Close
One second...

Nerd Ammo Belt

• by cfboyd
  • posted Feb 18, 2009
  • 35 Comments

A nerd needs a place to store all his ammunition. What better place than a sweet bandolier? Complete with usb drives, flashlight, kleenex, iphone, pens, hand sanitizer, an asthma inhaler, and of course a calculator.

Other specialized models would be custom to a nerd's specific interests, such as Star Wars, LOTR, WOW, Warhammer, Naruto, and so on.

And this is a t-shirt of that awesome idea.

Any improvements would be helpful.

Thanks!

Watch this
cfboyd

A nerd needs a place to store all his ammunition. What better place than a sweet bandolier? Complete with usb drives, flashlight, kleenex, iphone, pens, hand sanitizer, an asthma inhaler, and of course a calculator.
Other specialized models would be custom to a nerd's specific interests, such as Star Wars, LOTR, WOW, Warhammer, Naruto, and so on.

And this is a t-shirt of that awesome idea.
Any improvements would be helpful.
Thanks!

cfboyd

5 colors probably on whie

Casey Laws Lapin

Really funny idea. My suggestion would be to clean up the Purell bottle and the keys on the calculator so they look less posterized and more like illustrations like the rest of the elements. The edges of the Kleenex packet are a little rough as well (and you probably won't be allowed to use the name brands in the design)

cfboyd

Ahh i shoulda thought of that. I'll replace the name brands in the next iteration.
I like the posterized look. I'll see how it looks more illustrated too though. Thanks.

cfboyd

I changed "Purell" to "OCD B GONE" and "Kleenex" to "SnotRag"
The next iteration will probly see those pieces (and the calculator) illustrates outright instead of posterized, as suggested.

Cupid of Crime

Does this design continue to the back? It would be better if it were

notnorm

This is EXCELLENT. I would keep it to just a generic hand sanitizer and kleenex rather than having a clever name by them. Anyway, your concept is strong and the pens really nail the visual of the bullet bandoleer.

I would appreciate your opinion

cfboyd

yeah i wasn't sure about the pun names. i'm not terribly funny.

mmaggi

I think this would be better on a green or brown shirt, keeping with the military coloration.

Personally I'd like to see some D&D style dice tucked in there, maybe some 8 and 10 siders, and of course the trusty 20 sided die that no Dungeon Master would ever be without.... and an eyeglasses repair kit like you get from the checkout at the grocery store.

http://www.threadless.com/critique/37472/A_Modest_Proposal

cfboyd

nice ideas. thanks

cfboyd

I changed some stuff around, added what the back might look like (any ideas for what should be on the back, if anything?
its gotten kinda busy
I dont know how a 10-sided dice would attach to this, but I like that idea.
I changed the purell to just "hand sanitizer'

batheinradiowavs

i think it would look better on either a green shirt, or on the white shirt with a button down shirt design behind the belts

Critique Mine?

notnorm

Maybe a back scratcher that is holstered like a sword. Love the generic hand sanitizer and compass. Oh, maybe some wedgie resistant spikes on the back.

I would appreciate your opinion

cfboyd

i made it a button-up shirt and added a back-scratcher (but i'll probly take that back off, i couldn't really make it work

cfboyd

in fact, it might just not continue onto the back

cfboyd

in fact, the design might just not go onto the back

cfboyd

oops

cfboyd

this is what it is, unless any of you have any great ideas or tips on how to make it look better.

miss glitter

ooooh i really like this :D
and i love how you've made it look like a shirt

crit me?

leavethewindtome

i think if you made the items more like the style of the belt it would look a lot better, especially the soap bottle, everything else looks good
cool idea
check out Mountain Man and tell me what you think

notnorm

With of without the back scratcher I would prefer it with the back. Great work.

wigglefish

ahahahaaaa..that's funny.

Sofamonkeyz

I think it looks about done. Great Idea. the only thing I would change is the handsanitizer bottle and maybe the iphone to match the clean look of everything else

GoodKarmaKid

no compass? no protractor? and you call yourself a nerd. But seriously I think it a cool design and it will do well. Appreciate your help too.

bernethy

Very funny idea. I agree with Sofamonkeyz that the sanitizer and iPhone look too live traced and don't quite match up with the style of the other objects. That's probably all I would recommend, though. Again great idea, good luck!

NoBeardPete

The iphone, and hand sanitizer look less illustrated and more scanned than the other things. I'd lose them anyway. At the very least, I'd go with the smaller type of hand-sanitizer bottle that people acutally carry around with them. It's a cute design, but a bit repetitive. How many pens does one nerd need? How many USB sticks? If you don't mind doing some more drawing, there's a lot more variety you could add. You're working with a limited palette, so you probably won't just add more colors of pens, but maybe make them look a bit different. A few regular ball-point pens, a sharpie, a mechanical pencil, a highlighter, a laser pointer. A leatherman or somesuch wouldn't be out of place, although it might be visually easier to identify some small screwdrivers, say. A ruler, compass, and protractor might be appropriate. You could go old school and work in a slide-rule. Thick glasses are a mainstay of nerd imagery. A magnifying glass could fit in here. Depending on the kind of nerd you're imagining, you could round things out with, say, dice, a lockpick set, a roll of duct tape (which would fit in with your color scheme pretty well), and/or an epi-pen.
It's not entirely clear the attitude towards nerds you're trying to demonstrate. Labeling the tissues "snotrags" seems to make it a bit mean-spirited. I'd propose going more positive.
Lemme know what you think about my design too.

pops213

like the shirt i would by one of those

No account?