• 85 Comments

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
kanavera

because it rocks

PinkSabbath

ugh... dotn make a new blog about it... add to one of the 238409734923864 that are already made about it.... its selling really fast, people like it. threadless will priobibly even (gasp) reprint it. so please stop cluttering the blog. sorry im not normally blahish like this im just tired of seeing people complain about this shirt.

Skipper6745
Skipper6745 profile pic Alumni

I love this and I don't know why.

It seems design-y and different to me.

sehughe1

You probably don't like Cy Twombly

gerpander

Because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

letum

I wish I could have made $2000 off a MS Paint design :(

gerpander

letum, see that's the difference between you and a designer.

4this

this shits got maaad style... I'd wear this everyday

lavaliera

pinksabbath - there's only two other threads complaining about the shirt, and I'm only trying to put my opinion out there, and i'm genuinely curious. i'm not "cluttering" the blog, do you only consider negative opinions to be cluttering? why not tell the dozens of people gushing about the shirt to put it all in one blog?

4this

it goes good with zip up hoodies and punk rock shows. I'd wear it to an Eagles of Death Metal concert

Kaleidoscope*swe*

ehhh why the hell do you care if people like it

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

graphic design is so not a threadless tshirt deary.
this tshirt comes closer than most.

kanavera

... you're 17... need i say more?

Stevethegreat

oh my FUCKING god
if I hear another one of these FUCKINGidiotic posts about how GREAT or CRAPPY a t-shirt is and how somebody's life was FUCKING RUINED because it was either printed or sold out I will murder my roommate

PinkSabbath

lavaliera .... i do.

gerpander

Do it do it do it do it do it..

kidaro

Yeah, do it do it do it! and take some pictures.

lavaliera

and you're 20...not much of a difference there

kanavera

no, but i don't bitch about a tee

.moto.
.moto. profile pic Alumni

-it's stylish
-it's simple
-it's pink
-it's well designed (simple i know)
-it's fantastical

kanavera

.moto., i second that

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

ha ha , awesome

(at the orignal comment)

and thanks everyone who digs it ;-)

PinkSabbath

i love how rob is taking the criticizm... i think you did good rob!

PinkSabbath

people are just jealous they didnt think of something so amzingly simple

shirtflirt

is there a contest to see how many blogs can be about this shirt?

gerpander

I think with $2000 in your backburner you don't give a fuck what some whiny teen says about your printed design.
Go Rob!

littlem

the dread pirate robertttttt

mini dukes III

Agreed. It looks like an MTV ad.

random*chick

I really like it, I bought it and I'm , uh, 38!

leliophelia

I agree. It's.... nothing special.

numbb

they like it if they like dance. simple.

akuheibaka

reminds me of dadaism.

learn yo' art.

i like it. wouldn't wear it, but it's cool.

scoutti
scoutti profile pic Alumni

what i think:

when you look closer or for a longer time
you see:

- the words are not all within the pink highlight parts of the top and lowest rows are omitted
- the pink highlight is not simply in a rectangular shape, but rather a highlight-ish shape you would get when highlighting words in microsoft
- the scribblings are not evenly distributed

scoutti
scoutti profile pic Alumni

and i bought it, too.

Noodlegirl

because dancing is the best thing in the world.

akuheibaka

plus, i like how some of the scribbles give the letters a 3d effect.

like, adds more depth.

whylime

I imagine it could be quite usefull if you often find your self going to a place where some people go do dance and others do not and you felt the need to distinguish which of the two groups you belonged to.

Stevethegreat

haha, whylime

your mix is coming soon, by the way

lavaliera

kanavera/stevethegreat - this is a tshirt design rating site. i didn't know i wasn't allowed to "bitch" or gush about tshirt designs on a site specifically made for DOING SO.

and gerpander, there's no need to resort to personal insults and calling me a "whiny teen." just because i didn't like the specific design doesn't mean i hate the designer and his other work. my blog wasn't meant as a personal attack on him, only a criticism of this particular design.

and all the other commentators, thanks for giving me reasons. but i don't think i will ever be able to understand the appeal of this shirt.

zimfreak

Was andy warhol an artist?

Jennifuhrer

this shirt belongs on someone in one of those
dance-off movies. Busta move? or you been served?
or some other cheesy poof movie..even Flashdance.
There's def a retro feel to it,, neon.hot pink ..psh
bust out the leg warmers
I'm with ya lav, I don't get it

feanne

It's not that it's an ugly design. I find it aesthetically pleasing.

It's just that-- if it hadn't been printed, I wouln't have been surprised. It's not one of those designs that I just take one look at and think, "wow, no wonder this one was printed!"

And yeah, I don't see why you guys are getting on lavaliera's case for expressing an opinion. Her post wasn't even one of those stupid bashing things, she did state exactly what she didn't like in the design.

Robsoul

it's because it was like the 20th blog about how shitty this tee is, that's the only reason, the bloggers were getting tired of it and I was fueling them with cocaine and steriods

Robsoul

but whatever, it sold out (almost) and obviously ppl liked it or it'd have sat there like http://www.threadless.com/product/346/Ruido has sat there foe months,,, and the previously mentioned tee is on it's 2nd $10 sale

:-)

littlem

*vomit

feanne

You know what, I think that Threadless has enough popularity to print almost any design, and it'll get sold out. :)

Robsoul

it actually does look like pink vomit, someone drank too much pepto and blew chunks on their brand new plain GAP tee

Robsoul

You know what, I think that Threadless has enough popularity to print almost any design, and it'll get sold out. :)

hmmm maybe, but I really don't think so... I mean, shit, it flew out the door faster than all the rest that went on sale the same day. And the other tees are insanely good.

Robsoul

and again, I'll point to this tee, http://www.threadless.com/product/346/Ruido

it's good, sure but why hasn't it sold out then...

there's actually a webpage that lists the tees that have sold the fasted and most, can't remember the link

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?