Close
One second...

seattle

part of design that extends beyond shirt boundary in jpg is meant to be printed around side of shirt

Watch this
theunnamable

part of design that extends beyond shirt boundary in jpg is meant to be printed around side of shirt

billyemerrill

where is columbia tower:(

numberone

i really like how the detail is simple... its really wearable in a way you won't get sick of

Erand25

Nice simple design. Great throw on and go shirt.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I can see that view from my condo. This sort of a design feels too touristy....and stiff. I dig the blue hues though. Keep practicing! 2

larsonya

This is WAY more sleek, bold, and interesting than anything I've seen in this contest. I want The Unnamable to make one for Boston. And Minneapolis. I don't care, as long as it fits me and is as geometric and distinctive as this one! I can imagine everyone I know wanting a shirt like this. "Say, is that Gary, Indiana? Or Rome?"

marblecargirl

Hey! That's where I'm moving next year!

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

To the Space Needle? I hear the rent is high. GET IT?

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

really doesn't have any real value to anyone who doesn't live or visit there. even for a tourist shirt it's very much lacking in text and fireworks.
add fireworks.

ljmiller1

Very cool! I like the colors and the location of the graphic!

arosof

Awesome design... totally wearable.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

The designer of this tee has a lot of loyal friends.

Amalur

nice!
p.s., billyemerrill, the space needle is actually way to the left of the columbia tower and all the other recognizable buildings. not to be all nitpicky or anything.

dpsullivan

... and they all joined up today!

klawrence

I think it's great. You don't have to necessarily have a personal attachment to appreciate the beauty of the city scape, the print, and the location of the print. Nicely executed. I'd definitely buy one.

wigglefish

Seattle Washington.

Twiggyhall

How could I not love a tee devoted to my fair city? sips on microbrew

smusi
smusi profile pic Alumni

i'd like to think my skyline is a little more interesting than that.

you clearly have a lot of friends; i wish i had that many that would come on here and do that for me. you are a lucky person.

pikeplace

I WANT to love this t-shirt since I'm pretty obsessed with my hometown, but it's just not accurate enough to be cool, eh? Maybe throw in Mt. Rainier in the background, kind of like what you did for Hong Kong?

jenraskopf

larsonya on Feb 18 '09
This is WAY more sleek, bold, and interesting than anything I've seen in this contest. I want The Unnamable to make one for Boston. And Minneapolis. I don't care, as long as it fits me and is as geometric and distinctive as this one! I can imagine everyone I know wanting a shirt like this. "Say, is that Gary, Indiana? Or Rome?"

I suppose for someone who can confuse Gary, Indiana and Rome, this would seem sleek and bold. Of course, I don't know which 10 other shirts they have compared it to, seeing as they've only scored 11 since joining the day this sub went up.

The linework is somewhat interesting but fails to make sense. Yes, the space needle is the most recognizable element of the Seattle skyline for someone not from there, but why would anyone from there want to buy a shirt that minimalizes their city down to an interestingly drawn space needle and wonked out background buildings that don't relate to the actual city?
For that matter, why would anyone not from there want to buy a shirt of the space needle?

If you want to make it look like a retro tourist shirt, which are popular nowadays, maybe add some text (I know, an unheard of comment) in a cheesy font. Something like "See you in Seattle" or "The Space Needle is out of this world!"

I have to believe you are capable of something more intrigueing than this.

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

next time try and defend your design instead of bashing someone else's, it's very childish.

she is giving you a critique, and a very thought out one at that - so either take it into account or block your ears.

either way, this isn't getting printed here because it is just a bad design.

liptrip

YAY! i live in washington!!!

Hazelle

i like this a lot, i like building shirts, i think they are always interesting.

theunnamable

Final Thoughts:

I personally tend to like simpler designs on stuff I wear. I don't wear stuff with fireworks, words, really bright colors, etc. I don't have any problem with people that do, it's just my personal style. Anyway, I think it was well executed and came out as I envisioned.

BTW I used an actual picture of the cityscape as reference, so the buildings in the background are more or less accurate. I'm not sure what direction it was taken from, people are probably used to seeing it from a different angle.

The same all pretty much applies to my other design as well.

Thanks to everyone who had constructive things to say, I appreciate the feedback. Alot of you have very admirable skills! Thanks again!

No account?