pairs of binoculars, several heavy microscopes, a polaroid camera (with no film) and at least one magnifying glass. With these tools we scrutinize and analyze stuff and things and eventually deduce that we see far too many skulls...and also, that we could go for a big BBQ pork sandwich right now. Hope you like our design, even tho it has a skull in it.

GreyrJeremy

thats funny.
I dont think it's skull graphics people are tired of it's just the same repetative style their always done in. if you can make them different like so, then your totally in the clear.

Of course, I get the irony!

Good job.

f8xmulder

Mushrooms, OTOH, are great!

past-tense-of-draw

For every skull design there are 5 heart designs.

TheShawCollective

I agree with the stylistic approach to skull iconography is what really throws the trend into lollerspace, but (unlike heart iconography) the skull seems to have been imbued with contrived douchebag hardness since somewhere around 2000....

Plus, we at Shaw Collective are suckers for a good heart. =P

bunuel

absolutely !

cyanidee

neverrrrr the skull is a part of all of us till dEATh

TheShawCollective

Everyone has an opinion - we at The Shaw Collective realize this.

That's why we chose to use EASE UP and not DETH 2 ALL SKULLZ

=P

Lorie8008

Yeah, the skulls have been done to death... pun intended.

dassanv

hehe this is awsome. rare and clever use of text :P $
p.s. if ur interested check out my first sub

TheShawCollective

Thanks Lorie - the design is loosely based on the paul frank skulls/monkey skulls - which was the last time I was really hyped on skulls, personally.

@ dassany: checked, peeped, gandered and commented. Cheers!

TheShawCollective

Sidenote: The design is set entirely in Knockout by H&FJ

TheShawCollective

thanks a lot! I really dig your die design as well. I hope it's not too morbid for the jakes to print, cuz I want one $5'd

Curses

poo graphics. In your heart, you know this to be true.

Curses

poo graphics.

Curses

Comment eaten again. I give up.

Curses

I like skulls.

TheShawCollective

Curses, the links to your designs aren't working.

Oplattamus Rex

I agree so hard! and I could go for the bbq as well.

Curses

I'm sorry, I meant to say that I prefer the glut of skull designs to the plethora of those referencing fecal matter. Somehow my comment got eated by teh internets. It wasn't meant to be a knock.

TheShawCollective

I would love a link to these aforementioned 'poo designs'

We are woefully low on poo shirts 'round these parts.

mrcoolshoes

ha, dont know that i would wear it, but i would def give a high-five to someone who did!

Askepios

Thanks you guys. I feel like I can stop bitching about the skull submissions for a few hours.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I wish this formed an amazing skull graphic instead of the somewhat cheeky and exclusive designer joke it is now. There are many ways to make this appeal to everyone while still proving the same point, develop this further man!

TheShawCollective

I could see tailoring the type a bit by hand to make it more elliptical for the eyes and more toofy for the teefs. And maybe stylizing the cranium outline a bit - But I definitely don't want this shirt to be a totally rawsome skull that just happens to say EASE UP...I'd like it to be the other way around.

TheShawCollective

Ack! Similar. Grumble

I have serious legibility issues with that one, but I definitely agree with the messaging.

TheShawCollective

Despite what you actually mean by it, I'm gonna take it as a positive lollery, as opposed to the negative kind. =P

Februar

very good to see that other people also realize this, with the too many skulls.
cheers for your thoughts on this and the shirt idea!

twentyone

BAHAHAHAHAHA. N I C E.

skulls remind me of ed hardy. and i despise ed hardy.
this reminds me of awesome. i love awesome. 5$

TheShawCollective

Thanks for all your positive comments, guys!

FRENDEN
FRENDEN profile pic Alumni

Several of my first subs didn't break 1.6/1.7. It's a tough racket sometimes!

I really like the tee, though.

TheShawCollective

Thanks, Ray - maybe you can do one with Frenden™ lettering and we can split the winnings =P

FRENDEN
FRENDEN profile pic Alumni

There's an idea! :)

No account?
Join Us