Close
One second...

Confident Pencil

• by RyanCox
  • posted Feb 17, 2009
  • 12 Comments

I thought this was a funny idea. I am happy with it, but I am sure it can use some work to perfect it. So let me know what you think.

Watch this
RyanCox

I thought this was a funny idea. I am happy with it, but I am sure it can use some work to perfect it. So let me know what you think.

christineattanasio

I think this is really cute!
The location on the shirt will make a big difference.
The size of the design on the shirt will too.
I'm sure people will have other opinions to share, but otherwise this looks good!

yellowcrayon686

so funny! i love it! where are you going to place it?\

i think maybe you should take the text in the speech bubble and make it more like a pencil handwriting font.

RyanCox

Yes, I have been pondering the location on the shirt; It will make a huge difference. Yellowcrayon686, good idea with the text looking like pencil handwritting. I kind of rushed with the text. I will change that.

xcarnoxometzx

I think the concept is very attractive, but the execution of the artwork should be improved on to put on a shirt. Im not saying the artwork is bad, it's just that everything looks so ordered and proper. Maybe change the drawing style and have the pencil have more character to him (arms and hands, exageratted body and a charmful bent eraser, etc.) This def has potential.

Please check out my image that will be sent for submission
http://www.threadless.com/critique/37287/Tortoise_and_the_Hare

Eepster

Add more details. For the text how about "I'm not afraid to make mistakes" it's a bit more natural sounding. I'd play with the font, it's very formal now.

RyanCox

Eepster, I think I will change the phrasing, that way sounds better.

castratingcutie

The pencil looks a bit MS paint-ed. But I love the idea.

RAD_Design

why not have them sitting on a piece of lined paper? or have some lined paper somewhere around there.

or a couple of wadded up pieces of paper somewhere with ink on them. or a piece of paper with an ink smear on it.

f8xmulder

Thanks again for all your helpful suggestions and comments on Save Australia. It's up for voting now, so if you have the time, drop a 5 and a nice comment! Thanks!! :-)

Vote for the koala! Save Australia

No account?
Join Us